News: TPI: The Eagles are getting close to trading Carson Wentz, sources say

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN: Sources: Eagles expected to trade Wentz soon

A trade shipping Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz out of Philadelphia is expected to happen soon, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter.

Read Full Story

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

iu

Valkyr

Reaction score
Man, this whole thing went down the tubes with quickness.

king987

Reaction score
What a fun rodeo Philly has been the last month. Kinda sad, I don't want Wentz to leave the NFC East! ;)

I'm curious though, are they really planning to build around Hurts? Cause they do have that 6th pick...

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wentz for Foles would be interesting.
If some GM gives up a 1st, let alone two of em, for Wentz he is putting his job on the line.

I have always been on the Frank Reich Colts side of this trade and it makes the most sense:
AFC team
Old QB Coach...when Wentz was balling
Colts have cap space to absorb QB contract

HungryLion

Reaction score
I listen to a lot of Philly sports talk because I am from the area and I am a sixers fan.

this is a tweet from one of the radio personalities.

Also, part of the rumor is that the eagles would
Get the bears first rounder. And bears would get the eagles second rounder.

the bears first rounder is like the 20th pick and the eagles have a high 2nd. So it would be like moving up about 16 spots with the pick.

T-RO

Reaction score
But what happened to CAP HELL???

Next time anyone tells you a players contract destroys said teams Cap :facepalm: since the last to collective bargaining agreement the Owners have protected themselves....not getting deals is either cheap owner or Lazy GM...

No.

From the Athletic:

"Presuming any Wentz trade would be completed before his 2021 salary becomes guaranteed on the third day of the new league year (March 19), the Eagles will incur a cap hit of $33.8 million, which would be the largest in NFL history, a bitter pill to swallow for a team already projected to be over the salary cap."
I could see the Eagles decide to tank the 2021 season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This must have been what it felt like when Babe Ruth got shipped to the Yankees.

The curse of the Wentzino?

HungryLion

Reaction score
You know the eagles trading Wentz and asking for Foles as part of the package.... is just one more slap to Wentz’s face.

quite frankly I love it.