Trade Dak for Tua

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just throwing this out into the universe. Hear me out Jerry.

Dolphins are a team ready to win now.

Dallas is a team trending down. No defense.. Oline fading (what actually made us good with Dak and Zeke).

Is Tua a risk? Sure.. He's struggled a bit. But he's a rookie coming off a major injury that it looks like he will fully recover from.

I think the bigger risk here is signing Dak to a number that never allows us to fill all of the holes this football team has and keeping us mediocre.

This move makes sense for both teams.. We get a young talent with a lot of upside to be a potential Steve Young / Russell Wilson that will give us financial flexibility over the next 4 years that Dak just won't give us.

Is Tua a gamble? Sure.. He may never be as good as Dak.. But i'm watching a guy like Baker Mayfield have success even though he isn't that special of a player because the Browns have put a lot of things around him that Dak had early on his career.

But I think this year showed us that having and not having Dak doesn't make much of a difference in terms of team results and unless you have an elite QB then you better focus on team building and not over paying 1 guy.

Also, please do not tell me we just need a defense. In 2019 we saw plenty of games where the defense stepped up, including the Philly game late in the season, and we could only get 9 points.

We need to start beating good football teams. If our goal is to have fancy stats while only beating bad teams than we can stay on our status quo path.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Dallas is a team trending down. No defense.. Oline fading (what actually made us good with Dak and Zeke).

Is Tua a risk? Sure.. He's struggled a bit. But he's a rookie coming off a major injury that it looks like he will fully recover from.

I think the bigger risk here is signing Dak to a number that never allows us to fill all of the holes this football team has and keeping us mediocre.

This move makes sense for both teams.. We get a young talent with a lot of upside to be a potential Steve Young / Russell Wilson that will give us financial flexibility over the next 4 years that Dak just won't give us.

Is Tua a gamble? Sure.. He may never be as good as Dak.. But i'm watching a guy like Baker Mayfield have success even though he isn't that special of a player because the Browns have put a lot of things around him that Dak had early on his career.

But I think this year showed us that having and not having Dak doesn't make much of a difference in terms of team results and unless you have an elite QB then you better focus on team building and not over paying 1 guy.

Also, please do not tell me we just need a defense. In 2019 we saw plenty of games where the defense stepped up, including the Philly game late in the season, and we could only get 9 points.

We need to start beating good football teams. If our goal is to have fancy stats while only beating bad teams than we can stay on our status quo path.
Right on cue. lol.

I like how you brought up Baker. Wait until he gets paid.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
In 2019 we needed an average defense, average special teams, and average coaching.

We didn't. Having to cherry pick the injured Philly game shows insecurity in your position.

Dak has a much better chance of becoming "Wilson or Young".

Also we definitely saw the difference with and without Dak, as far as team results go. You are just so blind you somehow didn't see it.

Embarrassing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The rate at which you continue to try and look dumb is alarming. Fresh off your “I would take dalton over dak” catastrophe, you roll right into tua is better. Lol

You show once again that you not only know nothing about football, “don’t tell me we need a defense”, but you are without a doubt the worst qb and talent evaluator this board has ever seen.

Delete your account!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does your suggestions have any chance of happening? Or are you just throwing it out there and passing it off as clickbait?

It doesn't have a chance.

The Cowboys have become the conservative boring bunch.

They make a lot of smart football decisions every offseason and we all applaud their smart decisions all the way to mediocrity.

The teams finding success do crazy things like sign a 40 something year old QB during the offseason and let go of their 1st pick in the draft who lead the league in passing.

Teams like Arizona giving up on Josh Rosen after 1 year to sign Kyler Murray.

Chiefs telling Alex Smith goodbye and taking a complete gamble on a guy named Patrick Mahomes.

Dallas is boring.. They have a core group that hasn't had any playoff success at this level and they have chosen to lock that core down.

They built their team around WR's.. Paid a RB..

WE got bad contracts.. An aging Oline. Holes everywhere.

Their secret sauce is vanilla flavored. Draft guys and sign scrubs in FA. Thinking rookies will make a difference from the previous year.. That will be our upgrades next season. Rookies.... How will we ever get ahead when our annual upgrades are rookies...

They need to be a little more radical and moving on from Dak for a cheap QB contract is the move that can get us back in the race quick.

If they sign Dak they will have to get lucky in the draft and draft a transcendent player that provides a spark that this franchise desperately needs right now.

We need someone or something to carry us like the Oline used to and there is nothing I can point to on this roster that makes us special.

Proof

Reaction score

why would the Dolphins even consider this? They’re playoff bound w/ Fitz. They traded away all their assets for picks and cap space. Coupled with the fact that I think they’re a mirage.

That’s before getting to the reasons Dallas likely wouldn’t.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It won’t happen. Dak is going to get paid most likely a new record setting contract because it’s Jerry Jones and he needs attention. Rest assured he will never live up to the contract so just set expectations.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What is wrong with you? :laugh:

John813

Reaction score
I doubt Miami has any real interest in trading away Tua for a QB that would cost a lot to retain.

They just finished year two of a scorched earth rebuild. Their offensive line is young and incomplete and their receivers outside of Parker are JAGs.They need to stay the course, continue the rebuild and give Tua more time to prove himself.

From Dallas POV, I would be wary of Tua due to his injury history and his passes this year reminded me of Chad Pennington. No zip, Maybe it's the hip, but man, we would be downgrading arm strength at the moment and Tua played very cautious, to a fault even

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
In 2019 we needed an average defense, average special teams, and average coaching.

We didn't. Having to cherry pick the injured Philly game shows insecurity in your position.

Dak has a much better chance of becoming "Wilson or Young".

Also we definitely saw the difference with and without Dak, as far as team results go. You are just so blind you somehow didn't see it.

Embarrassing.

There was more than 1 game where the defense stepped up and the offense did squat.

We don't beat good teams either. With or without Dak.. Dak really doesn't make a difference either way.

Nothing against him either.. I think Dak is a solid football player.

My problem with Dak is he is terrible value.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Tua is showing that having 4 top 15 picks at WR on one team really helps a QB