Trade Dak for Tua

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Just throwing this out into the universe. Hear me out Jerry.

Dolphins are a team ready to win now.

Dallas is a team trending down. No defense.. Oline fading (what actually made us good with Dak and Zeke).

Is Tua a risk? Sure.. He's struggled a bit. But he's a rookie coming off a major injury that it looks like he will fully recover from.

I think the bigger risk here is signing Dak to a number that never allows us to fill all of the holes this football team has and keeping us mediocre.

This move makes sense for both teams.. We get a young talent with a lot of upside to be a potential Steve Young / Russell Wilson that will give us financial flexibility over the next 4 years that Dak just won't give us.

Is Tua a gamble? Sure.. He may never be as good as Dak.. But i'm watching a guy like Baker Mayfield have success even though he isn't that special of a player because the Browns have put a lot of things around him that Dak had early on his career.

But I think this year showed us that having and not having Dak doesn't make much of a difference in terms of team results and unless you have an elite QB then you better focus on team building and not over paying 1 guy.

Also, please do not tell me we just need a defense. In 2019 we saw plenty of games where the defense stepped up, including the Philly game late in the season, and we could only get 9 points.

We need to start beating good football teams. If our goal is to have fancy stats while only beating bad teams than we can stay on our status quo path.
hahaha

Trade for a guy who cant thrown down the field? Seriously dude?