Trade Dak for Tua

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh so the Dolphins want to win now with Dak huh? Dak must be pretty good then.

Dak is a very solid player yes.

You can win with him and if the team is far under the cap I think you can pull a Garopolo with him. They also have a lot of draft capital.

In Dallas? We are trending down and have too many holes and bad contracts on the books. We will be mediocre with Dak.. We can still make the playoffs though while being mediocre if our division stays the same.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak is a very solid player yes.

You can win with him and if the team is far under the cap I think you can pull a Garopolo with him. They also have a lot of draft capital.

In Dallas? We are trending down and have too many holes and bad contracts on the books. We will be mediocre with Dak.. We can still make the playoffs though while being mediocre if our division stays the same.
You still think that Dak’s new contract will be a 40 mill hit every year. It won’t.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You still think that Dak’s new contract will be a 40 mill hit every year. It won’t.

No I think if he gets signed for 5 years then by year 4 or 5 we might be a legit contender again because we will have no cap space and rookies as our upgrades.

I think Seattle is a good standard for what it looks like when you pay a QB. Except there guy is elite.. It doesn't matter though because his contract has screwed the team around them but next year they may finally be able to field a NFL caliber defense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No I think if he gets signed for 5 years then by year 4 or 5 we might be a legit contender again because we will have no cap space and rookies as our upgrades.

I think Seattle is a good standard for what it looks like when you pay a QB. Except there guy is elite.. It doesn't matter though because his contract has screwed the team around them but next year they may finally be able to field a NFL caliber defense.
They are close to being a super bowl caliber team now. Just need some players on defense and maybe a new DC.

mardwin

Reaction score
Unless that young QB name is Burrow or Hibbert Dallas is not parting way with Dak for a straight-up rookie trade.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That is just delusional and nothing to support that claim.
Not delusional at all. With Dak at the helm we've had the best offense in the entire NFL the last 2 years. Just need help on defense. Special teams improved this year as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not delusional at all. With Dak at the helm we've had the best offense in the entire NFL the last 2 years. Just need help on defense. Special teams improved this year as well.

Well.. In 2019 the defense stepped up and the offense didn't.

Improving the defense with rookies will just have us chasing our tail and doesn't necessarily mean Dak and the offense perform anyways..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What? The defense was horrible last year. Marinelli remember? :facepalm:

We had plenty of games where the defense nearly pitched shut outs and the Cowboys couldn't do squat.

9 points in Philly to make the playoffs?

Losing to the Saints by only allowing Field Goals to a Teddy Bridgwater team?

Thats just off the top of my head.

NFL doesn't want you playing good defense. You can't depend on defense in todays NFL. You just have to hope you're solid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We had plenty of games where the defense nearly pitched shut outs and the Cowboys couldn't do squat.

9 points in Philly to make the playoffs?

Losing to the Saints by only allowing Field Goals to a Teddy Bridgwater team?

Thats just off the top of my head.

NFL doesn't want you playing good defense. You can't depend on defense in todays NFL. You just have to hope you're solid.
I stand by my statement that the defense was horrible last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I stand by my statement that the defense was horrible last year.

And I stand by my statement with proof that even if the defense plays well it doesn't mean Dallas offense still will.

Proof

Reaction score
They have a top defense and I think Flores is becoming one of the best coaches.

Dak is a win now type of move.

Dallas? We are trending down but our division is awful so we will be in the hunt regardless unless Washington finds a QB.

difference of opinion I suppose. Their wins against the Rams and Cardinals were impressive, but otherwise they mostly beat cream puffs. And I have a hard time buying a top D that gets 50 dropped on em

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just throwing this out into the universe. Hear me out Jerry.

Dolphins are a team ready to win now.

Dallas is a team trending down. No defense.. Oline fading (what actually made us good with Dak and Zeke).

Is Tua a risk? Sure.. He's struggled a bit. But he's a rookie coming off a major injury that it looks like he will fully recover from.

I think the bigger risk here is signing Dak to a number that never allows us to fill all of the holes this football team has and keeping us mediocre.

This move makes sense for both teams.. We get a young talent with a lot of upside to be a potential Steve Young / Russell Wilson that will give us financial flexibility over the next 4 years that Dak just won't give us.

Is Tua a gamble? Sure.. He may never be as good as Dak.. But i'm watching a guy like Baker Mayfield have success even though he isn't that special of a player because the Browns have put a lot of things around him that Dak had early on his career.

But I think this year showed us that having and not having Dak doesn't make much of a difference in terms of team results and unless you have an elite QB then you better focus on team building and not over paying 1 guy.

Also, please do not tell me we just need a defense. In 2019 we saw plenty of games where the defense stepped up, including the Philly game late in the season, and we could only get 9 points.

We need to start beating good football teams. If our goal is to have fancy stats while only beating bad teams than we can stay on our status quo path.

You're really starting to lose it, dude. Perhaps it's time to find another hobby?