Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not if Dak is resigned.
You are missing the point. The original post said trade him. I said make him a June 1st cut. So Dak would be gone. It saves big money in 2024 and 2025 and only adds $11m in 2026 while you have a QB on a rookie deal. You are giving Lance one year to show if he has anything. If he sucks, the team will have a terrible record and will have a chance and drafting a real franchise QB. If people really think Dak is the problem, he can be erased quite easily.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No one would trade for Dak with the salary that’s coming.
Truth.

Daks 2024 base is 29 million. Plus a 5 million roster bonus.

Also, it doesnt benefit Dallas to trade Dak. The cap hit is the same. It would be treated as a post June cut though. So the dead cap is over two seasons.

Early March is the deadline to make a decision on Dak.

We are screwed if he gets extended.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are missing the point. The original post said trade him. I said make him a June 1st cut. So Dak would be gone. It saves big money in 2024 and 2025 and only adds $11m in 2026 while you have a QB on a rookie deal. You are giving Lance one year to show if he has anything. If he sucks, the team will have a terrible record and will have a chance and drafting a real franchise QB. If people really think Dak is the problem, he can be erased quite easily.
If you part ways with Dak it is a complete rebuild. No reason to sign CD and Micah.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you part ways with Dak it is a complete rebuild. No reason to sign CD and Micah.
this is true, the cap hit would just waste the next 2 years for a QB...Im not against it thats just reality..if they do it just stay above water with a journeyman QB until they can clear the hit...dont waste the first 2 cheap years of a QB on a cap hit strapped team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
this is true, the cap hit would just waste the next 2 years for a QB...Im not against it thats just reality..if they do it just stay above water with a journeyman QB until they can clear the hit...dont waste the first 2 cheap years of a QB on a cap hit strapped team.
If they decide to go that route, which they will not because they think they are close when they are not close, then trade CD, and Micah. Tank for 2 years and get $100M under the cap.

My fear is even if we did all of that, the Jones' would still not know how to build s team.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dont have to resign them...they are under contract next year. But if you want, trade them now while they have huge value. Would have no trouble moving up for one of the top rookie QBs if that is what you wanted to do.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
That is all you are talking about. I think Dak has more than enough talent to win a SB.
Actually he doesn't. But worse QBs than him have won Superbowls. And that's my hope right there. If we win a Superbowl with him than with acceptancing that he's nothing more than a bus driver and have to build the team around him respectively.

It's doable. So Jerry and Mike, do it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Actually he doesn't. But worse QBs than him have won Superbowls. And that's my hope right there. If we win a Superbowl with him than with acceptancing that he's nothing more than a bus driver and have to build the team around him respectively.

It's doable. So Jerry and Mike, do it.
Dak is a fraud man.

Everyone knows it.

He is never winning anything.

All Dak wants is that big extension.

He doesn’t care if our Cap is screwed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save 34
right but what you see in savings I see the dead cap hit... So we lose a top ten quarterback have to fill his spot and are on the hook for all that money towards that position is the way I always look at.. Then what what's your plan he has to agree to a trade then we have to have options outside of I'm sorry Mr. Trey Lance Mr. project how long do we wait on this project we still are on the hook for all that dead cat money that's a lot why don't you tell people about that cap hit it saves 34 million in your mind but it costs the money against the cap for that position meaning we wouldn't be able to afford bringing over another guy I don't know that can help us win 10 games and squeak into the playoffs ,

who's that guy??

I mean we have to have a plan you just can't say ohh we hope Prescott wants to leave and then what we're a bad team again I mean you're sure putting a whole lot of this on Prescott which we could replace him if,

• we have a shut down defense that can hold teams under 20 points I'm sorry but we do not it was the biggest issue last year and the last game and all the big games that we allegedly couldn't stay in or lost that we blame on the quarterback
  • a super strong run game with a physical offensive line we do not this isn't that five game stretch at Cooper rush valiantly played like a bottom 10 quarterback but somehow we won games show me that over 17 games we are not ready for that...
  • Now show me game plans by both sides of the ball from coaching Staffs that can literally do more with less at quarterback... Recent history says we are not ready for that...
So let's discuss maybe this move should not be made this year it should be made in 2025 there should be a plan starting this offseason and throughout the year of finding out who can answer these questions above before we jettison our top ten guy out of the picture...

kskboys

Reaction score
Not for Dak since he has the worst post season win percentage for any QB ever that has started at least 5 games in playoffs . Dak sucks .
Nope. Kirk Cousins is 1-4. Alex Smith is 2-5, same as Dak. Several others also.