Trade Dak?

ghst187

Reaction score
Might be the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.
You can’t trade a proven talent at QB for a hopeful shot at an unproven QB in the draft.
The Cards did it kinda although I wouldn’t say Rosen is proven.
The QB spot is too critical and if you whiff, you’ve wasted this entire talented roster because you may be searching for a qb for another 15 years. The odds of a rookie QB lighting it up are stacked against you heavily, even at the top of the draft.
How many games has Dak thrown away? Like almost none.
How many games has he led a fourth Qrtr game winner? Tons
This team can win it all with Dak, the Achilles heel is on the sidelines not in a uniform.

Proof

Reaction score
Interesting thought even as a Dak fan. Would’ve needed to be in conjunction with nabbing Rosen though imo

Sandyf

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lord, please let the season start so we can move on from more idiot articles like this one. Like Dak or Not, would rather have him than having to go 1-15 for a maybe QB in the draft. You have as much chance on hitting a QB that is a franchise guy at 1 or 2 as you do hitting on a guy like Paxton Lynch which we almost did. Have to wonder if Dak has a great year and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl if the guy prints a retraction.

Probably not because even if Dak wins the Super Bowl for us, some of the Cowboys fans on this board would still want to get rid of him. Geez!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What chew talkin' bout Willis?

Kiss my grits.

The plane boss. The plane.

I pity the fool.

Sorry just tired of all the Dak talk.

glimmerman

Reaction score
2 first round QBs.. 2 people that have never played a down in the NFL.. Whats the odds we hit on something better than what we have now.. Which is a QB that wins way more than he loses.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
THe article says he might take a couple or a few years to become a good but not elite QB. He has a chance to still be mediocre like Flacco became but trade him for two firsts? Did the Broncos give up two firsts for Flacco?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hmmmm another angle on Dak......

The dilemma here is what can we get for Dak to move up in the 2020 draft and select a new possible Franchise QB......

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-trade

Maybe Dak plays up to 30mil, but I don't think that's the smart bet, and that's his ceiling.

In the last 15 years, we got Tony, Matt Moore, and Dak, while spending nothing higher than a 4th in that time period. We should have been going to that well more often.

But we've left ourselves with no options this year. We did nothing to prepare for moving on from Dak. Cooper is like Moore, another emergency QB at most. Just doesn't have enough arm. Mike White is the only halfway attempt, and he's entirely a pocket passer.

We're going to sign Dak. Let's hope his accuracy improves.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2 first round QBs.. 2 people that have never played a down in the NFL.. Whats the odds we hit on something better than what we have now.. Which is a QB that wins way more than he loses.

Not that bad. And we save a lot of money.

I like the odds and cost better if we had been bringing in more QBs farther down in the draft since we moved on from Tony. Bring in running QBs and really run them to add that dimension to the offense. Teams spend big on QBs and then have management careers that have to justify that expense.

Churn the cheaper ones. We did more than ok doing that with Tony, Moore, and Dak. And we actually rarely tried to do it.