Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

tomokawan

Reaction score
Well, I don’t make the nfl trade deadlines. Adding to this team right now is adding furniture to the titanic. We have to offload Dak and rebuild through the draft. Sorry you don’t get it. I’ve probably been watching this mess a lot longer than you.
Could of fooled me. You may have watched a long time, but still can't see. How are we gonna off load Dak?? You were the one who said to rebuild, but have no clue how to do it. rebuild in the draft, and what year are we suppose to have our superstar QB and team to win a championship ???You do know who the owner and GM is ??I unlike you, i am not gonna talk foolish rebuild talk at 3-2.

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak would be harder to replace than you think. He’s still better than what many teams have at QB. He’s played three very good games this season and a couple of bad ones. It’s impossible to work around Jerry, he runs the team and has total control. He’s the number one reason the Cowboys continue to spin their wheels. Players and coaches have come and gone but nothing ever changes. We see the same problems with the team every year.
Dak is a product of the OL and skill position players he’s had to work with. Darnold or Mayfield would do as well or better. Having no real hope is no excuse for not trying.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As if I could do worse. The bar isn’t real high in Dallas.
A couple of QBs that are playing for their third and fourth teams are worse than what we have. Mayfield only has a starting job because Brady retired. It won’t be long before he craps the bed in Tampa and they’re looking for a new QB.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
A couple of QBs that are playing for their third and fourth teams are worse than what we have. Mayfield only has a starting job because Brady retired. It won’t be long before he craps the bed in Tampa and they’re looking for a new QB.
Mayfield is rated higher than Dak for the year so far.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak couldn’t do any better in Tampa or on any of the teams Mayfield has had to QB. He’s been spoiled in Dallas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak couldn’t do any better in Tampa or on any of the teams Mayfield has had to QB. He’s been spoiled in Dallas.
No one knows how Dak would play in Tampa or for any of the other teams that Mayfield has played for. But we do know that Mayfield wasn’t getting it done anywhere which is why he’s bounced around the league. He was throwing his teammates under the bus in Cleveland and has no leadership skills. Cleveland thought so little of him that they traded away three first round picks for a QB that hadn’t played in about two years and was dealing with serious off the field issues. Carolina got rid of both the QBs you would rather have than Dak and drafted a QB with the number one overall pick that doesn’t even look like an NFL QB. This thread wasn’t about Dak but you’re just one of those that wants to argue about him all day. I’m ready to move on from him just like everyone else but I’m not moving on from him for a lesser QB. I’m not going to change just to change and hope for the best. I’m done discussing this.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mayfield is rated higher than Dak for the year so far.
I’m sure there were times in Cleveland where he was rated pretty high only to fall off. He led Cleveland to a playoff win in 2020. There’s still 12 games left so I wouldn’t be writing the book on Baker Mayfield just yet. His history is to play well in spurts then he becomes up and down. Highly unlikely he’s the long term answer in Tampa. Eventually what Cleveland and Carolina saw, the Buccaneers will see and they’ll be looking for a new QB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one knows how Dak would play in Tampa or for any of the other teams that Mayfield has played for. But we do know that Mayfield wasn’t getting it done anywhere which is why he’s bounced around the league. He was throwing his teammates under the bus in Cleveland and has no leadership skills. Cleveland thought so little of him that they traded away three first round picks for a QB that hadn’t played in about two years and was dealing with serious off the field issues. Carolina got rid of both the QBs you would rather have than Dak and drafted a QB with the number one overall pick that doesn’t even look like an NFL QB. This thread wasn’t about Dak but you’re just one of those that wants to argue about him all day. I’m ready to move on from him just like everyone else but I’m not moving on from him for a lesser QB. I’m not going to change just to change and hope for the best. I’m done discussing this.
And nobody knows how Mayfield or Darnold would have played in Dallas surrounded by the superior supporting cast. What we do know is that Dak isn’t good enough to win. Sticking with him for fear of getting worse is absurd and doing nothing more than preserving the mediocrity. If you’re not a contender , there is no point or chance of glory. Better to risk a change.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And nobody knows how Mayfield or Darnold would have played in Dallas surrounded by the superior supporting cast. What we do know is that Dak isn’t good enough to win. Sticking with him for fear of getting worse is absurd and doing nothing more than preserving the mediocrity. If you’re not a contender , there is no point or chance of glory. Better to risk a change.
This isn’t a Dak thread. The Cowboys haven’t won anything with their last several starting QBs dating back to Quincy Carter. For you to think you can just put a cast off QB in here who’s failed for multiple teams and it’s going to be different is ridiculous. If you’re going to take a gamble, you take one with a QB in the draft. That’s how you find a QB. You’re not going to get anywhere with a veteran journeyman.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn’t a Dak thread. The Cowboys haven’t won anything with their last several starting QBs dating back to Quincy Carter. For you to think you can just put a cast off QB in here who’s failed for multiple teams and it’s going to be different is ridiculous. If you’re going to take a gamble, you take one with a QB in the draft. That’s how you find a QB. You’re not going to get anywhere with a veteran journeyman.
The mayfield ship has sailed. He enjoying a great year in Tampa so far bc he’s surrounded by a better team. But there are guys like him every year who just need a change of scenery. Sure we can draft one too. I’m not opposed to that either. it’s clear Dak has taken this team as far as he can. Time to make a change and shift the teams cap resources.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The mayfield ship has sailed. He enjoying a great year in Tampa so far bc he’s surrounded by a better team. But there are guys like him every year who just need a change of scenery. Sure we can draft one too. I’m not opposed to that either. it’s clear Dak has taken this team as far as he can. Time to make a change and shift the teams cap resources.
You’re living in the moment, will see how you feel about him at the end of the season. There’s still 12 games to go and sooner or later he’ll crap the bed in Tampa.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re living in the moment, will see how you feel about him at the end of the season. There’s still 12 games to go and sooner or later he’ll crap the bed in Tampa.
Can’t crap it any worse than Dak against SF. :lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. I’ll be glad when I see a team with a chance.
Being 3-2 gives us a chance. Our issues are deeper than just the QB. We could’ve had Mahomes last week and we would have still gotten destroyed.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Gallup and a 6th to Denver for Jeudy. Both players need a fresh start and aren't very productive in their current situations. I think Jeudy's skillset is better suited for this scheme.

It is more than likely neither will be in the same uniform next season as well.

jay94

Reaction score
I hope not. We need to be sellers not buyers. This team need to be stockpiling picks to have any chance of closing the talent gap with SF.

Disagree, it's a long season and this team still has talent, most the time I agree with your sentiment. I get the demoralization. There is no guarantee that we will even have to play them again, I get it's likely. Also Mcaffrey will get injured at some point, and we saw what happened to them when their qbs went down.

Gallup and a 6th to Denver for Jeudy. Both players need a fresh start and aren't very productive in their current situations. I think Jeudy's skillset is better suited for this scheme.

It is more than likely neither will be in the same uniform next season as well.

In agreement, but with his contract I doubt anyone takes him up, he's horrible with separation yet again. Dak needs open targets to succeed.