Trade deadline is life or death

Potenza

Reaction score
So far I think most of us have the feeling that our Cowboys are about average to slightly above average so far. We have a 4-2 record, but those two tough losses have a lot of us concerned.

Many sources so far online saying Dallas is expected to be getting busy in this trade deadline coming up. Thats good because this is our lifeline.

With a less than stellar running game and a questionable WR crew there’s plenty of work to be done to get us over that plateau.

Who do y’all want to pick up?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There's nothing you'll get at the deadline that improves the run game.

A man-beater WR or a depth LBer is probably doable.

But the idea that the deadline is a lifeline is myth. Just being healthy is far, far more valuable than anything they could do at the deadline.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So far I think most of us have the feeling that our Cowboys are about average to slightly above average so far. We have a 4-2 record, but those two tough losses have a lot of us concerned.

Many sources so far online saying Dallas is expected to be getting busy in this trade deadline coming up. Thats good because this is our lifeline.

With a less than stellar running game and a questionable WR crew there’s plenty of work to be done to get us over that plateau.

Who do y’all want to pick up?
This starts with the offensive line. Fix that and the other issues you mention will be somewhat corrected.

If it were me, I might go for a WR and an OLman. Open holes and Pollard can feast. If someone like Jeudy was available, I would offer Gallup in his place, or on the market.

But I doubt Jethro and Little Anus will do a damn thing to improve this team.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have to agree with others. I don't think there will be a value out there that is worth the Cowboys making a trade. Maybe a blocking TE to help with the run but other than that I think they have better than they can get.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t see us giving up any draft picks in trades. We gave up a couple of picks for Cooks and a fourth rounder for Trey Lance. Jerry loves his draft picks.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I can see Dallas going after Davante Adams. Only because, Gallup hasn't played to his contract.

The last game was so close, his drops could have been the difference in loss.

If post season comes, you need sure hands out there.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That’ll likely cost you multiple 1s
I doubt the Cowboys do it, but he is a guy I wouldn't hesitate to give up 2 1st rounders plus a couple lesser pieces for. He makes this secondary elite againfor 2023 and a Diggs/Surtain/Bland trio in 2024 is maybe the best you'll ever see.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I could another Hankins type of deadline move. One that moves the team forward a small bit and costs a late round pick. I'm skeptical that Jerry makes a splash move though.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys go "all Rams" and give up their draft next year how can they make a trade anyway?

They are already down to four picks next year- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th round.

4th went to SF for Trey Lance
5th went to KC to complete the draft trade up for (wait for it) Eric Scott
6th went to Houston to complete the Brandon Cooks trade