Trade deadline is life or death

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yup.....it's too bad that you are enjoying it. Can't even root for your, so called, team. If we lose, at least some of you guys will be happy. Now, get back to class. You don't want to get detention.
I want to find solutions and I hope we see a few changes coming out of the bye week.
I believe a few more plays will be added. this running game has to improve and it will when we begin to introduce passing options out of the backfield like Pollard on the long catch and run.
That just opens up so many options now off that lone play.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to find solutions and I hope we see a few changes coming out of the bye week.
I believe a few more plays will be added. this running game has to improve and it will when we begin to introduce passing options out of the backfield like Pollard on the long catch and run.
That just opens up so many options now off that lone play.
My biggest concern is the continuity on the OL. Hard to expand the playbook with the way the OL play has been going.

Flamma

Reaction score
What do the Cowboys usually do right before the trade deadline? That's what I expect them to do.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My biggest concern is the continuity on the OL. Hard to expand the playbook with the way the OL play has been going.
I'm going to be a bit patient, and give this OL a chance to come together, the big boys will come together collectively as a unit when the season gets closer to the playoffs.
Crazy how long it takes those big boys on the OL to start playing and gelling.
When I look across the landscape and compare OLs this Cowboy OL is upper tier, just watch how the unit starts coming together after the bye.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
At $940K this year and $1M salary + $2.5 roster bonus next year and a 5th year option the year after in our pocket, I'd say he would be worth two 1's for sure. Contract is a huge part of what determines a players value. He was a 1st team All Pro last year and is only 23 y/o. Problem is it would only be giving Denver a late 1st both years (most likely) so I doubt they do it.
What did they trade Chubb for?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Derrick Henry rental makes a lot of sense.

He fits the mold of what Mike McCarthy wants this offense to be, ground & pound, TOP, complimentary of the defense.

Yes, and, with the RB market, I could see us giving a mid round pick. Heck, I'd be open to using our 2nd round pick, considering how those usually fair.