Trade deadline is life or death

eromeopolk

Reaction score
So far I think most of us have the feeling that our Cowboys are about average to slightly above average so far. We have a 4-2 record, but those two tough losses have a lot of us concerned.

Many sources so far online saying Dallas is expected to be getting busy in this trade deadline coming up. Thats good because this is our lifeline.

With a less than stellar running game and a questionable WR crew there’s plenty of work to be done to get us over that plateau.

Who do y’all want to pick up?
If you are waiting for Jerry Dumbo GM Jones to be blessed with another Amari Cooper trade, go look at what occurred before and after. Life or Death...You gonna need 100 black coffins.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys go "all Rams" and give up their draft next year how can they make a trade anyway?

They are already down to four picks next year- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th round.

4th went to SF for Trey Lance
5th went to KC to complete the draft trade up for (wait for it) Eric Scott
6th went to Houston to complete the Brandon Cooks trade
That's freaking depressing

rambo2

Reaction score
So far I think most of us have the feeling that our Cowboys are about average to slightly above average so far. We have a 4-2 record, but those two tough losses have a lot of us concerned.

Many sources so far online saying Dallas is expected to be getting busy in this trade deadline coming up. Thats good because this is our lifeline.

With a less than stellar running game and a questionable WR crew there’s plenty of work to be done to get us over that plateau.

Since when are the receivers questionable?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If it's life or death, you might as well say your good-byes now because the Jones Boys are notoriously slow on moves like this with Stephen taking over. Best you can hope for is wildcatter Jerry bring back some of his old juices (which I'm not sure I miss either) to the phones. You never know, that Trey Lance move probably has the old man feeling saucy again.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Oh no doubt he’s not great. But he is reliable and I feel the TEs are a year away from taking that next step
I don't see much difference between him and the guys we have. I don't see the upgrade

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I don't think we have a player issue. we have an offensive scheme issue. the only trade should be on the defensive side as we are still suspect to run. pass rush without Parsons is iffy

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Future vs. Present. Trading away your picks benefits the current season, but harms your future. It's a seductive idea, but is this team one player away from the promised land? Those draft picks represent young players who are CHEAP, and for years to come. This is how you beat the cap.

erod

Reaction score

NFL midseason trades are rare. Very different than other sports.

LysleE

Reaction score
The Dallas FO shops the bargain bin for FAs, so there is no way they are going to part with draft picks to make a trade for anybody.

That second round pick on a TE instead of OL is hurting Dallas; so no need to get another RB given the state of the run game and shaky, inconsistent OL play.

Need a LB who is a thumper and plays the run like a fiend; hoping that the LB Dallas picked up as FA will get some playing time next week. Dallas needs a physical presence at the LB level like SF possesses. I also think the loss of LVE is understated as he was calling the defensive plays and adjustments and getting everybody lined up.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Dallas FO shops the bargain bin for FAs, so there is no way they are going to part with draft picks to make a trade for anybody.

That second round pick on a TE instead of OL is hurting Dallas; so no need to get another RB given the state of the run game and shaky, inconsistent OL play.

Need a LB who is a thumper and plays the run like a fiend; hoping that the LB Dallas picked up as FA will get some playing time next week. Dallas needs a physical presence at the LB level like SF possesses. I also think the loss of LVE is understated as he was calling the defensive plays and adjustments and getting everybody lined up.
We got one in Evans. Can’t imagine he fell off that much in a season as he played 17 games last year with a career high in tackles

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys go "all Rams" and give up their draft next year how can they make a trade anyway?

They are already down to four picks next year- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th round.

4th went to SF for Trey Lance
5th went to KC to complete the draft trade up for (wait for it) Eric Scott
6th went to Houston to complete the Brandon Cooks trade
And its a terrible year to be down draft picks, since the draft is so stacked.