Trade deadline is life or death

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless the Cowboys go "all Rams" and give up their draft next year how can they make a trade anyway?

They are already down to four picks next year- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th round.

4th went to SF for Trey Lance
5th went to KC to complete the draft trade up for (wait for it) Eric Scott
6th went to Houston to complete the Brandon Cooks trade
I think we get a 6th from Houston this year. As our pick last year went to them.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Fans said that this summer and somehow we end up with Gilmore and Cooks......
Summer is different than in season.....don't forget Trey Lance trade. Dallas said numerous times over the years that they prefer to make trades in the offseason..

starfan1

Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys go "all Rams" and give up their draft next year how can they make a trade anyway?

we ought to have a comp pick in there somewhere I would think.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So far I think most of us have the feeling that our Cowboys are about average to slightly above average so far. We have a 4-2 record, but those two tough losses have a lot of us concerned.

Many sources so far online saying Dallas is expected to be getting busy in this trade deadline coming up. Thats good because this is our lifeline.

With a less than stellar running game and a questionable WR crew there’s plenty of work to be done to get us over that plateau.

Who do y’all want to pick up?
We are a small step above the Bolts and this will be confirmed in our upcoming games.
Wildcard and out..............

Potenza

Reaction score

I guess F/A may be their best bet

LysleE

Reaction score
We got one in Evans. Can’t imagine he fell off that much in a season as he played 17 games last year with a career high in tackles
Yes! That’s the LB to which I was referring. I am hoping he can help…can’t hurt.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I CAN ONLY WISH FOR SURTAIN.
That’ll likely cost you multiple 1s
At $940K this year and $1M salary + $2.5 roster bonus next year and a 5th year option the year after in our pocket, I'd say he would be worth two 1's for sure. Contract is a huge part of what determines a players value. He was a 1st team All Pro last year and is only 23 y/o. Problem is it would only be giving Denver a late 1st both years (most likely) so I doubt they do it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Considering the going rate of compensation for players with larger contracts, I have no idea how you give up a 5th for Eric Scott.

I truly do not.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are a small step above the Bolts and this will be confirmed in our upcoming games.
Wildcard and out..............
Yup.....it's too bad that you are enjoying it. Can't even root for your, so called, team. If we lose, at least some of you guys will be happy. Now, get back to class. You don't want to get detention.

StarLord

Reaction score
We're on the outside looking in. We're not a single trade away. We should be saving or acquiring picks.

For the first time in long time, I let myself buy in. I thought this could be the year.. it's not, and if it is, we'll luck into with what we have. Maybe we can Giants our way there, but if that's the case, we don't need to spend any more picks to do that.