Trade Discussion rumors: Earl Thomas to Cowboys

Xelda

Reaction score
If we can expect this mob mentality through out the draft, we're in for a very long draft.

Verdict

Reaction score
Usually things start out with a rumor and are later confirmed. I'm not sure why everyone gets their panties all in a bunch as long as someone says they are hearing a rumor and not just spewing knowingly false info.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys make this trade, the smart play would be to trade down from #19 to get another team's lower first round and second round pick. That way, it would be a few spots rather than picks traded for a starting safety.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LMAO at the march on the castle with pitchforks, torches and scythes and that last one would be my choice. The poster just signed in and put that up, think he cares about getting banned?

Y'all need to back off and cool down, you are just wound too tight and overreacting.

Source? Source? Source ? Source? Source? Source? LMAO, this is too funny. Ban him! Ban him for life! Ban him, kill him, resurrect him and ban him again!

giphy.gif

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If the Cowboys make this trade, the smart play would be to trade down from #19 to get another team's lower first round and second round pick. That way, it would be a few spots rather than picks traded for a starting safety.

if someone wants up to 19 they can just go to 18 and give seattle the picks directly. Then seattle keeps thomas and gains picks.

This is just a bad setup for Dallas. Seattle is the one compromised but in a few hours I have a bad feeling this front office is going to blow it yet again chasing a defensive player.

Verdict

Reaction score
I have immense power, but I'm a beneficent overlord. I don't want you guys seeing me banning fools and then getting stressed out that you might be next.

Though, seriously, you might be next. Watch your back.

People get so out of whack asking a moderator to put them in a safe zone. You guys do a very good job. People just need to stop being so sensitive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually things start out with a rumor and are later confirmed. I'm not sure why everyone gets their panties all in a bunch as long as someone says they are hearing a rumor and not just spewing knowingly false info.

Many times rumors are proven false too. I think the uproar is because the OP didn't call it a rumor. He presented it as fact.

Verdict

Reaction score
if someone wants up to 19 they can just go to 18 and give seattle the picks directly. Then seattle keeps thomas and gains picks.

This is just a bad setup for Dallas. Seattle is the one compromised but in a few hours I have a bad feeling this front office is going to blow it yet again chasing a defensive player.

Agreed. It would be IDIOTIC to give up a second or a third and pay Thomas. A second and the team literally got "violated".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With this draft being in Dallas and after cutting Dez you know the Cowboys want to make a big splash so If this trade goes down it won’t surprise me. Just hope it’s not for our number two.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think you understood what I was saying. I'm saying *IF* the trade with Seattle is completed (meaning AFTER), the the smart play would be for the Cowboys to trade down from #19 and pick up the other team's lower first round pick and second round pick. That way, the net cost of the two trades would be a few spots traded for a starting safety.

Of course any lower pick team could trade with any higher pick team, but many higher pick teams would not want to make that trade. For the Cowboys, they could view it as they just got a starting safety so it would be more worthwhile for them.