Trade Discussion rumors: Earl Thomas to Cowboys

Reaction score
LMAO at the march on the castle with pitchforks, torches and scythes and that last one would be my choice. The poster just signed in and put that up, think he cares about getting banned?

Y'all need to back off and cool down, you are just wound too tight and overreacting.

Source? Source? Source ? Source? Source? Source? LMAO, this is too funny. Ban him! Ban him for life! Ban him, kill him, resurrect him and ban him again!
These guys are reminding me of the Taliban

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If the Cowboys make this trade, the smart play would be to trade down from #19 to get another team's lower first round and second round pick. That way, it would be a few spots rather than picks traded for a starting safety.

I agree, and I hope we do trade down.

Verdict

Reaction score
Many times rumors are proven false too. I think the uproar is because the OP didn't call it a rumor. He presented it as fact.

Ok. But damn. It's not like he just shot anyone's first born child. Maybe he is trolling. Who knows. But unless he is an eagles Fan or whatever I guess I don't see why everyone is falling all over themselves over it.

Maybe it will be true and maybe not. Hell the Cowboys even start rumors this time of year intentionally. This board needs to toughen up emotionally a little bit.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think you understood what I was saying. I'm saying *IF* the trade with Seattle is completed (meaning AFTER), the the smart play would be for the Cowboys to trade down from #19 and pick up the other team's lower first round pick and second round pick. That way, the net cost of the two trades would be a few spots traded for a starting safety.

Of course any lower pick team could trade with any higher pick team, but many higher pick teams would not want to make that trade. For the Cowboys, they could view it as they just got a starting safety so it would be more worthwhile for them.

Yep, I can absolutely see that scenario happening if this trade goes down this way.

Verdict

Reaction score
Now I want to ban you for kissing my ***.

I won't, because I'm beneficent. But I want to.

Wouldn't ever do that. But I do give credit where credit is due. There is a significant difference.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't think you understood what I was saying. I'm saying *IF* the trade with Seattle is completed (meaning AFTER), the the smart play would be for the Cowboys to trade down from #19 and pick up the other team's lower first round pick and second round pick. That way, the net cost of the two trades would be a few spots traded for a starting safety.

Of course any lower pick team could trade with any higher pick team, but many would not want to make that trade. For the Cowboys, they could view it as they just got a starting safety so it would be more worthwhile for them.

No way Dallas can actually make this trade before they pick at 19 or until they are on the clock though. That would be like taking a bad situation and making it five times worse.

they have to know what is available at 19 before they can do anything on this front. And as far as Dallas moving back in this situation what I said before applies, anyone that is willing to move up will most likely give up a 3 and a 5 or next years 2 or something of that nature so they could just do it with seattle who I imagine is really eager to make this type of deal.

Dallas giving up 50 for thomas before the draft even starts and then watching seattle steal their trading partner away and seattle getting more picks and Dallas being stuck at 19 would be the worst situation possible.

Verdict

Reaction score
Can you tell Reality that because I'm in a contract year. Thanks in advance.

In all seriousness you guys do a good job of letting discussion occur without an iron first. But when things go way in the ditch over race or whatever you guys cut that off as soon as you see it. That's about as good as you are going to get on a message board.

Jipper

Reaction score
No way Dallas can actually make this trade before they pick at 19 or until they are on the clock though. That would be like taking a bad situation and making it five times worse.

they have to know what is available at 19 before they can do anything on this front. And as far as Dallas moving back in this situation what I said before applies, anyone that is willing to move up will most likely give up a 3 and a 5 or next years 2 or something of that nature so they could just do it with seattle who I imagine is really eager to make this type of deal.

Dallas giving up 50 for thomas before the draft even starts and then watching seattle steal their trading partner away and seattle getting more picks and Dallas being stuck at 19 would be the worst situation possible.

Exaclty. .no reason to do anything today except to make news and generate headlinea...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now I want to ban you for kissing my ***.

I won't, because I'm beneficent. But I want to.

If you won't ban him for kissing your ***, ban him for making the rest of us watch him kiss your ***. If you are so beneficent you will consider the greater good.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’m just saying... if I would have started this thread with that Initial post, I would expect to be banned.

To be fair, that is in large part because all of the mods are super jealous of me though. Particularly Idgit. Super duper jealous.
Me too... I admit.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If they are giving up a 2, trade it for a younger cheaper player like James. It is not that complicated.

Verdict

Reaction score
If you won't ban him for kissing your ***, ban him for making the rest of us watch him kiss your ***. If you are so beneficent you will consider the greater good.

Lol. Smh. Whatever.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. But damn. It's not like he just shot anyone's first born child. Maybe he is trolling. Who knows. But unless he is an eagles Fan or whatever I guess I don't see why everyone is falling all over themselves over it.

Maybe it will be true and maybe not. Hell the Cowboys even start rumors this time of year intentionally. This board needs to toughen up emotionally a little bit.

Fair enough. I can think of a few first born children that I'm not so fond of though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, but I figured you guys thought that was kinda hot.

You're welcome.