Trade for a RB or wait for a re-tread?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Should we be trying to trade for a decent RB or just sit tight and see who gets cut? I know at this point the FO is probably just content to see who gets cut before they do something but I disagree. I'd rather have the guy here taking reps with our guys and learning our system before the season starts.

I think there are so many teams desperate for O-line help that we could probably land a decent RB for one of our bench guys like Ball, Waletzko, Thomas or Bass.

Would you pull the trigger or wait for a cast off?
No way.

This season we are going nowhere. The goal is to free up as much of cap.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
you could cut every RB on the roster, i wouldn’t care…and sign 3 of them after cut downs and wouldn’t lose anything
Wow. Never thought of it that way. But you're right. The ONLY skill I think they would miss and may find harder to replace is Zeke's experience in pass-pro.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's possible that you are entirely wrong in your assessment depending how Zeke does. Rico, Freeman, and Deuce are fine. They can run behind our line and catch the ball out of the backfield.
Eeeeek. Fine if winning isn't your thing.

Cmac

Reaction score
No confidence in Jerry at all when Derrick Henry didn't warrant at least a phone call.

Proof

Reaction score
No confidence in Jerry at all when Derrick Henry didn't warrant at least a phone call.
this is really inexcusable. even with all the extra uncertainty around this season, and all the roster turnover, bringing in Henry would have really had me optimistic.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Should we be trying to trade for a decent RB or just sit tight and see who gets cut? I know at this point the FO is probably just content to see who gets cut before they do something but I disagree. I'd rather have the guy here taking reps with our guys and learning our system before the season starts.

I think there are so many teams desperate for O-line help that we could probably land a decent RB for one of our bench guys like Ball, Waletzko, Thomas or Bass.

Would you pull the trigger or wait for a cast off?
Or wait for the draft. We have a deep RB class next year.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
The more I've been thinking about it, maybe they are thinking about a re-tread... of 2016, where they have an already dominant O-Line THEN bring in the RB. Maybe they know not every season is a winner but it doesn't have to be a bust. Maybe these guys are smarter than we think they are... Just spit-balling.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He didn't warrant a phone call because he was asking for too much money.

Henry could have asked for half as much and it still would have been too much.
Too much money. Meanwhile we are paying $5.3M for a QB that will most likely not play a single down.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
this is really inexcusable. even with all the extra uncertainty around this season, and all the roster turnover, bringing in Henry would have really had me optimistic.
If the Cowboys showed an interest in Henry and he signed elsewhere it would, in fans’ eyes, mean Jerry was outbid for Henry because he’s cheap, or Henry simply did not want to play for Jerry’s team. That’s bad for Jerry’s reputation either way.