Trade Gallup

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Why would anyone do this???

Cooper is the better WR. He's the best finesse WR in the game period. Probably taking the crown from Larry Fitzgerald.

Finesse WRs can have longer careers. Cooper has way more value to the Cowboys.

Hence why, by your own words that "Cooper is a better WR", you trade Cooper to get back a bigger return......but this whole thread is silly so no sense at all.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gallup adds a element to this offense that idk lamb can provide...toe drag swag
He also provides us with a market value no one else can - at least a 1st rounder.

What if the Eagles bite?

We end up with 2 top 10 picks?

Our defense can be transformed in one off-season.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
If he wants to save Wentz' career, he needs a true #1 WR.

Gallup is likely the only one that could possibly trade hands before the trade deadline....

This is the exact same situation as the Cowboys trade for Cooper.
Philly just drafted Jalen Reagor in the first round, and you think they would give up their #1 next season for another WR??? They have as many holes on their team as we do. they aren't a WR away from being a legit contender. It's just not happening.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hence why, by your own words that "Cooper is a better WR", you trade Cooper to get back a bigger return......but this whole thread is silly so no sense at all.
That's not how the market works in sports, or stocks.

Market value does not equal fair value, ever.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Hell to the no!!!!!!! I thought we ALL agreed in here that Gallup is our most consistent Big Play producer we have on offense, and he was indispensable. Come on, man!!!!

Sully

Reaction score
Rehashing
more of the same.....

What makes the Patriots good for so so long is that they trade away a players one year EARLY, in order to get value back. So they keep getting youth on their team, while not getting into salary cap crisis. And to add, they also draft well-enough with they many draft picks. Don't hit on all of them, but enough to keep their franchise one of the better ones. They don't fall for the superstars to sell jerseys. They love winning more than popularity of a certain player.

The culture set in Dallas for decades--plural, is being POPULAR/FAMOUS outweighs winning. And this is no more obvious than with the general mgr. This franchise has been .500 (ish) for going on 3 decades. The franchise has a .500 (ish) record within their own home since it has open. Only constant for the mediocre 3 decades performance is the GM. Blame coaches, players, etc, etc. etc. Until the CULTURE changes, doesn't matter who walks the sideline or plays on the field.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hell to the no!!!!!!! I thought we ALL agreed in here that Gallup is our most consistent Big Play producer we have on offense, and he was indispensable. Come on, man!!!!
Yet we can't afford to keep both him and Cooper.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Rehashing
more of the same.....

What makes the Patriots good for so so long is that they trade away a players one year EARLY, in order to get value back. So they keep getting youth on their team, while not getting into salary cap crisis. And to add, they also draft well-enough with they many draft picks. Don't hit on all of them, but enough to keep their franchise one of the better ones. They don't fall for the superstars to sell jerseys. They love winning more than popularity of a certain player.

The culture set in Dallas for decades--plural, is being POPULAR/FAMOUS outweighs winning. And this is no more obvious than with the general mgr. This franchise has been .500 (ish) for going on 3 decades. The franchise has a .500 (ish) record within their own home since it has open. Only constant for the mediocre 3 decades performance is the GM. Blame coaches, players, etc, etc. etc. Until the CULTURE changes, doesn't matter who walks the sideline or plays on the field.
This is an argument strongly in favor of trading Gallup...

and I agree with it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Rehashing
more of the same.....

They also have the benefit of playing the dolphins 2 times and jets 2 times a season

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s just what Dallas needs to do... Trade a cheap, great, young (non-diva) deep threat WR to their primary division foe at Philly’s weakest position.

Jesus...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s just what Dallas needs to do... Trade a great, young (non-diva) deep threat WR to their primary division foe at Philly’s weakest position.

Jesus...
Or as discussed in-depth in the thread you clearly skimmed - to the Patriots or Texans, but yes, trade a great player in Gallup that we can not afford to keep, in order to fetch a first round pick we desperately need.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
For the next few years.......Lawrence, Jaylon and Amari aren't going anywhere. Zeke as well. The salary cap hit will be to extreme. They are Cowboys.

If we trade Them - in my statement it was Cooper - then you trade the contract, no hit to the cap. I wouldn't cut him. But I would see if I could some value for him in a trade.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Yet we can't afford to keep both him and Cooper.

Then trade bad-body-language, goes-missing-in-the-big-games-too-often, lackadaisical, is-subbed-out-way-too-often-on-key-downs Coop.

Not Big Play, toe-drag-expert, the-go-to-guy-when-the-game-is-on-the-line Gallup.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
If we trade Them - in my statement it was Cooper - then you trade the contract, no hit to the cap. I wouldn't cut him. But I would see if I could some value for him in a trade.

Definitely don't cut Coop, but I'd privately shop him...and I stress privately