Trade in the works?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Mods please delelete if this has been posted before.

I read this on another board but I was wondering if anyone would take this trade.
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have a deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

JBS

Reaction score
thats a boatload of picks for 1 player

especially a WR

VThokie7

Reaction score
Bigdog;4518765 said:
Mods please delelte if this has been polsted before.

I read this on another board but I was wondering if anyone would take this trade.
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

If Barron wasn't there i'd take that trade. They could do some real damage with 22, 37, 45, and then 3 4th's.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a trade in the works for a 1st next year from Cleveland. Good chance of them having a top 15 pick next year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd have to really like the player at 14 a lot to turn down that trade.

Bigdog

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4518773 said:
thats a boatload of picks for 1 player

especially a WR

That it is what I thought but maybe SDogo or Hos has some info on this. If it is true, (highly doubt it) I would do it. It also said that the Cowboys are believed t d the trade if DeCastro and Barron are off the board. I would do it evenif they are on the board.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Um, if that is true I'd trade the pick right this second. I thought Cleveland fleeced Atlanta last year, who gave up way to much to get Julio Jones when they needed defensive help. If Cleveland wants to give us all of those picks, I'll gladly accept them and have 3 picks in the top 45

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bigdog;4518790 said:
That it is what I thought but maybe SDogo or Hos has some info on this. If it is true, (highly doubt it) I would do it. It also said that the Cowboys are believed t d the trade if DeCastro and Barron are off the board. I would do it evenif they are on the board.

I always thought Cleveland along with Tennessee were the two most likely trade partners if we were going to trade down but I have heard nothing about this and to be honest, it seems too rich or to good to be true if you will.

tar_heel16

Reaction score
The only way I even consider turning down that deal is if Fletcher Cox is still on the board.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Bigdog;4518765 said:
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have a deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

:eek:hboy: Please let this be true.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
tar_heel16;4518807 said:
The only way I even consider turning down that deal is if Fletcher Cox is still on the board.

I like Fletcher Cox but I'll take 3 players in the top 45 over him any day. I think we could address a lot of holes with that.

Bigdog

Reaction score
SDogo;4518799 said:
I always thought Cleveland along with Tennessee were the two most likely trade partners if we were going to trade down but I have heard nothing about this and to be honest, it seems too rich or to good to be true if you will.

I believe you are right, it is to good be true and since you haven't heard anything with your sources(by the way, thank you for posting all of your info), then that settles it.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
We would miss out on Barron. It's almost a certainty that we would target Harrison Smith with one of those picks. We need a safety...bad.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Muhast;4518816 said:
I like Fletcher Cox but I'll take 3 players in the top 45 over him any day. I think we could address a lot of holes with that.

It wouldn't be just Cox compared to three players. It would be Cox and the #45 that you would be comparing your three players to.

I would definitely take the trade down too.

Aven8

Reaction score
Unless Luck falls to 14, you take this deal and run. The plane should already be on its way to the dog pound to sign the deal. Announce it on Thursday night.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Wow that sure is alot of picks. If barron or cox is gone I'd do that trade.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke;4518826 said:
It wouldn't be just Cox compared to three players. It would be Cox and the #45 that you would be comparing your three players to.

I would definitely take the trade down too.

You'd be comparing Cox to the #22 and #37 pick.

If Cox, who I believe the Cowboys have as a top 10 player, falls to #14, I don't think you should pass on an elite talent to get two good talents.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
man I don't care if Fletcher Cox was there, I'd take that. 22 could be Mercilus or Konz, 37 Zeitler?? Man that would be awesome.