Trade in the works?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
JBell523;4518835 said:
You'd be comparing Cox to the #22 and #37 pick.

If Cox, who I believe the Cowboys have as a top 10 player, falls to #14, I don't think you should pass on an elite talent to get two good talents.

Cox or Konz/Zeitler?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Please just stay put and pick BPA. Nothing about recent history suggests the Cowboys can put those picks to good use.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Bigdog;4518765 said:
Mods please delelete if this has been posted before.

I read this on another board but I was wondering if anyone would take this trade.
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have a deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

im sorry but i cant believe Cleveland would offer all that without a player exchange ie. Felix or something. or a swap of one of our picks,

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Aven8;4518829 said:
Unless Luck falls to 14, you take this deal and run. The plane should already be on its way to the dog pound to sign the deal. Announce it on Thursday night.

IF this is true...and it's a big IF...it would only be on the table IF the player that Cleveland wanted was still available at #14. So no way to do it ahead of time other than verbally.

That said, I've been hearing the love for Floyd coming out of Cleveland for a couple of weeks now, and that they have him rated higher than Blackmon. As such, I've projected them as potential trade down partners IF he's still available.

I hadn't heard anything about a trade with Dallas in particular, though, so could be that Cleveland is just sniffing out possible trade partners for when the clock is actually ticking. That's a whole lot to offer, though. From a trade value chart perspective, the #22 and #37 alone would be significantly more than the point difference. Throwing in two more picks as well just seems unlikely.

I think the 'Boys would be hard-pressed not to take that deal, IF it were available.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
casmith07;4518837 said:
man I don't care if Fletcher Cox was there, I'd take that. 22 could be Mercilus or Konz, 37 Zeitler?? Man that would be awesome.

No way they're going to take interior O-linemen in both the first and second rounds. Just not happenin'.

One or the other, sure. But not both.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Wulfman;4518853 said:
No way they're going to take interior O-linemen in the first and second rounds. Just not happenin'.

Would you take Mercilus and Zeitler over Cox?

I would. I know some may not, but I'd have no problem with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
texbumthelife;4518839 said:
Please just stay put and pick BPA. Nothing about recent history suggests the Cowboys can put those picks to good use.

Ain't that the sad truth!

DFWJC

Reaction score
StarHead69;4518780 said:
22,37,118 and 211 ... :eek: all that for #14?

sign me up!
:laugh2: Exactly

ZERO chance that Holmgren is that big of a fool.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Bigdog;4518765 said:
Mods please delelete if this has been posted before.

I read this on another board but I was wondering if anyone would take this trade.
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have a deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

For the sake of getting myself too pumped up for this, I want to see what kind of draft we could potentially have if this trade went through. Using SDogo's Board and selecting players only at, or below their rankings, I came up with a Mock Draft that looks like this:

#22 - Whitney Mercilus
#37 - Peter Konz
#45 - Harrison Smith
#81 - Josh Chapman
#113 - Josh Norman
#118 - LaDarius Green

I like it.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
casmith07;4518838 said:
Cox or Konz/Zeitler?
That's tough... You patch the up the O-line nicely with the latter, but players like Cox are so rare that I'd stick with him.

I think we can get a starting caliber G and/or C in the middle rounds.. I don't see another Cox.

Plus, passing on Cox would almost certainly mean he'd be an Eagle at 15 :banghead:

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Muhast;4518854 said:
Would you take Mercilus and Zeitler over Cox?

I would. I know some may not, but I'd have no problem with it.

No...but make it McClellan and Zeitler and I may be on board...although I'm not as in love with Zeitler as some folks. I'd be more inclined to take the best DE still available at #37 and then take best G/C available at #45 unless a high caliber CB or Harrison Smith were available.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Wulfman;4518853 said:
No way they're going to take interior O-linemen in both the first and second rounds. Just not happenin'.

One or the other, sure. But not both.

A man can dream...:(

funkytown

Reaction score
Lets make that trade. Yesterday.

22: Coby Fleener
37: Chandler Jones
45: Amini Silatolu
81: Brandon Boykin
113:Ryan Broyles
118:Josh Norman
135:phillip Blake
152:Jake Bequette
186:Hebron Fangupo
211:Terrance Ganaway
222:Jerry Franklin

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
JBell523;4518859 said:
That's tough... You patch the up the O-line nicely with the latter, but players like Cox are so rare that I'd stick with him.

I think we can get a starting caliber G and/or C in the middle rounds.. I don't see another Cox.

Plus, passing on Cox would almost certainly mean he'd be an Eagle at 15 :banghead:

I really would like to have a pass rush that completely bails out the rest of the defense like the Giants, though.

And it would be even better since our DBs are actually looking to be pretty good, unlike in NY.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
funkytown;4518870 said:

How about Mercilus at 22, Zeitler 37 Orson Charles 45. The rest of your mock I'm perfect with.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
funkytown;4518870 said:

Man, if the Cowboys were to trade down to #22 and then take Coby Fleener, we'd be able to hear Bill Jones' head swell all over the country. That's what he mentioned as his dream mock on Talkin' Cowboys this week.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm gonna call bogus on that trade rumor........that or sheer idiocy in Cleveland.

Looking at the chart of charts.

They'd essentially be giving up an excess amount equal to Dallas 2nd round pick in order to move up 8 spots.