Trade in the works?

Brian_C82

Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on the Plains Dealer website. Sounds like an unfounded rumor.

hra8700

Reaction score
Obviously I would take that in a heart beat. But even without a trade down, I think 14 is a great spot to pick, actually.

There are 7 players everyone agrees will be picked in the top 10:

Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne, Blackmon, Tannehill.

There are then only 10 other players that are ever listed as top 10 in a mock, and all of them are occasionally mocked as dropping below 14.

Floyd, Cox, Decastro, Barron, Poe, Rieff, Kuechly, Coples, Ingram, Brockers.

That, to me, means that they're all together in one very large tier. Obviously some (Cox) are much better than others, but I would still call it one tier.

Of these, the only picks I would not be happy with are Rieff, Floyd, and Poe. The first two, because of positional value, the last because he's the only one rated this highly without good tape.

That leaves 7 other picks. That means no matter what happens, no matter the disaster scenario, we get a second tiered player.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bigdog;4518765 said:
Mods please delelete if this has been posted before.

I read this on another board but I was wondering if anyone would take this trade.
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have a deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

Without reading the rest of the thread, I'm probably covering old ground here, but that sounds like a lot for the Browns to give up... 22 and 37 alone would be fair according to the old draft trade value chart...

I wouldn't make this trade until the Boys are on the clock at 14, but if their favorite targets for that pick are off the board (which could happen), then by all means, take that deal...

rwalters31

Reaction score
Bigdog;4518765 said:
Mods please delelete if this has been posted before.

I read this on another board but I was wondering if anyone would take this trade.
According to the Cleveland Plaon Dealer, the Cowboys and Browns have a deal in place if two of the players the Browns covet are there at #14. The Cowboys would receive 22,37,118 and 211 for 14. They said that Holgrem covets Floyd from ND.

Man, what have you been smoking!! This must be a troll as this is a ploy to derail!!

NO D*&%$ way do we give #14 away. This smacks of the time Jerry traded and got ~14 picks and none ever worked out.

Just say NO!!!!:mad:

Rockytop6

Reaction score
tm1119;4518811 said:
Id do that trade regardless who is on the board

Amen, amen and amen! There are too many good players available when those picks would come up.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Muhast;4518816 said:
I like Fletcher Cox but I'll take 3 players in the top 45 over him any day. I think we could address a lot of holes with that.

22 - Shea McLellin or Whitney Mercilus
37 - Peter Konz
45 - Harrison Smith

Versus Barron, DeCastro, or Cox @ 14..................I could live with that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brian_C82;4519015 said:
I couldn't find anything on the Plains Dealer website. Sounds like an unfounded rumor.

I assumed it was.

Why would either team float out specific details of a trade possibility? Makes no sense.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brian_C82;4519015 said:

I can't imagine they would be willing to give up that much, but stranger things have happened.

FWIW, I ain't buyin' it.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
That trade would tell you two things, 1) the trade chart is going to have less value going forward because of lowered rookie contracts and 2) Floyd is alot higher than 14 on Cleveland's board and probably alot of others

If they are overpaying us, they would likely overpay Seattle and I think Seattle would take a similar deal too and not have to worry about Arizona.

A buyer should be willing to pay what their value is of the targeted player is, not what a chart says a pick should be.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see a possible trade...I could not see a trade with Cleveland giving up that many picks and I think most here really do not believe it would happen no matter how much we would like it to happen...not for that number of picks and a clear overwhelming one sided advantage for dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I could see them doing that for Tannehill but not Michael Floyd.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
casmith07;4518838 said:
Cox or Konz/Zeitler?

Even though it would be including our second round pick, it could be Konz/Zeitler/Crick. I would be all for that. Talk about addressing the trenches.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EGG;4519172 said:
5 pages and counting for some BS rumor dragged in off another board.

People just wasting time until the draft starts.

I wish the thing would hurry up but until then we occupy ourselves with silly rumors, speculations and other draft talk that will be meaningless after the draft is over.

:eek::

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would make this trade with no hesitation however I have a feeling this is a false rumor. I could not see Mike Holmgren being on board for this trade

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4519179 said:
People just wasting time until the draft starts.

I wish the thing would hurry up but until then we occupy ourselves with silly rumors, speculations and other draft talk that will be meaningless after the draft is over.

:eek::

Oh, there's always someone ready to do that, I thought there was a rule in effect regarding unsubstantiated rumors pulled off of another message board

DFWJC

Reaction score
This trade is so far out of balance, it's embarrassing that anyone is giving it any cred.
You ever notice how rumors (or mock drafts) on this board always have any lobsided trade going our favor? Now, in the last 15 years can you ever recall this actually happening? This is the 14th pick, not the 1st overall.

Come on guys and gals, step back and give this 20 seconds of reasonable thought.

Ok...take a deep breath and step away from the thread. :)

Mash

Reaction score
It will never happen

Holgrem would be a idiot

What would be funny tho......I could easily see Jerry getting bashed for this trade... :)