Trade option w Det is real

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes.. Getting pressure.. The part you could see on TV.

What you didn’t see on TV was the deep zones.

No, I said players as well.

You said it had NOTHING to do with good players. You just contradicted yourself.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, I said players as well.

You said it had NOTHING to do with good players. You just contradicted yourself.

Lol yeah I really contradicted myself when I said I value pass rushers.

You can’t even remember one post to the next in the same thread and then you attempt to go even further back in time to remember people’s opinions.

Why do I even bother blessing you with my football knowledge.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don’t think the corner value is there at #10. I could see maybe a small trade up in a later round but if they traded up from #10 or traded to get back in to the first to get a corner, I think it would be a mistake.
I agree that cb is not a valua at 10
That's why I suggest a trade back, than take a cb
Around 15?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree. If you drop down a little bit, CB might line up with BPA on the trade down. I just don’t personally see the value of CB at #10.

I think we're going to get stuck and i'm ok with Surtain or Horn at 10.

I don't view it as a very impactful pick but who knows.

I can be sold on trading down and collecting as many top 100 picks as possible.

Imagine dropping down a few spots, selecting Horn, and getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well.

HelioOliveira

Reaction score
I'm ok with a trade down for an extra second round. Not so much for a trade up.
If Pitts are there at 10 it's a different story, I love him so I will be happy ir we draft him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol yeah I really contradicted myself when I said I value pass rushers.

You can’t even remember one post to the next in the same thread and then you attempt to go even further back in time to remember people’s opinions.

Why do I even bother blessing you with my football knowledge.

It was more scheme than great players.

This were your EXACT words. I cut and pasted.

You laugh that you cant remember, but you should be crying.

You have ZERO football knowledge, we all laugh in your face, you have a bad memory and you are a liar.

You are the board jester. Eveyone makes fun of you and rightfully so.

garyv

Reaction score
I would imagine he meant to type if Pitts was NOT there.
Only thing that makes sense. There are only two players I could see them possibly trading up for like that...Pitts or Sewel.

Pitts I wouldn't but Sewell I would BUT I wouldn't mind trading down to around 15th and getting an extra 2nd Rounder and Jaycee Horn CB that I could be good with.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think we're going to get stuck and i'm ok with Surtain or Horn at 10.

I don't view it as a very impactful pick but who knows.

I can be sold on trading down and collecting as many top 100 picks as possible.

Imagine dropping down a few spots, selecting Horn, and getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well.

so improving the defense with one of the top positions in football and going from a scrub to Surtain at CB wont improve the defense?

Keep the dumb comments coming and I will keep kicking you around the board.

Sully

Reaction score
I’m listening to the local radio and here’s the deal 1st and 3rd to move up 3 spots. It depends who is there and if Pitts is there they won’t do it.

You don't use a Top 10 draft pick on a RB, but Dallas does. And what will Dallas do with making yet another mistake taking a TE with the Top 10. You see why Dallas can't win playoff games.

JBS

Reaction score
I’m listening to the local radio and here’s the deal 1st and 3rd to move up 3 spots. It depends who is there and if Pitts is there they won’t do it.

Did you clarify this? If Pitts is available at 7, det won't move down? Or if Pitts isn't there, Dallas won't move up?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so improving the defense with one of the top positions in football and going from a scrub to Surtain at CB wont improve the defense?

Keep the dumb comments coming and I will keep kicking you around the board.

If you barely use man, which looks like the route we are headed, then there is no need to over invest in Zone corners.

This is common knowledge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you barely use man, which looks like the route we are headed, then there is no need to over invest in Zone corners.

Sure buddy, whatever you say. So the Cowboys arent going to be using Zone anymore and we no longer need great corners?

Yet we drafted one in the 2nd round last year and just about every pundit has us taking on in the first round this year.

THE GURU HAS SPOKEN!!!

JBS

Reaction score

It doesn't seem to be common knowledge that cover 3 uses a ton of man principles for their cbs

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Did you clarify this? If Pitts is available at 7, det won't move down? Or if Pitts isn't there, Dallas won't move up?
I agree with this. @Jfconrow could you please clarify?

Were they saying that Detroit won’t make the trade if Pitts is there... or that Dallas will only make the trade if Pitts is there?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Stay at 10 and take Sewell, Slater or Surtain. If none are on the board move back and get an extra 2nd and take the best defensive player on the board.

jnday

Reaction score
It’s from a radio talking head. You actually believe some radio jock?:facepalm::muttley:
The radio jock is not the only source that has reported about Jerry’s infatuation with Pitts. I think every sports media source in the nation has reported about it. Some of them may have some inside information on likely trades and some of the info may be legit and some may be bogus.