Trade option w Det is real

Proof

Reaction score
hope you understand that the best offense last year was held to 9 points in the SB.

another way to phrase it is that the best offense in the nfl has went to the last three conference Championships, past two superbowls and won one. And the one they lost, their most important player was clearly hampered by injury, compounded with his line being destroyed.

also the actual champs had a pretty high octane offense themselves

Proof

Reaction score
I’m not really pressed on whether we miss out on pitts or not, but I find it comical that a few meaningless wins has us going from a kings ransom in trade possibilities, or staying out for a ‘generational talent we’re Infatuated with, to trading UP for a luxury pick. Wild times indeed

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not really pressed on whether we miss out on pitts or not, but I find it comical that a few meaningless wins has us going from a kings ransom in trade possibilities, or staying out for a ‘generational talent we’re Infatuated with, to trading UP for a luxury pick. Wild times indeed
Yeah. It’s amazing that the “meaningless wins” that it didn’t matter that we won them —good players can be found anywhere in the draft—to let’s give up picks to draft where we could have drafted if we had not won those meaningless games. Lol.

Personally, I think we should have maximized our draft slot, but that’s just me

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes..

If there was a pass rusher available or a rare Free Safety i'd be all for moving up for that.

Let me teach you real quick on why you shouldn't value linebackers and corners with premium picks.

NFL defenses are just about stopping big plays.. If you're trying to play man defense against the Kansas City Chiefs they will burn you.

So most teams like to sit in cover 3. (The smart teams)

So when they do this they are basically testing a QB's patience and how willing they are to just take check downs and not test the seams.

The tactic that teams use is have the corners and Free Safety play Super deep. Linebackers will even drop deep and Strong Safety will cut things off underneath.

So it doesn't take a great defender to defend this way. Especially a cornerback.

So really the only positions of value on defense is your Free Safety who needs to cover a lot of ground and your guys who can get to the Quarterback. You don't need to spend a high picks on corners/linebackers to get a guy to do this job.

What would be incredibly moronic is if you pass up on a Franchise Tackle or a rare talent like Kyle Pitts for a Corner who is going to play in zone 85% of the time.

So now FS is a premium position? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

So TE and FS are now premium positions in your laughable world and we should trade up for both of them?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So now FS is a premium position? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

So TE and FS are now premium positions in your laughable world and we should trade up for both of them?

I value a rare FS because you don't ever find guys that ballhawk. If one becomes available you better take them. Especially with how Cover 3 is taking over the league.

Which is why I was all for Dallas trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick when Miami was stupidly playing him at corner.

Pittsburgh took my advice and profit.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There is absolutely no point in moving up. None at all.
i have a hard time seeing any one player as being so superior to justify moving up. in fact, i have a hard time thinking anyone available at 10 is so absolutely essential that they are better than moving back & getting two really good players instead.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I value a rare FS because you don't ever find guys that ballhawk. If one becomes available you better take them. Especially with how Cover 3 is taking over the league.

Which is why I was all for Dallas trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick when Miami was stupidly playing him at corner.

Pittsburgh took my advice and profit.

What YOU dont understand is FS's typically dont go high so you can get great ones late in the first round and early second.

And despite what YOU think FS's are NOT premium positions in football and neither are TE's.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What YOU dont understand is FS's typically dont go high so you can get great ones late in the first round and early second.

There are very few great FS's in this league.

Like Linebackers you can find them later on.

That is why I used the word RARE.. Turn that brain on sunshine.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Minkah was some of the most impressive tape I ever studied.

It would've cost us Lamb because that's who we ended up getting.

Would you take Fitzpatrick over Lamb?

It's an interesting debate.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Flipping firsts and giving up a third is a no-brainer for a generational talent. This team doesnt just need bodies, it needs more elite talent. Pitts is a difference maker day one. A third rounder may not even make the team and probably wouldn't start.

The Cowboys even have the ammo to move back into the third if they want to if someone slides. 10 players aren't making the roster. Burn some day three pics to move back up.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Call it bad luck for the Cowboys, but I don’t think there is a defensive player at any position that offers value with the 10th pick.
I would argue Surtain does because he seems to be the one player that you plug in & you are going to get a high level of play. He may or may not become the best corner in the game but he projects to be a very good corner that you won't regret drafting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are very few great FS's in this league.

Like Linebackers you can find them later on.

That is why I used the word RARE.. Turn that brain on sunshine.

You were getting your butt handed to you in the conversation so you changed it from FS to RARE FS. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Duhhhh..........................bubububububububut I would like a RARE FS?

Yah...........a RARE FS would be great. LOL

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lets remember that Catch17 is the same guy that thought QB's Beathard and Kaaya were going to be better Pro QB's than Patrick Mahomes.

The same guy that is telling you right now that he understands the modern NFL game.
The reasoning behind his wanting an offensive player has nothing to do with modern or anything of that sort. He wants Dak to fail so bad so he can be right that he is willing to not fix the defense. He KNOWS what happens if this defense becomes a top ten unit.