Trade option w Det is real

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes.. Getting pressure.. The part you could see on TV.

What you didn’t see on TV was the deep zones Tampa played.

KC was screwed with their gameplan because Tampa was willing to let them play underneath them all night. Instead they played with their ego and took an L.
KC was screwed because Mahomes had NO TIME to throw the ball or let his receivers get open.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think we're going to get stuck and i'm ok with Surtain or Horn at 10.

I don't view it as a very impactful pick but who knows.

I can be sold on trading down and collecting as many top 100 picks as possible.

Imagine dropping down a few spots, selecting Horn, and getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well.
Go look at my draft if you can. Thats exactly what I did.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It would've cost us Lamb because that's who we ended up getting.

Would you take Fitzpatrick over Lamb?

It's an interesting debate.

but when you would have made the deal you wouldn't know it was Lamb. was Minkah worth trading a first for? yes.
now would he have made a huge difference to Cowboy results, probably not. simply because the issues are deeper than any one position or player, not because of any failing on his part. a lot of fans would have crucified the trade in hindsight because they can't distinguish that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You were getting your butt handed to you in the conversation so you changed it from FS to RARE FS. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Duhhhh..........................bubububububububut I would like a RARE FS?

Yah...........a RARE FS would be great. LOL

lolllll

Yes..

If there was a pass rusher available or a rare Free Safety i'd be all for moving up for that.

Never changed it.. Turn that brain on sunshine.

A lot of our arguments come from you sucking at basic reading comprehension.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The reasoning behind his wanting an offensive player has nothing to do with modern or anything of that sort. He wants Dak to fail so bad so he can be right that he is willing to not fix the defense. He KNOWS what happens if this defense becomes a top ten unit.

EXACTLY!!

If Dallas can get this defense in the top half of the league he suffers and he knows it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lolllll

Never changed it.. Turn that brain on sunshine.

A lot of our arguments come from you sucking at basic reading comprehension.

What about a RARE QB? Like Kaaya and Beatherd? Are those guys rare? They would HAVE to be to be better than Mahomes.

Was your brain on when you made that all time gaff? :lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rayman70

Reaction score
KC was screwed because Mahomes had NO TIME to throw the ball or let his receivers get open.
no no no. Yes they had issues bigtime at tackle, but they won just fine prior to that game without their tackles. So what changed? I will tell you what changed. Tampa out played them, out schemed them on defense had a better plan than they did.This is the 1 time Reid may have been out coached. Gotta give credit to Tampa for dominating them the way they did. Not 1 TD allowed. Very hard to do in todays NFL. Let alone, against a great team like the Chiefs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
dline,linebackers win championships coupled with a great plan on how to use them.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i have a hard time seeing any one player as being so superior to justify moving up. in fact, i have a hard time thinking anyone available at 10 is so absolutely essential that they are better than moving back & getting two really good players instead.
Agreed, especially on the defensive side of the ball. There's no one defensive player at 10 who is worth more than a guy at 15 and another at, say, 70.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
no no no. Yes they had issues bigtime at tackle, but they won just fine prior to that game without their tackles. So what changed? I will tell you what changed. Tampa out played them, out schemed them on defense had a better plan than they did.This is the 1 time Reid may have been out coached. Gotta give credit to Tampa for dominating them the way they did. Not 1 TD allowed. Very hard to do in todays NFL. Let alone, against a great team like the Chiefs.
I believe KC lost their LT to Achilles injury just prior to the super bowl. Like most teams, they had a plan for losing one OT but not two.

Losing both was just too much and their OL fell apart. It is part of the same reason that the Dallas OL had so many issues... losing both tackles is a rare and devastating thing for an NFL team.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They lost their tackle for the superbowl. He was hurt in the AFCCG or after I believe. So he was playing against Buffalo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They lost their tackle for the superbowl. He was hurt in the AFCCG or after I believe. So he was playing against Buffalo.
well just saying, as badly as they were dominated, it wouldnt have mattered much. Dline matters alot

Rayman70

Reaction score
I believe KC lost their LT to Achilles injury just prior to the super bowl. Like most teams, they had a plan for losing one OT but not two.

Losing both was just too much and their OL fell apart. It is part of the same reason that the Dallas OL had so many issues... losing both tackles is a rare and devastating thing for an NFL team.
admittedly it mattered of course, but not to the tune and manner by which they were dominated from start to finish. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the other team and move on. The linebackers and dline for Tampa were special in this game. The db's were fine, not special, but didnt need to be because their front 7 dominated them and made it easy for them. Thats the recipe for success in Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
KC never could adjust. They were beaten badly because they were outplayed and out coached. It happens to the best.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
admittedly it mattered of course, but not to the tune and manner by which they were dominated from start to finish. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the other team and move on. The linebackers and dline for Tampa were special in this game. The db's were fine, not special, but didnt need to be because their front 7 dominated them and made it easy for them. Thats the recipe for success in Dallas.
Trent Dilfer said on Fox Sport Radio just after the super bowl (I think it was the Doug Gottleib Show) that KC struggled so bad because Todd Bowles completely blindsided them by doing things on defense they hadn’t done all year long. He said all the film study that Andy Reid did leading up to that game was worthless and only led him into doing the wrong thing over and over.

I can’t remember all of how they played it differently, but he explained it pretty well. It could probably be found in the pod casts of the Gottleib show in the few days after the super bowl.

Doing things that you never do can really screw up your opponent. It is a big part of why Philly won the super bowl. They switched to Foles at QB because Wentz got hurt right before the playoffs. They played the final reg season game against Dallas and didn’t change the offense and Foles couldn’t run it very well. Then for the first playoff game Pederson switched what they were running to better fit Foles and blindsided teams in the playoffs. In just 3 games, defenses couldn’t figure it out quickly enough and they continued to win. The next year teams figured it out and they never were quite the same.

When Bowles switched up everything they were doing on defense... KC was effectively dead in the water... or at least their game plan was shot.

Throw in KC losing both OT’s and they didn’t have a prayer in the SB. It is the only way that Mahoney and that offense were going to be held to no TD’s.

Tampa is good on defense but they weren’t anywhere nearly as good as they looked in that game. They had a huge edge because it was essentially like KC had game planned for a completely different team... and then they lost their second OT.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer said on Fox Sport Radio just after the super bowl (I think it was the Doug Gottleib Show) that KC struggled so bad because Todd Bowles completely blindsided them by doing things on defense they hadn’t done all year long. He said all the film study that Andy Reid did leading up to that game was worthless and only led him into doing the wrong thing over and over.

I can’t remember all of how they played it differently, but he explained it pretty well. It could probably be found in the pod casts of the Gottleib show in the few days after the super bowl.

Doing things that you never do can really screw up your opponent. It is a big part of why Philly won the super bowl. They switched to Foles at QB because Wentz got hurt right before the playoffs. They played the final reg season game against Dallas and didn’t change the offense and Foles couldn’t run it very well. Then for the first playoff game Pederson switched what they were running to better fit Foles and blindsided teams in the playoffs. In just 3 games, defenses couldn’t figure it out quickly enough and they continued to win. The next year teams figured it out and they never were quite the same.

When Bowles switched up everything they were doing on defense... KC was effectively dead in the water... or at least their game plan was shot.

Throw in KC losing both OT’s and they didn’t have a prayer in the SB. It is the only way that Mahoney and that offense were going to be held to no TD’s.

Tampa is good on defense but they weren’t anywhere nearly as good as they looked in that game. They had a huge edge because it was essentially like KC had game planned for a completely different team... and then they lost their second OT.
it was all of the above.

kskboys

Reaction score
Reid is a pretty good coach, not a great one. He's got a dominant team right now, which makes people overrate him. Don't forget, he pulled the same crapp in the super bowl he won, and got bailed out by terrible play calling by SF and a dominant 4th qtr by Chris Jones.