Trade Parsons

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Okay, you said our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense which is still a ridiculous comment. :rolleyes: How could anything be a bigger problem than our historically bad run defense? That’s all everyone is talking about. Our run defense is HORRIBLE! How can you not see that? Our pass defense is ranked 14th and our run defense is ranked dead LAST. After three games it’s the worst the NFL has seen in 60 years and you’re saying our pass defense is a bigger problem? :laugh:
Because they are giving up 13.5 y/a through the air in these two games. The worst teams in the league are generally right around 8.

yardage total stats don't matter. The pass defense is 14th because teams stopped passing in the second half of the last two games.

You can use all the emojis you want. Doesn't change the numbers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because they are giving up 13.5 y/a through the air in these two games. The worst teams in the league are generally right around 8.

yardage total stats don't matter. The pass defense is 14th because teams stopped passing in the second half of the last two games.

You can use all the emojis you want. Doesn't change the numbers.
You have to be the only Cowboys fan on the planet that thinks our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :rolleyes: I’m still waiting for you to tell me you’re joking. Lol

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You have to be the only Cowboys fan on the planet that thinks our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :rolleyes: I’m still waiting for you to tell me you’re joking. Lol
I'm not. This board is an echo chamber of expired thought about what defense needs to be, but that's not true everywhere.

Which is more: 13.65 or 5.5?

blueblood70

Reaction score
no I think it would be equal

because you can't judge it because the run game is getting beat up so easily that they not actually challenging our pass defense but when they did they got their ***** just absolutely obliterated to start the game against the saints.. They literally took the top off our pass defense to start the game and then went on to start running we already knew the Ravens were gonna be running from the beginning they didn't need to challenge our pass game I'm telling you it's equal so why try to pick a side and try to pick up one of our better players and I get it I get what you're saying but there's just too much wrong with Mike zimmer's scheme and just about every player so you can't really be picking on one player or one side of the ball it's all of them how many defenders have been playing the last two games however many I don't know 20? They're all bad I wouldn't be bragging about anyone I mean either they all look bad I mean I can't pick out a single player or coach on the defensive side that I would be trying to say is better than than the other....

Whatever team comes in whatever they want they can take whether it's the pass or the run whether it's small ball big ball or deep ball they can do it all against this defense I've never seen our defense outside of a couple games from Quinn and Nolan and marinelli that look like this in back-to-back games I mean it usually damn bounce back games this was not a bounce back immediately as soon as they had their chance came up seven points that's like six of the last seven drives for touchdowns in the last two games and it was by air and by ground..

if an offense needs to get right all you gotta do is play the cowboys defense...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Answer the question.
Dude, i’m not about to waste my time with someone who hasn’t a clue what they’re talking about. Our inability to stop the run is killing us! If you can’t see that you’re not worth my time. You won’t find anyone who says our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. When we keep an opponent under 100 yards rushing we have success. Our only win this season was because we kept the Browns under 100 yards rushing.

StarLord

Reaction score
I would consider trading him for a king's ransom, but I cannot imagine Jerry ever trading him. He operates from a place of fear, and I'm sure I'd terrified at the prospect of trading Micah and watching him catch fire . Safer just keep him and move on.

StarLord

Reaction score
It was always dumb to me that the Jones family expected to keep CeeDee, Diggs, and Parsons while also paying Dak.

The window should have centered around their rookie contracts ending. They should have accelerated more blue chip resources into the team to capitalize on that window and then made tough decisions later.
This would have been the best thing to do. Now that window is closed, and rather than getting better, we're just getting more expensive.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dude, i’m not about to waste my time with someone who hasn’t a clue what they’re talking about. Our inability to stop the run is killing us! If you can’t see that you’re not worth my time. You won’t find anyone who says our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. When we keep an opponent under 100 yards rushing we have success. Our only win this season was because we kept the Browns under 100 yards rushing.
Which number is higher?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which number is higher?
It makes no difference that the passing number is higher. Teams aren’t throwing enough against us. Our pass defense isn’t killing us. We’re not being shredded by the pass. The fact that we’re 14th against the pass is proof. You’re not going to win games with teams averaging over 5 yards a carry. The Cowboys are DEAD LAST against the run. They’ve given up 557 rushing yards, the most of any team in the league. They have the worst run defense in the last 60 years in the NFL and you claim our pass defense is worse. :laugh: :facepalm:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It makes no difference that the passing number is higher. Teams aren’t throwing enough against us. Our pass defense isn’t killing us. We’re not being shredded by the pass. The fact that we’re 14th against the pass is proof. You’re not going to win games with teams averaging over 5 yards a carry. The Cowboys are DEAD LAST against the run. They’ve given up 557 rushing yards, the most of any team in the league. They have the worst run defense in the last 60 years in the NFL and you claim our pass defense is worse. :laugh: :facepalm:
You are wrong, in every way. Look at the first two scoring drives for each of the last two games. The run defense is bad, but the passing defense is unequivocally worse.

Total rushing/passing yards don't matter - those metrics don't matter.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are wrong, in every way. Look at the first two scoring drives for each of the last two games. The run defense is bad, but the passing defense is unequivocally worse.

Total rushing/passing yards don't matter - those metrics don't matter.
You’re telling me our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :facepalm: You won’t find anyone on this board that will agree with you. Not wasting any more time with you on this.

chagus

Reaction score
I don't buy blind speculation as fact like you people do. A post like this that does not include one shred of tangible, relevant data is nonsense.

People like you think I have an ego because I don't think the constant "because I said so" has any value.
The "data" is the result of 3 games. Might be a tad over-reactionary but... given how crappy this team is and will PROBABLY continue to be, i say why not? I'm not diggin' this Parsons pod cast/influencer style road he's headed down. Just doesnt say football player to me. Someone that can TALK about football? Sure, but for 40 mill a year? No thanks. Besides, do we really need a 4th "got payed and hasnt done squat since" player on this team? Can Dallas even afford it?? Just sayin.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You’re telling me our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :facepalm: You won’t find anyone on this board that will agree with you. Not wasting any more time with you on this.
This is a good thing, to me.

What is more, 13 or 5? It's very simple lol

chagus

Reaction score
Micah is the defenses best player.

If you trade him. The defense would get considerably worse immediately.

Just so we are clear.

I’m not sure why people want to get rid of a top 3 pass rusher in the league, because he is just “ok” against the run. (He’s not even the main problem with the run defense).
Fire sale. Jump ship. Rebuild. Season is over. That's why.

Loso86

Reaction score
We’re going to get bullied every week if we don’t shore up the run defense. The losses are going to start piling up. We have pass rushers. That’s what the Cowboys are built to do but they’re getting blown off the ball up front. Parsons is being neutralized by our inability to stop the run. Parsons is our best pass rusher but we’re going to have to make a sacrifice to fix the run defense. We need to fix the DL and trading him could allow us to do that. By the way I NEVER said the RB position didn’t matter. I’ve been saying we need a quality back and trading Parsons could help us acquire one. We need to add some players.
Getting rid of our best Defensive player doesn't just fix a problem, it also leaves a major hole elsewhere

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol so now we are blaming Micah for the FO drafting a bust at DT. Lollll come on man.

Micah isn’t a scout. Micah was justified in wanting help at DT. But the FO and scouts are the ones that have to find and acquire them.
Micah influenced Dan Quinn, who influenced Jerry. Is this not true? I even provided video proof.