Trade Parsons

jwitten82

Reaction score
He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season. He’ll be looking for close to $40 million per season next year. He’ll be a training camp holdout. He only has one sack in our first 3 games and opponents have figured out how to neutralize him. He’ll be lucky to have double digit sacks this season with teams running the ball all day. He’s not making as many eye popping plays as he did his first couple of seasons and he continues to wear down. It’s just been reported our run defense is the worst through 3 games in the last 60 years in the NFL. Parsons says he only wants to play until he’s 30. He’s talking about being in the Olympics in four years. He doesn’t love football. We need to see what kind of haul we could get for him in a trade. We need to build the DL with a solid DT and add a quality RB.
Id be all for this if they hadn't handed out those two contracts . There's nothing to rebuild, we're stuck
Parsons was a top 10 selling jersey last year, Jerry is not letting him go anywhere

HungryLion

Reaction score
Micah is the defenses best player.

If you trade him. The defense would get considerably worse immediately.

Just so we are clear.

I’m not sure why people want to get rid of a top 3 pass rusher in the league, because he is just “ok” against the run. (He’s not even the main problem with the run defense).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you're saying we should sell low instead of having a plan and foresight and stuff? I'm on board. :confused:
I’m not saying to sell low. I’m saying to trade him and see what we can get. We could trade him during the season or after the season. We’re certainly not going to get a Herschel Walker type haul for him but we need several players and it would be foolish to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league with as bad as our defense is with him. He hasn’t shown up in four playoff games. He only has one sack and four QB hits. Nick Bosa had that in one playoff game last season. Parsons stock is going to drop if he has a down year and he’s headed for one. We need to dangle him out there to help add some pieces.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not saying to sell low. I’m saying to trade him and see what we can get. We could trade him during the season or after the season. We’re certainly not going to get a Herschel Walker type haul for him but we need several players and it would be foolish to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league with as bad as our defense is with him. He hasn’t shown up in four playoff games. He only has one sack and four QB hits. Nick Bosa had that in one playoff game last season. Parsons stock is going to drop if he has a down year and he’s headed for one. We need to dangle him out there to help add some pieces.

You want to get rid of the BEST piece the defense has so you can “add some pieces” with the picks.

Personally I think it would just be better if the FO used the draft picks and cap space they already have to add more pieces around Parsons.

Even if you traded Micah for 2 firsts. You gotta use one to replace him as a pass rusher. The other one would have to also be a major hit on another player.

If one of those picks busts or doesn’t live up to expectations, you make the defense worse.

Trading Micah would be a super super risky move and require the FO to absolutely nail the draft picks you would get.

The risk outweighs the potential reward to be honest.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You just ragged on him like he sucks and think some sucker team is going to pay through the nose to have him after reading your post? They come here to help determine our players' value for trades, you know? Thanks for diminishing his value for them to see.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Id be all for this if they hadn't handed out those two contracts . There's nothing to rebuild, we're stuck
Parsons was a top 10 selling jersey last year, Jerry is not letting him go anywhere
We needed those other 2 players. We had the top ranked offense with them last season. Parsons isn’t helping our defense like those others are helping our offense. Remember this topic is about Parsins.

jwitten82

Reaction score
We needed those other 2 players. We had the top ranked offense with them last season. Parsons isn’t helping our defense like those others are helping our offense. Remember this topic is about Parsins.
We've had a top 5 defense defense the last few seasons

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I never said he was a liability. :rolleyes:
ok fine....."He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season" is still wrong.

Maybe your post simply comes across more negative of Parsons than you're intending, but it seems a little harsh. Micah isnt the issue here. Trading him could be part of the solution, but you better get a massive haul including multiple 1st round picks if you do.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I would trade him. I think he is a good player with a the ability to be great. But I think he is weak minded. he has no desire to crush RBs in the running game. he wants to pass rush, that's it. Plus I don't want to tie up 50% of the cap in 3 players. This is likely Dlaw last year, we need some picks to address the D front from the tackles to the edge.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season. He’ll be looking for close to $40 million per season next year. He’ll be a training camp holdout. He only has one sack in our first 3 games and opponents have figured out how to neutralize him. He’ll be lucky to have double digit sacks this season with teams running the ball all day. He’s not making as many eye popping plays as he did his first couple of seasons and he continues to wear down. It’s just been reported our run defense is the worst through 3 games in the last 60 years in the NFL. Parsons says he only wants to play until he’s 30. He’s talking about being in the Olympics in four years. He doesn’t love football. We need to see what kind of haul we could get for him in a trade. We need to build the DL with a solid DT and add a quality RB.
if we can get two firsts out of him...then lets do it

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His trade value is probably the highest it ever will be. He's coming off two consecutive seasons with 15+ sacks and the DPOY runner up. If he has a 5-sack season and is a liability against the run, then his value will plummet next season.
Luckily, his price-tag will drop too. We just gotta hope Jerry agrees :muttley:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Most people don’t want to hear this but Micah is one of the better run defenders on the defense…..
He's fine as a run defender and doesn't have much difficulty setting an edge.

He's guilty of getting a little greedy in pursuit sometimes but it's a give and take with players who get downhill like he does.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You want to get rid of the BEST piece the defense has so you can “add some pieces” with the picks.

Personally I think it would just be better if the FO used the draft picks and cap space they already have to add more pieces around Parsons.

Even if you traded Micah for 2 firsts. You gotta use one to replace him as a pass rusher. The other one would have to also be a major hit on another player.

If one of those picks busts or doesn’t live up to expectations, you make the defense worse.

Trading Micah would be a super super risky move and require the FO to absolutely nail the draft picks you would get.

The risk outweighs the potential reward to be honest.
We need pieces up front. Unless we solidify the DL, Parsons will continue to be taken out of plays. It would be a risky move to trade him and I wouldn’t have been on board with it a couple of years ago. I would’ve probably said someone is crazy wanting to trade him but as terrible as our defense is with him and how it ineffective he’s been, it’s time to look for a trade. He’s undersized, he gets held a lot and he wears down. He’s not going to have the kind of season that warrants him to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. Naturally we would have to nail the picks but the way it’s going, paying him will prevent us from adding quality pieces to the defense. He’s simply not making our defense better.