Trade Parsons

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He's a luxury not a necessity. They have way to many holes, created by the great GM's lack on knowing how to build a roster, to pay him all the money. Pay him, Dak, Ceedee, Diggs, and the team still sucks.
It was always dumb to me that the Jones family expected to keep CeeDee, Diggs, and Parsons while also paying Dak.

The window should have centered around their rookie contracts ending. They should have accelerated more blue chip resources into the team to capitalize on that window and then made tough decisions later.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most people don’t want to hear this but Micah is one of the better run defenders on the defense…..
He’s having to fight off blocks because of how bad we are upfront. Last week against New Orleans he was being taken out of plays by tight ends.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How has our defense gotten better with him? We have an historically bad defense right now. I’m negative of Parsons, but he is a great player. There are negatives with him.
Double digit sack guy every year since he entered the league, hes the one guy on our front 7 teams have to actually game plan around, and honestly so far 2024 has probably been his best job playing the run since he has been a Cowboy. Just look at the last couple years what his presence on the field has done to give guys like Dorrance Armstrong 1v1 looks and rack up the pressure numbers.

It doesnt look like Micah Parsons is making this team any better this year because of how bad the DT and LB groups have been thus far. You take Parsons away right now and I promise its twice as bad.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
But he’s having to fight off blocks. Last week against New Orleans he was being taken out of plays by tight ends.
the Ravens just ran Reads at him on the biggest play they didnt even block him they let Lamar put him in shackles for a 9 yard run for a game sealing 1st down.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
We’re going to continue to suck until we add a real war daddy up front with a few other pieces. Plus we need a quality back. The two RBs we passed up in free agency both had 100+ yards yesterday.
Aaron Jones hardly makes more than Zeke does will the idiot owner come out and say he couldn't afford him too? I mean if you are not going to sign a good back in free agency because you are too cheap then you better have a draft plan to get one. Instead he tries to blow smoke up everyone's butt about the running back room being fine. Complete joke. Jerry Jones was the worst thing to happen to the Dallas Cowboys. If he didn't hire Jimmy the Cowboys would be sitting on two super bowls.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think the sentiment is that he's a luxury for a team that can't afford luxuries (us). At least, that's my sentiment.

His peak is not going to coincide with a rebuild that needs to happen here, and we need additional draft capital to push us past the status quo.

The thought is there is probably a contender or fringe contender out there that feels Parsons would put them over the top and would give us a decent draft pick haul for him.
I mean that's fine. There's legitimacy in wanting to trade him.

Just don't be disingenuous about it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Double digit sack guy every year since he entered the league, hes the one guy on our front 7 teams have to actually game plan around, and honestly so far 2024 has probably been his best job playing the run since he has been a Cowboy. Just look at the last couple years what his presence on the field has done to give guys like Dorrance Armstrong 1v1 looks and rack up the pressure numbers.

It doesnt look like Micah Parsons is making this team any better this year because of how bad the DT and LB groups have been thus far. You take Parsons away right now and I promise its twice as bad.
Very few impact sacks and he’s only come up with one in four playoff games. Good luck fixing the DL and adding a quality RB with all the money it’s going to take to extend him. The book on how to defend him is out. In big moments he’s not showing up.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
the Ravens just ran Reads at him on the biggest play they didnt even block him they let Lamar put him in shackles for a 9 yard run for a game sealing 1st down.
It is amazing watching people witness creative offensive scheming in real time and blaming it on the defensive player lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aaron Jones hardly makes more than Zeke does will the idiot owner come out and say he couldn't afford him too? I mean if you are not going to sign a good back in free agency because you are too cheap then you better have a draft plan to get one. Instead he tries to blow smoke up everyone's butt about the running back room being fine. Complete joke. Jerry Jones was the worst thing to happen to the Dallas Cowboys. If he didn't hire Jimmy the Cowboys would be sitting on two super bowls.
He’ll only say he couldn’t afford Aaron Jones if he’s asked. It’s obviously money that caused us to pass on both Henry and Jones. Pollard is better than any of the backs we have. He had 82 yards yesterday and a TD. Our backs combined for 50 yards.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I mean that's fine. There's legitimacy in wanting to trade him.

Just don't be disingenuous about it.
I think he's probably worth a 1st and 3rd-- similar to what the Raiders got for Mack when you weed out some of the other compensation that was exchanged

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think he's probably worth a 1st and 3rd-- similar to what the Raiders got for Mack when you weed out some of the other compensation that was exchanged
Maybe. Brian Burns apparently had offers for two #1s.

The reality is that you are never going to win a trade with Micah so it doesn't really matter the compensation. You're not going to get a top-10 pick or anything for him unless it's a future from a team who is surprisingly bad.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Last week against New Orleans he was being taken out of plays by tight ends.
Did that actually happen? Is there a specific play you're referring to? Maybe it did happen, I just dont remember seeing it, and wouldnt think a TE would single on Parsons except for a block back side.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did that actually happen? Is there a specific play you're referring to? Maybe it did happen, I just dont remember seeing it, and wouldnt think a TE would single on Parsons except for a block back side.
It was mentioned on a Cowboys podcast that he was being taken out by a tight end against New Orleans.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I know that NBA and NFL are different...

But, assuming that Micah's contract will hurt potential suitors pool, isnt right now the best time to trade him if you were going to? Right now, as in, before trade deadline. And, yes, I am aware that any team trading for him will have to pay him regardless...but I still feel like post contract signing might remove a few suitors.

Just seems like this year, before deadline, would be the best time to trade him assuming you knew there were trade deals you felt were acceptable and fair.

I would definitely see what Philly would be willing to put up for him. That deal gets super conflicting due to both teams being long time Division Rivals.

Right now, he plays young and doesnt have too much baggage associated with his name. Both points are things that could change quickly.

If anyone sees Micah as a cash cow assets wise...there isnt a better time to trade him than right now. Unfortunately, no one trusts Jerry to get a haul for him...and no one seems to think Hershal Walker trades exist anymore. Personally, I dont see how Micah doesnt get a massive haul. Maybe not Walker-ish...but a massive deal. Seems to be a large portion of people that think we only get two FRP's for him. Thats absurd...even if both picks are in top 10 of draft.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It is amazing watching people witness creative offensive scheming in real time and blaming it on the defensive player lol.
sure i would love for MM to have a better scheme, but am i to believe our "Best defensive player" can not be asked to blow up a read option play? So if the other team runs the read option we are toast because its so creative? Come on Mac thats a mailin statement because its certainly not true for every defense...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It was mentioned on a Cowboys podcast that he was being taken out by a tight end against New Orleans.
No. They were cracking him with a TE and then chopping him with a RB.

It was never a 1v1 block with a TE.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Maybe. Brian Burns apparently had offers for two #1s.

The reality is that you are never going to win a trade with Micah so it doesn't really matter the compensation. You're not going to get a top-10 pick or anything for him unless it's a future from a team who is surprisingly bad.
No you're not going to land in the upper half of the 1st round.

But I think that's okay. This team drafts well and doesn't sign impact FAs.

If we want to inject more more talent into the roster than what we have today, it stands to reason that we need to stockpile more draft capital.

Also, for me I just don't think Micah is a safe bet. So it's a "sell high" scenario.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No. They were cracking him with a TE and then chopping him with a RB.

It was never a 1v1 block with a TE.
did it effectivley take him out of the game? I get what your saying but again how do teams take out Bosa and TJ and Myles...it happens but how continually? At some point your best defensive player has to beat what the other team is doing to him...does he not?