Trade Pollard to Jaguars?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In general I don't like that idea, but I say it without knowing options. Do you have thoughts as to who we might could get in return?

No, I was thinking more in lines of a draft pick. I have not looked at their roster as in terms on any players.
Just threw it out there for discussion. Get some fans thoughts. But I knew it would get others up in arms about it also. :laugh:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, but Pollard should be trade bait if needed...any team getting him will find out soon that he is not an every down back.....dude is the definition of a tweener, and will be exposed if over used.
I agree with you that Pollard isn’t an every down back. But he’s very valuable as backup RB and if they play him as much as they should, will get 12-15 touches a game. The days of Zeke getting 30 touches a game should be over. He’s not that kind of back anymore. We need Pollard.

Now if Jax wants to make a stupid good trade offer for a premium draft pick and we think we can pick up someone off the waiver wire to offset the loss of Pollard’s touches, we should listen. But I don’t think most GMs are that foolish.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you that Pollard isn’t an every down back. But he’s very valuable as backup RB and if they play him as much as they should, will get 12-15 touches a game. The days of Zeke getting 30 touches a game should be over. He’s not that kind of back anymore. We need Pollard.

Now if Jax wants to make a stupid good trade offer for a premium draft pick and we think we can pick up someone off the waiver wire to offset the loss of Pollard’s touches, we should listen. But I don’t think most GMs are that foolish.

Darius Jackson was just released by the Texans, I think it was them who released him this time.
He was a HOF TC RB here from some fans. As a fact some thought that he would be better than Zeke.

RS12

Reaction score
IMO the position most likely to bring you the lowest rate of return in a trade is RB followed closely by LB.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Etienne is out for the season.
Since my suggestion about trading Anae or Armstrong went over so well,. :lmao:

I thought I will ask this about Pollard. :muttley:
We need other topics, so here it is.
:popcorn:

I don't think this GM would get much for him unless we trade him for a specific player.
I don't think he would be a great RB in the NFL if he was the main RB but he would definitely get more playing time. He would be perfect for half of a 2 headed monster backfield.

Creeper

Reaction score
When you make a trade there has to be a problem you are trying to solve, right? What do we solve by trading Pollard? What do you want for him, aa draft pick or a player?

Trading him just because someone needs him seems like not much of a plan.

Although he is a free agent after this season. Getting a draft pick for him now rather than having him leave and getting nothing is not necessarily a terrible plan. Who takes his place?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

for what? he is going to be key part of this offense.....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I was thinking more in lines of a draft pick. I have not looked at their roster as in terms on any players.
Just threw it out there for discussion. Get some fans thoughts. But I knew it would get others up in arms about it also. :laugh:
Not worth if for a draft pick in my eyes. The Jags wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for him, and the value the Cowboys get from having a quality #2 RB who can add something to the offense is as much or more than we would get from a 3rd rounder..

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think a smart team is always willing to talk and discuss trade scenarios as they arise. And only a handful of players would be off the table.

DominantD

Reaction score
If Pollard could attract a 2, I'd deal with the loss of a weapon for 2021. That might be an unrealistic ask. But the Jags could see Pollard as a legit weapon. If they offer a 3, it might be high in round 3... I *might* consider this but I'm leaning to a No.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We need to get Pollard more touches here, not trade him. He is fantastic in space and has done a good job spelling Zeke and let's be honest, looked better than Zeke last year. I think we all expect (at least I do) a bounce back year from Zeke, but we also need to spell him a little to keep him fresh and use Pollard at what he is good at or when games get out of hand. And doesn't Jax still have a couple of decent RBs?

chagus

Reaction score

bugs-bunnys-no-meme.svg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I guess you forgot about James Robinson. The rookie RB last year that had stats better than Zeke:

1414 total yards, 4.5 ypc, and 10 TD's.

Time to delete your account.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Whats the matter is Pollard embarrassing Zeke to much for you to handle? :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I have not looked at their roster as in terms on any players.

Yah, no kidding. Because if you knew their roster, then you would have known they already have James Robinson as their lead back.