Trade Pollard to Jaguars?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We need to get Pollard more touches here, not trade him. He is fantastic in space and has done a good job spelling Zeke and let's be honest, looked better than Zeke last year. I think we all expect (at least I do) a bounce back year from Zeke, but we also need to spell him a little to keep him fresh and use Pollard at what he is good at or when games get out of hand. And doesn't Jax still have a couple of decent RBs?

Jacksonville has one of the best young RB's in the NFL in James Robinson. Obviously the OP didnt realize this when he started the thread.

But we get these Zeke apologists that are threatened by Pollard and will think of any scenario to dream about getting him off the team so he cant continue to make Zeke look like the plodding back that he is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Pollard could attract a 2, I'd deal with the loss of a weapon for 2021. That might be an unrealistic ask. But the Jags could see Pollard as a legit weapon. If they offer a 3, it might be high in round 3... I *might* consider this but I'm leaning to a No.

Why would the Jags trade for a back when they have James Robinson? This thread is laughable. The OP obviously didnt think it through when he started it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need to get Pollard more touches here, not trade him. He is fantastic in space and has done a good job spelling Zeke and let's be honest, looked better than Zeke last year. I think we all expect (at least I do) a bounce back year from Zeke, but we also need to spell him a little to keep him fresh and use Pollard at what he is good at or when games get out of hand. And doesn't Jax still have a couple of decent RBs?
get glasses , dont let a big run here and there fool your eyes

101 435 4.3 4tds with only 101 carriers a backup should be at 5-6 ypc fresh legs less defensive fronts etc etc that was bad for TP as it was for Zeke

244 979 4.0 6tds

sorry man but the backups always seem to get more luv, sure give the kid few more carries but zeke had 2,5 times the carries for 4ypc

so that .3 ypc is impressive to you wow give the dude HOF vote now LMAO..

its like having an Olympic sprinter try and run the mile and 2mile against an Olympic long distanced runner...the sprinter would die by the half way point..

on the flip side zeke can run in a straight line ie hurdles or the 100 im betting pretty damn close to tp yet tote the rock 300 times not hurt his avg..that what true blue chip starters do,,

dont get me wrong i like TO as change of pace dudes not an nfl starter..wasnt true starter in college either..we need both really and i like ricoD
as well hes little of both.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When you make a trade there has to be a problem you are trying to solve, right? What do we solve by trading Pollard? What do you want for him, aa draft pick or a player?

Trading him just because someone needs him seems like not much of a plan.

Although he is a free agent after this season. Getting a draft pick for him now rather than having him leave and getting nothing is not necessarily a terrible plan. Who takes his place?

The Jags dont need him. The OP didnt do his research before he started the thread.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
get glasses , dont let a big run here and there fool your eyes

101 435 4.3 4tds with only 101 carriers a backup should be at 5-6 ypc fresh legs less defensive fronts etc etc that was bad for TP as it was for Zeke

244 979 4.0 6tds

sorry man but the backups always seem to get more luv, sure give the kid few more carries but zeke had 2,5 times the carries for 4ypc

so that .3 ypc is impressive to you wow give the dude HOF vote now LMAO..

its like having an Olympic sprinter try and run the mile and 2mile against an Olympic long distanced runner...the sprinter would die by the half way point..

on the flip side zeke can run in a straight line ie hurdles or the 100 im betting pretty damn close to tp yet tote the rock 300 times not hurt his avg..that what true blue chip starters do,,

dont get me wrong i like TO as change of pace dudes not an nfl starter..wasnt true starter in college either..we need both really and i like ricoD
as well hes little of both.

Get glasses!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

And no the backup doesnt always look better. Almost NEVER looks better. Especially with RB's.

At least you admit that Pollard looks better than Zeke.

Here is some advice for you..............................TRUST YOUR EYES!!!

SSoup

Reaction score
Reasonable chance he's our best ballcarrier and receiving option out of the backfield this season. So trading him now seems unproductive and perhaps fate-tempting. If somebody wanted to throw a starting-caliber pass rusher or a young starting-caliber offensive tackle at us, I guess I'd do it since at the end of the day, running backs grow on trees. But they won't offer us that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Reasonable chance he's our best ballcarrier and receiving option out of the backfield this season. So trading him now seems unproductive and perhaps fate-tempting. If somebody wanted to throw a starting-caliber pass rusher or a young starting-caliber offensive tackle at us, I guess I'd do it since at the end of the day, running backs grow on trees. But they won't offer us that.
:hammer::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why would they trade major capital for a RB when they still have James Robinson who was great last year and they desperately need O-line help? Even in a hypothetical "never going to happen" scenario this would...never happen....

LOL............well done. Obviously the OP completely forgot they already have one of the best young RB's in the NFL starting for them.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As much and as often as Zeke taps out, only for a high first. :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
This is not a serious post, but need to ask, what if?

Pollard is more valuable to us. We need him over whatever trade value he may have. It would be different if they were willing to offer something substantial, but they won't be.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would they trade major capital for a RB when they still have James Robinson who was great last year and they desperately need O-line help? Even in a hypothetical "never going to happen" scenario this would...never happen....

Maybe the new HC does not like Robinson.

I do find it odd that with him doing so well, with a new QB, the need for offensive line to protect your new QB...that with the second pick in the first round they chose...a RB.

Seems odd. They could have went DB or OT with that 25th pick but went with a RB instead.

Now this is no bearing on the OPs idea....just that it seems odd they took the RB with that second first round pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard is more valuable to us. We need him over whatever trade value he may have. It would be different if they were willing to offer something substantial, but they won't be.

Everyone wants that kind of back right now.

It’s all about big plays and big plays come through the pass game.

Everyone wants a Mcaffrey or Alvin Kamara right now who can catch a lot of passes.

CWR

Reaction score

Everyone wants a Mcaffrey or Alvin Kamara right now who can catch a lot of passes.

They drafted that back and have James Robinson. They aren't about to give up an early draft pick for Pollard.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jacksonville has one of the best young RB's in the NFL in James Robinson. Obviously the OP didnt realize this when he started the thread.

But we get these Zeke apologists that are threatened by Pollard and will think of any scenario to dream about getting him off the team so he cant continue to make Zeke look like the plodding back that he is.

I for one, find it foolish to believe that Zeke is remotely worried about Pollard taking his place. So, why would any fan be "threatened"?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Both Pollard and Zeke can do that. This team does not rely on backs catching passes as much as some of the others. That is what you want; maybe you should root for a team that will give you what you want. Evidently nothing about this ream pleases your palate.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Both Pollard and Zeke can do that. This team does not rely on backs catching passes as much as some of the others. That is what you want; maybe you should root for a team that will give you what you want. Evidently nothing about this ream pleases your palate.

You’re right. I do not like this current team that much. I’m currently cheering for laundry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They drafted that back and have James Robinson. They aren't about to give up an early draft pick for Pollard.

Yeah I didn’t say they would. Them trading for Pollard doesn’t make much sense.

Someone will cut an established receiving back as well.

Reactions: CWR