Trade scenerio: Jonathan Taylor for Pollard trade

Havic

Reaction score
So we are back to paying a butt load of money for the rb position again? The solution is through the draft and no 2nd contract unless it’s AP

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TeGvgY.gif

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I thought hell yes. But everyone thinks no .... so Ill say no. What do I know

I feel like I’m in crazy town. I live in the Midwest, so I get a ton of Colts games. JT is an awesome running back.

The answer is still no, because he needs a big contract, and I don’t believe in paying big contracts to RBs. But saying he’d be a downgrade from Pollard is ridiculous.

CWR

Reaction score
Love TP, but Jonathan Taylor is a great back who can carry the load.

I dont think it's a stupid idea, however his contract is the issue.

I also won't go as far as to say TP can't be featured. I'd just feel more comfortable with a legit back up, at least until he proves it a season.

CWR

Reaction score
His comp is ekeler from the chargers imo. Nobody paying him that even with 2k yards

Ekler is phenomenal. Not sure what his recent extension is but that's a hell of a comp.

EDIT - yeah he'll make about 8 million this year and that's his highest paid season to date. TP isn't nearly as accomplished. Him getting more than 6 seems a stretch based on that.

bewp7

Reaction score
no thx

im not paying any rb tony can play on the tag and walk

Sydla

Reaction score
Taylor agrees to same contract as derek henry. 4 years, 50 million, 25 guaranteed.

Would you do it?
LOL. No.

By the way, anyone who wants to hold firm on Martin but would make this trade with that type of contract is a fool.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Taylor agrees to same contract as derek henry. 4 years, 50 million, 25 guaranteed.

Would you do it?
Why would anyone do it? Taylor is coming off a down year. I doubt anyone would sign him to $50 million with $25 million guaranteed. Despite the 1800+ yards he gained in 2021 the Saints ended up missing the playoffs.

TheDank

Reaction score
If Pollard goes down I could see us making a move for JT at the deadline assuming the Colts aren’t competitive.

Idk about that potential contract though.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Pollard goes down I could see us making a move for JT at the deadline assuming the Colts aren’t competitive.

Idk about that potential contract though.
Never going to happen. His contract demands are beyond unreasonable. He is living in la-la land.