Trade scenerio: Jonathan Taylor for Pollard trade

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
here's a lot to be said for "volume". Maybe not every offense is looking to have the running back "leader"...but usually that's who has the most volume. It shows reliability and health.
Taylor was injured last year and there is some debate about his heath in camp this year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think Nick Chubb's contract is the best an RB can hope for these days. 3 years, $36M, $20M guaranteed.

Even at $12M a season, I don't think the Browns mind paying him at all. He doesn't get recognized this way, but IMO Chubb is a generational rusher. He has somehow put up 5 consecutive seasons over 5 YPC, and hasn't had a ton of help.

King Henry is the other RB I would start using the term generational with, and his 4 year, $50M deal is in that same ballpark as Chubb. The Titans got their money's worth for the first 3 years of that deal, and even then, they really want out for year 4.

These second-contract RBs really want something like Christian McCaffrey's deal (4 years, $64M, $38M guaranteed), or Zeke's deal (6 years, 90M, $50M guaranteed), but those kind of offers just aren't on the table any more. Every team that's signed an RB to a contract that size has ended up regretting it. The Chubb and Henry deals are about the most a club can live with

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why trade for a running back I mean there's a guy in dalvin cook who wants to be a Dallas cowboy I'm not saying we should go get him but why give up draft prospects when you got a guy sitting on the street if you wanna get a veteran who might still be productive that doesn't need to put a lot of volume on him that would complement Tony Pollard and this offense that would be dalvin cook and he's sitting out there probably will play for about 7-8 million 9 million.. I say no to him as well but these scenarios are getting ridiculous there's a guy sitting out there right now that we don't need to trade for it.. We can use those second and third round picks in the draft next year for a running back problem solved this year's running back by committee with Pollard leading the way that's better than most of what the Super bowl rosters were the last two...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Trading for Taylor is fine, but it doesn't make sense to get rid of Pollard to do so. If you can get him for, say, a third-round pick, just let him walk after this year and you've rented him for next to nothing and you have the best RB room in the league.

I'm doubtful that the Colts would do something like that, but if the alternative is that Taylor just sits, then maybe.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taylor was injured last year and there is some debate about his heath in camp this year.
Thats fine....not what i was saying....but you are correct there.
Since you mention injury....Is there any debate on tony's injury and new role?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Thats fine....not what i was saying....but you are correct there.
Since you mention injury....Is there any debate on tony's injury and new role?
I dont think so. Looks good from all accounts and not sure what the new role is. His volume should be about the same as last year--maybe a tad more.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No. Other than Taylor having more weight, they're about the same back. Would be a wash one for the other.

Havic

Reaction score
I think Nick Chubb's contract is the best an RB can hope for these days. 3 years, $36M, $20M guaranteed.

Even at $12M a season, I don't think the Browns mind paying him at all. He doesn't get recognized this way, but IMO Chubb is a generational rusher. He has somehow put up 5 consecutive seasons over 5 YPC, and hasn't had a ton of help.

King Henry is the other RB I would start using the term generational with, and his 4 year, $50M deal is in that same ballpark as Chubb. The Titans got their money's worth for the first 3 years of that deal, and even then, they really want out for year 4.

These second-contract RBs really want something like Christian McCaffrey's deal (4 years, $64M, $38M guaranteed), or Zeke's deal (6 years, 90M, $50M guaranteed), but those kind of offers just aren't on the table any more. Every team that's signed an RB to a contract that size has ended up regretting it. The Chubb and Henry deals are about the most a club can live with
Chubb is the best back in the league imo.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Lost in this scenario is this:

What’s in it for the Colts?

Why would they trade for a running back that would cost them twice as much money?
They get a running back this year. Right now they don’t have one or. A backup.

You get an upgrade at rb imo. A more durable back that can carry a load instead of a part time back.

Talking about not paying a back that kind of money. You are paying that kind if money to pollard this yesr. $10 million for a part time back. I like pollard and everything but that us a lot of money for a part time back coming off a major injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They get a running back this year. Right now they don’t have one or. A backup.

You get an upgrade at rb imo. A more durable back that can carry a load instead of a part time back.

Talking about not paying a back that kind of money. You are paying that kind if money to pollard this yesr. $10 million for a part time back. I like pollard and everything but that us a lot of money for a part time back coming off a major injury.
They can get a backup running back for a lot less than $10 million dollars.

And they control Taylor’s rights. He plays for them or not at all.

Indianapolis has zero reason to make this proposed trade.