Trade scenerio: Jonathan Taylor for Pollard trade

Flamma

Reaction score
You get taylor at $12.5 million for next four years.

Probably the same contract as pollard will end up getting from someone.
Pollard is going to be 27 next year. I doubt anyone gives him a 4 year contract.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sold on Tony being "lead back", "RB1" RB by committee...whatever!....but man.....let's give him his earned shot at it.

We can always hire zeke back. :facepalm:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard is going to be 27 next year. I doubt anyone gives him a 4 year contract.
In todays NFL almost no RB is going to be getting a big 2nd contract. Getting tagged is the biggest deal they will get per year.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Lol, they aren't trading Pollard.
You know there's not much to talk about in here when people start coming up with these ideas.Maybe he should go and talk to cap boy. He probably would say, We like our guys.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Pollard is gone at the end of this year. The boys will be drafting their next great rb in 2024. Book it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is another one of those threads where you’re thankful fans don’t run the team. Jerry isn’t about to sign an RB to a $50 million long-term contract with $25 million guaranteed when he has to find a way to pay CeeDee and Parsons. Jerry already mentioned having to pay Parsons when talking about why he’s not going to be reworking Zack Martin’s deal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Pollard is gone at the end of this year. The boys will be drafting their next great rb in 2024. Book it.
The only thing you might be able to book is that Pollard won’t be back in 2024. Coming up with our next great RB in next year‘s draft is a real stretch, because we very likely won’t be taking one high, unless our RB situation this season turns into a real nightmare.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Taylor agrees to same contract as derek henry. 4 years, 50 million, 25 guaranteed.

Would you do it?
Paying another running back a lot of money when we just got out of the last one isnt my preference. We also have to consider Taylor may never reproduce his 2021 season again. Hes coming off a ankle injury and there are some reports of a possible back issue.

I much rather stick with Pollard.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke got a monster contract. He wasn't done dirty.
Okay...since you say so. Must be true.

Zeke wants to play football. That is why he played hurt. Blocked for an o-line we refused to re-inforce.

Yes he got paid. He was the best back in that 3 year period. EPIC rookie season. Pay him......but keep what he does viable. Good o line. Good QB that defenses fear. WR's that FIGHT.

We did none of that.

Then we hung him out to dry. There's a lot of details in that maybe you might be too hateful to get. It';s okay. You da man.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
In todays NFL almost no RB is going to be getting a big 2nd contract. Getting tagged is the biggest deal they will get per year.
The position is pretty much dead in a passing league. We will instead see more guys like Debo who are utility swiss army knife guys who can do many things including line up at WR

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Taylor agrees to same contract as derek henry. 4 years, 50 million, 25 guaranteed.

Would you do it?
Lad, I was about to write "balderdash" but on further review I say "balderdash!"

Yeah, muddle up the waters, add drama and miff off Pollard fans. What could go wrong?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lost in this scenario is this:

What’s in it for the Colts?

Why would they trade for a running back that would cost them twice as much money?