Trade Zeke and get a decent corner

Beaker42

Reaction score
So now it's ...why did we pay Zeke so much......hmmmm? What happened to....get all ya can while ya can, it's a business.

So it does matter how much these guys make.

You never ever ever pay a RB big $$$$. these guys are a dime a dozen. TONS of running backs.
Look at this Tay’son Williams for Baltimore. I’d rather have him than the worthless Ewok.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Some Dallas fans forget that bad players we trade usually become good once they leave Dallas.

basel90

Reaction score
So now it's ...why did we pay Zeke so much......hmmmm? What happened to....get all ya can while ya can, it's a business.

So it does matter how much these guys make.

You never ever ever pay a RB big $$$$. these guys are a dime a dozen. TONS of running backs.
And you don’t ever pick a RB 4th overall !!!! Jerry and his delusions….
But Jerry won’t trade him and admit he made a colossal mistake because he drafted him. It is his project .
Please post sources of GMs and coaches not liking him. I would like to read that
Have you been following his atrocious PR record and trouble with the law and the league and history of suspensions and issues at college ? Not to mention his declining play and speed . Do some research .

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Holy Over-reaction!
The announcers touched on why we were throwing so much, and coaches and Dak commented the same.
  • TB has a stout run defense and we’re committing 8 guys in the box all game to make us one dimensional and sometimes blitz that extra guy at Dak
  • TB started missing their full starting secondary and then lost another CB during the game. We were taking advantage of a TB weakness rather than attacking their strength.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
if you want a guy just to block, why not just do what Seattle did a few years back and just trot out 6 offensive linemen?

No matter how you look at it Zeke is still more valuable than a decent corner. I wouldn’t trade him for a decent player in any position. Since Kellen Moore took over we’ve become pass happy. Watching the games yesterday it appears the entire league is become more pass happy. I believe there was only 4 or 5 RBs rush for over 100 yards Sunday. If Zeke’s role has been reduced to just a few carries a game and a blocker the Cowboys will either look to reduce his salary next season or move on from him. They won’t continue to pay him if this is how they’re going to continue to use him. In fairness he’s not being given many opportunities to get anything going. We’re a pass first team and often team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody is going to give us anything for Zeke and his ridiculous contract. Its our mistake and nobody is dumb enough to bail us out. We are stuck with Zeke through 2023 most likely..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy Over-reaction!
The announcers touched on why we were throwing so much, and coaches and Dak commented the same.
  • TB has a stout run defense and we’re committing 8 guys in the box all game to make us one dimensional and sometimes blitz that extra guy at Dak
  • TB started missing their full starting secondary and then lost another CB during the game. We were taking advantage of a TB weakness rather than attacking their strength.

I remember Jimmy Johnson saying something like that...........NEVER. We ran Emmitt Smith 20 times a game no matter what. You don't give up on the highest paid rb in the league and turn him into a blocking fullback b/c the other team has a good defensive line.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I was against paying Zeke when he held out 2 years early. I like Zeke a lot as a RB but think him and Moore are not a good combo. Moore looks lost in developing a run game and using RBs in passing routes.

sacase

Reaction score
And you don’t ever pick a RB 4th overall !!!! Jerry and his delusions….
But Jerry won’t trade him and admit he made a colossal mistake because he drafted him. It is his project .

Have you been following his atrocious PR record and trouble with the law and the league and history of suspensions and issues at college ? Not to mention his declining play and speed . Do some research .

So you don't have proof to back up your rediculous claims. Thanks.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
This D would be a lot better with DTs that could collapse the middle of the line and pressure the middle to collapse the pocket.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I want to see how the next few games play out. Zeke is supposed to be in better shape.
I just don't understand why this coaching staff doesn't úse their RBs in the passing game like the Saints would do with Kamara.
There was a time where Dallas run game looked like Cleveland's but it's faded.

basel90

Reaction score
So you don't have proof to back up your rediculous claims. Thanks.
seems you cannot read or do simple google searches. I cannot help you there , it is all over the web , and some cannot even be pasted due to the sites policiesw. It is ok . enjoy your zeke slobbering !!

GINeric

Reaction score
He hasnt. Played for NO his entire career save the last couple years. He is past the age where teams are going to give him anything long term. Great runner even late in his career. Carlos Hyde comes to mind.

He's played for the Saints, Ravens, and now Texans..... thats called bouncing around the league. If he's good as you feel he is, why didn't the Saints and Ravens resign him before he got to Houston??? Here's the answer.... because he's not on Zeke's level and never have been.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's played for the Saints, Ravens, and now Texans..... thats called bouncing around the league. If he's good as you feel he is, why didn't the Saints and Ravens resign him before he got to Houston??? Here's the answer.... because he's not on Zeke's level and never have been.

LOL........no thats not bouncing around. Playing for two other teams at the end of your career isnt bouncing. But you can pretend it is.

Saints have Kamara who blows away Zeke? Pathetic you dont even know that. Ravens spend a high pick on JK Dobbins. Looks like you dont know your football eh?

Just some butt hurt Zeke fan that cant handle his poor play?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He is on the team and not a trade option....Last week he showed alot of Mental fortitude to stay in that game going 15 to 20 plays between touches while keeping Dak upright....Do I think you pay RB's in todays NFL big money..no....has it already been done..yes. We have him he showed he is in it for the team this year...So LETS GO ZEKE I think this week we may get a 100 yarder from him.

GINeric

Reaction score
LOL........no thats not bouncing around. Playing for two other teams at the end of your career isnt bouncing. But you can pretend it is.

Saints have Kamara who blows away Zeke? Pathetic you dont even know that. Ravens spend a high pick on JK Dobbins. Looks like you dont know your football eh?

Just some butt hurt Zeke fan that cant handle his poor play?

I knew all about those players lil guy, but if he was that special, he wouldn't have bounced to two other teams. They would have used those picks elsewhere and signed Ingram to a long term contract. You had the audacity to say get rid of Zeke and bring in Ingram as if he could give the same production????

There's a book called football for Dummies. Go order every copy they put out and read them twice. Nice try tho lil guy!!

Cebrin

Reaction score
This isn’t 2016 anymore. Dak threw for more touchdowns, yards, and less interceptions than Rodgers and Mahomes did COMBINED against that same amazing defense in just 1 game compared to 2. We can win PLAYOFF games with his arm and a better defense.

:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I knew all about those players lil guy, but if he was that special, he wouldn't have bounced to two other teams. They would have used those picks elsewhere and signed Ingram to a long term contract. You had the audacity to say get rid of Zeke and bring in Ingram as if he could give the same production????

There's a book called football for Dummies. Go order every copy they put out and read them twice. Nice try tho lil guy!!

Who said anything about special? That is something you made up. LOL

Ingram is on the back of us his career genius. Why would anyone sign him long term? They are going to sign him when they have Kamara? Another really really dumb comment. You still dont know who these people are we are talking about obviously.

Just another pathetic Zeke apologist that cant handle the criticism.

How would you know about the book for dummies? LOL You must have read it.

Last edited: