Trade Zeke

kskboys

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be good. He has to be better than Dak and you can't get much worse than Dak at the moment.
Not true. If you're not getting a QB who can take you all the way, giving up resources to get him would be stupid.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not true. If you're not getting a QB who can take you all the way, giving up resources to get him would be stupid.
Well, I think he give us a better shot than Dak and that's better than doing nothing at all, IMO.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I would rather have Wentz , Goff , Bosa , Ramsey all over Zeke. But hey that’s how it goes with the Cowboys over the last 24 years.

I think why it gets so far under my skin is just the whole circumstance at that time. The FO spent so much time with the guy (more than anyone else), coupled with them watching Romo grimace in pain after every minor NFL hit, all the shots, surgeries, inability to run forwards anymore. I mean how much bigger can the writing on the wall get? Then due to these same circumstances they had such a high draft pick with him right there (basically gift wrapped from the football gods), and chose not to take it..

Then of course our arch rivals moving up ahead of us just icing..

Unbelievable.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the crying in this thread is about?

Zeke is an RB, he's not a great QB, an elite offensive or defensive lineman. He's an RB who goes as our offensive line goes. If you can get some high picks for him you should take it.

He's in his third season, and frankly, it started off as bad as it could. The problem isn't me wanting Zeke gone, it's just that he's an RB that will be wanting a ridiculous contract in a couple years at a position that you don't need to pay that much for production.

If a team is stupid enough to give a first round pick for him, I'd certainly let him go. I have no doubt we'd be able to replace him quickly without needing to use a first round pick on an RB.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Trade Zeke? No

On a serious note. I would trade for Jameis Winston in an instant.

Winston is worse than Dak. Unless you want him as a backup and to push Dak in practice? Tampa is much better off without Winston and if Fitzpatrick keeps playing like he did, they have a big decision to make. Because Fitzpatrick is much more accurate, especially down field.

aria

Reaction score
No RB is worth a top ten draft pick. Didn’t like the pick when it happened and still hate it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This team needs to build around its young defense and blow up this offense. I doubt we could get a 1st for him because of his regressions but maybe someone would be dumb enough to give a 2nd?

Zeke is a piece you need when you have a great QB and scheme. He’s the ultimate supplemental player. It won’t work with a crap QB and crap coach.
This makes the top 10 no doubt.

jay94

Reaction score
Running backs hold little trade value, it is way to early for this talk, that being said I want absolutely nothing to do with his second contract, franchise one year, good bye.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Running backs hold little trade value, it is way to early for this talk, that being said I want absolutely nothing to do with his second contract, franchise one year, good bye.

If this is what our offense is going to be (8-9 man boxes all season), do you think his value goes up or down? That is why it is not too early imo

vig454

Reaction score
Oh heck , I just blame myself for coming into a section named " drama zone" . The idiocy about Zeke regressing. Lol

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This thread is absolutely laughable.

1. You think all we would get for Ezekiel Elliot is a 2nd?
2. Ezekiel Elliott is regressing? What gave that away yesterday? A 4.5 yards per carry average on just 15 carries? Albeit against a constantly loaded box and no passing game all while being backed up inside his own 20 for 75% of the game?
3. Everyone that has seen Zeke prior to yesterday's game has talked about how great he looks, let alone regressing. I saw no regression, I saw poor o-line play, no offensive balance against 1 of the better defenses in the league in the rain and on the road backed in our 20 yard line constantly.

LMAO, I see your screen name so maybe you're just having fun in sarcasm but if you are actually serious just wait till the next game and you'll be saying he's better than Barkley who is a stud and just went 2nd overall. By the way, that's who we play next week.
Being this is a family forum you never know what a poster's age is. Nuff said.:muttley:

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Let me ask the obvious question. What are we accepting in a trade of Zeke?

Any thought's?

I certainly wouldn't accept anything less than a 1st. What teams are trade partners?

The Raiders?
Colts?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, I think he give us a better shot than Dak and that's better than doing nothing at all, IMO.
He really doesn't. Winston is terrible. Dak has been pretty bad himself, but at least he has some upside. Winston is getting worse.