Trade Zeke

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak hasn’t accomplished anything either but you don’t see me making excuses for him. I also won’t reside in the land of make believe after he is gone like you Romo hanger-ons do. How’s the rent there, BTW?

Of course you make excuses for Dak, through Romo. I know it’s simply hard to admit the reality, but facts are facts as the articles I quoted above show. Romo started influencing game planning, Garrett was being revoked of duties, the RG happened, Romo played at an MVP level.

If we hang on to Romo, what does that say about you and your hate affair with Romo?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Of course you make excuses for Dak, through Romo. I know it’s simply hard to admit the reality, but facts are facts as the articles I quoted above show. Romo started influencing game planning, Garrett was being revoked of duties, the RG happened, Romo played at an MVP level.

If we hang on to Romo, what does that say about you and your hate affair with Romo?
I do not have a problem admitting I hate Romo, Dez and Zeke. I am not one of those liars who try to act like I don’t hate them.

I do find it funny how you hypocrites have two different standards for the QBs. You excuse Romo and blame Dak for the exact same action. But you guys will say anything to try and win an argument over opinions.

khiladi

Reaction score
I do not have a problem admitting I hate Romo, Dez and Zeke. I am not one of those liars who try to act like I don’t hate them.

I do find it funny how you hypocrites have two different standards for the QBs. You excuse Romo and blame Dak for the exact same action. But you guys will say anything to try and win an argument over opinions.

let me repeat it.... Facts above demonstrate completely different scenarios. Those are simply facts. Dak would never survive under the 31st ranked rushing attack with Garrett and bottom of the league in play action usage.

That’s the reality. Ever since Dak has come on board, he’s been coddled. He’s had an all pro line. He couldn’t do anything without Cooper, was setting records in futility. Couldn’t even survive if one OL was out.

aria

Reaction score
See this shows that you lack reading comprehension. Because ive stated why i dont think the OL was number 2. And it has nothing to do with the unit. And i dont discredit stats, that come with context.

My respect for Elliot comes because he's a RB who doesnt have to come off the field. There isnt a RB in the league who does that except for him. I talk about his 1300 yrds 12 td yr because it says just how good he is doing that when opposing defense know the plays. See me pointing out the incompetent coaching is what you call context. Not just throwing out a stat and saying here you go the points proven. The coaching put the OL and Elliot and Dak in a hole because they refused to adjust in game. They had their plays and said im going to keep calling the game like this and thats that.

Players and coaches interviews post game back up everything im typing. You just refuse to accept it because your stubborn.
Don’t lecture me on reading comprehension when you clearly cant even use the English language.

There isn’t a RB in the league who does what ewok does because of the play calling. Barkley and several other RB’s are out there just as much as zeke and are having to work a lot harder due to their bad O line and teammates.

I don’t recall Barkley or Henry asking to be taken out of a game on a critical down (or any down) because they were too tired, do you? I don’t recall any top RB quitting on a play like zeke did in Denver, do you?

So now you’re blaming coaching on the offensive lines performance? Can you make any more excuses? Do you realize how fortunate zeke has been in college and thee NFL compared to almost every other RB?

I hope you don’t go through your life every day making as many excuses for yourself as you do zeke and the rest of the team. Absolutely pathetic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like i said, these PFF stats youre talking about are worthless. If you watch the games you know they didnt play like the 2nd best OL in the league. Why? Because of the scheme. Because of the predictability of the plays. The Cowboys werent the number 1 offense in the league because of the run game. Why? Because the team would abandon the run alot of time in the first quarter. Alot of the time Elliot would have a big first drive then for whatever reason Moore would sprinkle runs in here and there. I seriously have to wonder if you even watched games or were you in the game threads crying. Because anybody who watched the games would not call the OL even a top 5 group in the run game. But not because of their ability but because the playcalling putting them in bad situations. And because Moore would just not run the ball period.

I can see in your posts you start throwing hissy fits when your attempts to prove point simply by stats. So this was expected, My advise is watch the games, because stats dont tell the whole story. Stats need context. When you understand this you'll see it. Until then your arguments will get picked apart.

Here's what I don't get Mr. Mind.....and I've already mentioned it a few times. EVERYone....just ripping Garrett and his staff up one side and down the other...for several years now. Why? Play calling, scheming....game management...a host of things. He's gone...FINALLY..and we should be ecstatic!

It *should* mean all of our players will become more effective, efficient, and proficient. But we sit here quibbling that our players weren't effective enough. Well...certain players. Well...so Coach Garrett hurt our team.....critically. Everyone except Zeke that was all his own fault.

I don't get it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
let me repeat for you one more time.. Facts above demonstrate completely different scenarios. Dak would never survive under the 31st ranked rushing attack with Garrett and bottom of the league in play action usage.
You’re still making excuses for being a hypocrite. A bad pass is a bad pass regardless of it was thrown by Romo or Dak. You guys make excuses for Romo yet blame Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 years from now we’ll be talking about how stupid our front office is for keeping another player 1 or 2 years too long.

But honestly nobody would trade for him anyways... tell me one team that would trade the farm for Zeke? My guess is nobody.

You could say this about just about anybody in the NFL right now. It just doesn't happen all that much. A lot of teams that would want to, can't. Who wouldn't want Mahomes? But trade the farm? Tough.

khiladi

Reaction score
You’re still making excuses for being a hypocrite. A bad pass is a bad pass regardless of it was thrown by Romo or Dak. You guys make excuses for Romo yet blame Dak.

A bad pass is a bad pass.. Who is defending a bad pass? We blame Dak for being average while being surrounded by a complete team.. those are the facts..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t lecture me on reading comprehension when you clearly cant even use the English language.

There isn’t a RB in the league who does what ewok does because of the play calling. Barkley and several other RB’s are out there just as much as zeke and are having to work a lot harder due to their bad O line and teammates.

I don’t recall Barkley or Henry asking to be taken out of a game on a critical down (or any down) because they were too tired, do you? I don’t recall any top RB quitting on a play like zeke did in Denver, do you?

So now you’re blaming coaching on the offensive lines performance? Can you make any more excuses? Do you realize how fortunate zeke has been in college and thee NFL compared to almost every other RB?

I hope you don’t go through your life every day making as many excuses for yourself as you do zeke and the rest of the team. Absolutely pathetic.

And I, for one, would hope you don't attack other human beings in the same vicious and constant way you do zeke, Kinda pathetic too.

All these player are fortunate in many ways. Many have worked VERY hard all their lives too. Zeke has been a good player for us.....let's cut him some slack and see what MM can do with him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A bad pass is a bad pass.. Who is defending a bad pass? We blame Dak for being average while being surrounded by a complete team.. those are the facts..
Those aren’t facts. They are twisted opinions. You specifically choose to defend Romo against criticism while choosing to bash Dak. That’s on you. I have yet to see you blame Romo for anything nor defend Dak for anything, ever. Even when we discussed the 2007 game where I pointed out Romo missed Owens open in the red zone, you said yeah but he had to throw from and awkward angle. There is always some excuse with him. And you will always bash Dak, even when he plays well. You have to ask yourself why. Just need to admit you hate him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Those aren’t facts. They are twisted opinions. You specifically choose to defend Romo against criticism while choosing to bash Dak. That’s on you. I have yet to see you blame Romo for anything nor defend Dak for anything, ever. Even when we discussed the 2007 game where I pointed out Romo missed Owens open in the red zone, you said yeah but he had to throw from and awkward angle. There is always some excuse with him. And you will always bash Dak, even when he plays well. You have to ask yourself why. Just need to admit you hate him.

You are now on imaginary la la land. Dak is surrounded by a complete team. When he didn’t have Zeke, he was awful. When he didn’t have Cooper he was awful and was settling QC records of futility. When he didn’t have Smith, he was awful.

aria

Reaction score

All day long! I 100% guarantee that if zeke played for another team, and we had Barkley, McCaffrey, etc instead, then the homers who support zeke now and continue to make excuses for him would be singing a different tune and claim Barkley, McCaffrey, etc were the best.

I’m sure they would also be bashing him for his off the field behavior instead of minimizing it and border line condoning it. It amazes me how a jersey changes so many people’s personal standards and/or opinions, it says more about the person than the player.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
All day long! I 100% guarantee that if zeke played for another team, and we had Barkley, McCaffrey, etc instead, then the homers who support zeke now and continue to make excuses for him would be singing a different tune and claim Barkley, McCaffrey, etc were the best.

I’m sure they would also be bashing him for his off the field behavior instead of minimizing it and border line condoning it. It amazes me how a jersey changes so many people’s personal standards and/or opinions, it says more about the person than the player.
Exactly. Put Zeke on the Giants and he is bottled up.

khiladi

Reaction score

More nonsense..

Barkley is a home run hitter that can’t get tough yards consistently. Five of all of his 100 yard games in his senior year all had a 50 yard run. The Giants got Barkley to try and soften the two-deep zone that defenders were using against them all too often to get more man on the outside looks, and he couldn’t do it. He’s the epitome of what one calls a stat-padder as it currently stands.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2018/10/saquon_barkley_giants_need_to_see_soft_zone_covera.html

Zeke has been forcing men in the box since he’s come here.

as I said about McCaffery, the Panthers were 28th in runs on first down, while Dallas was 11, meaning predictability and that was only marred by the fact Dallas was playing from behind. The three previous years with Zeke, they were 1, 3 and 6 on runs on first down, meaning predictability.

And if you want to talk about Zeke’s mediocre anomaly in the red zone, 2018, he was basically as efficient as Henry and McCaffery. If Zeke sucked, all three of them sucked.

Last edited:

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Jerry made a mistake by signing Zeke but not Dak.
I agree.. But Zeke forced Jerry's hand by holding out. Jerry and Son gave into the public outcry of not taking care of the "Best RB in the League". For the sake of us all, hopefully he will play like the best back this season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Here's what I don't get Mr. Mind.....and I've already mentioned it a few times. EVERYone....just ripping Garrett and his staff up one side and down the other...for several years now. Why? Play calling, scheming....game management...a host of things. He's gone...FINALLY..and we should be ecstatic!

It *should* mean all of our players will become more effective, efficient, and proficient. But we sit here quibbling that our players weren't effective enough. Well...certain players. Well...so Coach Garrett hurt our team.....critically. Everyone except Zeke that was all his own fault.

I don't get it.
I dont get what ur saying. What was elliots fault?

Adreme

Reaction score
Fun fact about trades, for cap purposes they function the same as cutting a player meaning that in order to Trade Zeke you would incur an additional 24 million in dead money making his total dead money cap hit about 35 million for him to not play. Now that would be great for the team trading for him who would have him for I believe 6.8 million then 9.6 million then 12.4 million then 10.9 then 10. This is not a nothing contract but for someone of his talent it is a fairly cheap deal so obviously other NFL teams would take it but you would have cut multiple player to make any trade work.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
2 years from now we’ll be talking about how stupid our front office is for keeping another player 1 or 2 years too long.

But honestly nobody would trade for him anyways... tell me one team that would trade the farm for Zeke? My guess is nobody.
Only the jones boys would pay elliot 15 mil a year lol.
We are stuck with him.
the one way to trade him though would be for another player, like jamal adams, and even the jets might not want him due
to the cost.
But that way no picks for adams, just ol elliott !
It would be funny to see ewok playing in the cold weather in NY, in open stadium.