Trade Zeke

blueblood70

Reaction score
You not thinking about the business side of the NFL. No team is going to "love" him so much to take on that contract. You are looking at "Pro Cowboy" and not "Pro NFL". Like you said, the RB position is a dying position, and not worth taking on a $90 million RB contract; no matter what team you want to trade him to. Also, what is the guarantee that the other team will at least make a wildcard spot if they pick him and his contract up? Teams will put all of this before paying for him.

Yes, we know that his is a 25 year old kid with money in his pocket. He was getting in trouble at Ohio State. This means that Uncle Jerry knew exactly what he was getting when he drafted him; a silly problem child that likes to eat. He gained weight since him going to Mexico. If you look at him, he put on a stomach and an extra chin. This means that he is not taking his job or Jerrys' money seriously.

You right, he DONT have the elite focus, drive, or hunger for winning. He is not Emmitt Smith. Its a different generation of kids; and in his defense, he hasn't grown up yet; even with 90 million in his pocket. The 90 million didn't and won't turn him into a choir boy. At this point he is what he is: a big kid, that is unfocused, who gains weight easy, that's 25, and overpaid. Jerry paid a king's ransom paying him before Dak.

Also, if we were serious about sharing the load, we would have drafted a RB in the draft. Having a 3-headed monster would put pressure on Zeke because he would know that he is getting carries taken away from him and not getting the touches. Chunn and Dowdle are not ready for the workload.

Dyeing , thats odd bid deals being handed out and special RBS still taken in the first round of late..maybe offenses have took to the air but the RB position is still very important, do you not find it odd its STILL the first priority of a defense, STOP THE RUN..WHY IS THAT?

need more depth at RB...sorry, NO... they signed an athletic FB that can handle those what 2 touches a game LOL

zeke fat? dumbest narrative on here , gained what 5lbs, where the actual proof ie a scale? hes always been big , thats why hes durable..ive seen many pictures to dispute the other pictures at odd angles that make him appear fat that says he was not..he worked out hard in cabo even if it wasnt football shape, he was trying ..he had a great year for any RB sans himself who fans here want to compare rookie zeke to 5th year zeke..I saw him finish the year strong stretching , cutting back etc. the only time he looks slow is when there no hole and he has to hesitate going up the middle for the 15th time each game.. last season when he found a rhythm and there was holes he was confident there was going to be a hole there e, he looked like old zeke to me, led the league in first half yards and many of those games he was getting 5ypc and 2nd half bad play calling and Daks Contract plays from KM took a lot of yards away from Zeke as well as TDs because the goal line offensive play calling was atrocious..zeks fine , hes still a weapon..

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
He’s a transcendent player at top form (which for him starts about game 5 or 6), and we don’t have an adequate replacement. I actually like the guy in a way, and feel like he’d be a cool friend. But part if what makes him seem like able is his extremely laid back, happy go lucky mentality, which just keeps getting him into trouble. It’s constant! He’s an elite athlete, no doubt, but he doesn’t have elite (perhaps not even average) focus, drive, or hunger for winning. He might not get suspended for this “faded” thing, but he is in the news for something mildly or severely negative all the time, the threat of suspension is constantly over him, he’s already been suspended—which hurt the team a lot— and I think he’s likely to be suspended again at some point for something. He’s also only getting older, and the only way to mitigate the pace of Father Time at his demanding position is to have elite conditioning and elite training... which by now he clearly is not interested in doing.

At RB, a cheaper player only one or two tiers below him could be found. McCarthy’s scheme will not truly need or utilize his strengths as a ground and pound player anyway. I think the trade return we get for him and the cap savings would add up to a net benefit over the talent drop off at RB, especially given the relatively low importance of this position in modern NFL. The biggest benefit to the team, however, would be in removing the chaos, disruptions, and reliance on an unreliable player who’s out of shape for a quarter of the season even when he’s not suspended or potentially suspended.
You make it sound so attractive for potential trade partners.

He's here for the next couple of season at least.

aria

Reaction score
Wow:omg: you are a POS
Other than the broken back part he’s right. It’s sad that this team has been so pathetic that some fans cling to a QB who failed on the biggest stages and put him on a pedestal for essentially accomplishing nothing. Zeke is Romo 2.0.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow:omg: you are a POS

That’s really not what happened. Romo got a new contract and Jason Garrett got play-calling duties stripper from him, starting after 2012 when they were dead last in rushing attempts. Jason’s brother as passing game coordinator was also let go. Jerry started giving more power to Romo. The running game is actually a product of Romo gaining more influence. As I said in another post:

The comedy is people trying to hold Dak to the same standards as Romo, when with Romo:

1. JG was actually OC
2. Hudson Houck and man blocking scheme was in place and JG had free runner blitzes coming at Romo all day long.
3. JG couldn’t field a RG to save his life and Dallas was generally bottom of the league in play action passing usage. They were 31st in 2012 in rushing when all was said and done.
4. Romo wasn’t even allowed in early game planning meetings until Garrett had to relinquish play calling duties
5. Dak had an all-pro line that Played together a minimum of three years and has had a top 3 OL and rushing game, that allowed Linehan to completely simplify the offense, which used plenty of play action, for Dak from the very beginning. They were top 3 in play action usage on Dak’s first year. Unheard of for the Cowboys play calling.
6. Jerry started to have Romo basically a coach in 2013-2014 with his input and that’s the roots of the current run heavy offense.
7. JG kept interfering in 2013 With Callahan, until Jerry finally banished him and brought in Linehan so Dallas didn’t have to change the terminology on offense.
8. Frederick was picked because of Callahan and Romo and this is when Jerry started revamping the interior line. Jerry himself said that he asked Romo about Frederick.

In the Cowboys' first preseason game, the first game in seven years in which GARRETT DID NOT CALL PLAYS, Dallas ran 34 times compared to only 24 pass plays (21 attempts, and three sacks). It is too early to know if that ratio will hold up, but Romo took the Hall of Fame Game stats as a positive sign for an offense that so often found itself trailing in games in 2012. A more balanced offense early could help take pressure of Romo to make all the plays late.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2013/08/08/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys/2634049/

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...nsive-game-calling-role-dallas-cowboys-051413

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry wasted a decade of catering to his adopted son Jason Garrett, who was clearly over his head, whether as a OC and play caller or a HC, instead of actual success on the football field. Even the Dallas media was contributing to this ridiculous infatuation.

The last impact of Garrett and his power play was seen in “Dak-friendly”, wasting four years when the SB window was already there when Zeke was unstoppable his first year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That’s really not what happened. Romo got a new contract and Jason Garrett got play-calling duties stripper from him, starting after 2012 when they were dead last in rushing attempts. Jason’s brother as passing game coordinator was also let go. Jerry started giving more power to Romo. The running game is actually a product of Romo gaining more influence. As I said in another post:

The comedy is people trying to hold Dak to the same standards as Romo, when with Romo:

1. JG was actually OC
2. Hudson Houck and man blocking scheme was in place and JG had free runner blitzes coming at Romo all day long.
3. JG couldn’t field a RG to save his life and Dallas was generally bottom of the league in play action passing usage. They were 31st in 2012 in rushing when all was said and done.
4. Romo wasn’t even allowed in early game planning meetings until Garrett had to relinquish play calling duties
5. Dak had an all-pro line that Played together a minimum of three years and has had a top 3 OL and rushing game, that allowed Linehan to completely simplify the offense, which used plenty of play action, for Dak from the very beginning. They were top 3 in play action usage on Dak’s first year. Unheard of for the Cowboys play calling.
6. Jerry started to have Romo basically a coach in 2013-2014 with his input and that’s the roots of the current run heavy offense.
7. JG kept interfering in 2013 With Callahan, until Jerry finally banished him and brought in Linehan so Dallas didn’t have to change the terminology on offense.
8. Frederick was picked because of Callahan and Romo and this is when Jerry started revamping the interior line. Jerry himself said that he asked Romo about Frederick.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2013/08/08/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys/2634049/

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...nsive-game-calling-role-dallas-cowboys-051413
Valiant effort. Romo was a loser, plain and simple. We should have drafted Rodgers instead of relying on Rudy. We would have have 6 or 7 by now.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
are you done? I have stats to prove what I say, do you?

You’re a joke. The O line wasn’t good at blocking? Is that why they were ranked the second best run blocking O line in the league? You want to talk about scheme when the the Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league? I could go on and on and on but clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about. Try again, you’re arguments blow and you’re not worth another a key stroke.

Like i said, these PFF stats youre talking about are worthless. If you watch the games you know they didnt play like the 2nd best OL in the league. Why? Because of the scheme. Because of the predictability of the plays. The Cowboys werent the number 1 offense in the league because of the run game. Why? Because the team would abandon the run alot of time in the first quarter. Alot of the time Elliot would have a big first drive then for whatever reason Moore would sprinkle runs in here and there. I seriously have to wonder if you even watched games or were you in the game threads crying. Because anybody who watched the games would not call the OL even a top 5 group in the run game. But not because of their ability but because the playcalling putting them in bad situations. And because Moore would just not run the ball period.

I can see in your posts you start throwing hissy fits when your attempts to prove point simply by stats. So this was expected, My advise is watch the games, because stats dont tell the whole story. Stats need context. When you understand this you'll see it. Until then your arguments will get picked apart.

khiladi

Reaction score
You mean excuses?

Jerry gave Romo the power and the offense was completely revamped. It’s right there and you read it and that’s why I’m asking you how much you were grinding your teeth reading these facts.

So now Rodgers would have gotten 6 or 7 with Garrett, but could only get 1 with our current HC, who replaced Garrett... rich...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Jerry gave Romo the power and the offense was completely revamped. It’s right there and you read it and that’s why I’m asking you how much you were grinding your teeth reading these facts.

So now Rodgers would have gotten 6 or 7 with Garrett, but could only get 1 with our current HC, who replaced Garrett... rich...
Rodgers definitely would have gotten us one. Romo was an overrated bum. Rodgers was still teaching Romo how to throw the ball at the Pro Bowl following the 2014 season, the season Romo lovers claim he figured everything out. Romo needs excuses because he couldn’t deliver on the field.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rodgers definitely would have gotten us one. Romo was an overrated bum. Rodgers was still teaching Romo how to throw the ball at the Pro Bowl following the 2014 season, the season Romo lovers claim he figured everything out. Romo needs excuses because he couldn’t deliver on the field.

so you’ve gone from 6 or 7 to 1. That’s cute..

But how much were you grinding your teeth reading all those facts above. It’s not opinion, it’s fact..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
so you’ve gone from 6 or 7 to 1. That’s cute..

But how much were you grinding your teeth reading all those facts above. It’s not opinion, it’s fact..
I am laughing at your constant excuses. You are an excuse maker, for Zeke, Dez and Dak. Neither can accomplish anything.

khiladi

Reaction score
I am laughing at your constant excuses. You are an excuse maker, for Zeke, Dez and Dak. Neither can accomplish anything.

Nah, your grinding your teeth at those facts to the point you’ve got Dak not accomplishing anything now in the mix...

aria

Reaction score
Like i said, these PFF stats youre talking about are worthless. If you watch the games you know they didnt play like the 2nd best OL in the league. Why? Because of the scheme. Because of the predictability of the plays. The Cowboys werent the number 1 offense in the league because of the run game. Why? Because the team would abandon the run alot of time in the first quarter. Alot of the time Elliot would have a big first drive then for whatever reason Moore would sprinkle runs in here and there. I seriously have to wonder if you even watched games or were you in the game threads crying. Because anybody who watched the games would not call the OL even a top 5 group in the run game. But not because of their ability but because the playcalling putting them in bad situations. And because Moore would just not run the ball period.

I can see in your posts you start throwing hissy fits when your attempts to prove point simply by stats. So this was expected, My advise is watch the games, because stats dont tell the whole story. Stats need context. When you understand this you'll see it. Until then your arguments will get picked apart.
Ahhh...so the PFF stats are worthless but common sense isn’t? Zeke getting the most yards doesn’t make him the best RB. What about all the other stats that have to do with the individual (ie broken tackles, yards after catch, yards after contact, forced tackles misses, 10+ yard runs, etc) are those all worthless too?

I’ve watched plenty of games which is why I know zeke had a lot more room to run than most other RB’s. So you don’t think this O line is that great, have you watched what Barkley is running behind? What about Bell? Give me a break dude, you discredit all stats but the one and only one that supports your love affair with zeke which is total yards which also happens to be the most worthless stats when comparing the skill level of running backs.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nah, your grinding your teeth at those facts to the point you’ve got Dak not accomplishing anything now in the mix...
Dak hasn’t accomplished anything either but you don’t see me making excuses for him. I also won’t reside in the land of make believe after he is gone like you Romo hanger-ons do. How’s the rent there, BTW?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I’ve watched plenty of games which is why I know zeke had a lot more room to run than most other RB’s. So you don’t think this O line is that great, have you watched what Barkley is running behind? What about Bell? Give me a break dude, you discredit all stats but the one and only one that supports your love affair with zeke which is total yards which also happens to be the most worthless stats when comparing the skill level of running backs.

See this shows that you lack reading comprehension. Because ive stated why i dont think the OL was number 2. And it has nothing to do with the unit. And i dont discredit stats, that come with context.

My respect for Elliot comes because he's a RB who doesnt have to come off the field. There isnt a RB in the league who does that except for him. I talk about his 1300 yrds 12 td yr because it says just how good he is doing that when opposing defense know the plays. See me pointing out the incompetent coaching is what you call context. Not just throwing out a stat and saying here you go the points proven. The coaching put the OL and Elliot and Dak in a hole because they refused to adjust in game. They had their plays and said im going to keep calling the game like this and thats that.

Players and coaches interviews post game back up everything im typing. You just refuse to accept it because your stubborn.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
2 years from now we’ll be talking about how stupid our front office is for keeping another player 1 or 2 years too long.

But honestly nobody would trade for him anyways... tell me one team that would trade the farm for Zeke? My guess is nobody.