Trading up for Burrows makes sense

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're missing my point. You are smart enough to think Dak is "average" but you want the Bengals to trade for him. Its moronic lol. Saying Dak is average doesn't hit a nerve. There's a argument for that. The nerve you hit is saying he's trash but want a team to trade for him. That type of idiocy does hit a nerve for some reason lol.

I'm not missing your point i called the Bengals inept...remember

75boyz

Reaction score
I love these Dak hating threads. It offs just another opportunity for the Ignorant mouth breathers to identify themselves. God bless you on this holy day.

I love these Dak loving threads of fellow Cowboys fans. Love thy neighbor as you do yourself. I read that somewhere.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
So giving up three 1st round picks for an unproven rookie who won't come close to Daks stellar stats is the right choice?

WOW

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I favor Burrow and a cheap contract vs Dak and 35+ million.

I would also favor Dak and a cheap contract vs Burrow and 35+ million.

Talent for talent? Not other factor? I’ll gamble on Burrow being a better player then Dak.. Of course he is going to the worst situation in football so Dak has a big advantage going forward.
I mean I get why you'd make that gamble. We have no history of Burrow. He's the unknown. Gamblers go with the unknown over the proven which is why gambling exists. IF everyone betted on the proven there would be no gambling.

And you aren't trading just Dak for a cheap contract. You are gambling on trading multiple picks including at least 2 first rounders that could be 2 starters for you in the hope of finding a quarterback you hope produces as well as Dak does. So then you go through the cycle once again of hoping Burrows is that guy and wasting 2 or 3 years of your prime because you are once again searching and praying he's Patrick Mahomes when there's only one Patrick Mahomes.

Seems like a smarter gamble is to find another Dak in the later rounds and keep your 1st rounders.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
If the Cowboys could trade up for Joe Burrow instead of signing Dak it makes better sense.
Burrows would then be under a rookie contract for five years, with a new and capable head coach in Mike McCarthy, and Kellen Moore leading the offense. The Cowboys would save big money compared to giving a big contract to a still unproven Dak Prescott.
The offensive line is still strong, and Zeke is still powerful.
In the short term and the long, trading up for Burrows is a no-brainer.
And signing Case Keenum would give them solid depth for a championship run by 2021.
It makes good sense every way you look at it.
I am not at all wanting the FO to pay Dak $40 million per year but trading away 6 premium picks for 1 guy does not make sense. We have MANY holes on defense and we need them picks to fill them!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If the Cowboys could trade up for Joe Burrow instead of signing Dak it makes better sense.
Burrows would then be under a rookie contract for five years, with a new and capable head coach in Mike McCarthy, and Kellen Moore leading the offense. The Cowboys would save big money compared to giving a big contract to a still unproven Dak Prescott.
The offensive line is still strong, and Zeke is still powerful.
In the short term and the long, trading up for Burrows is a no-brainer.
And signing Case Keenum would give them solid depth for a championship run by 2021.
It makes good sense every way you look at it.
It actually makes 100% no sense. The Cowboys cannot afford to give up the future for a rookie QB. They are contenders now. Losing a couple of first round picks and more for a rookie will put the brakes on any hope for contention now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So giving up three 1st round picks for an unproven rookie who won't come close to Daks stellar stats is the right choice?

WOW
That's the genius of this all lol.

They want to trade 3 1st rounders for a unproven prospect.
They will waste 2 or 3 years to see if he can someday produce as well as Dak has.
They waste 2 or 3 years of guys who are currently in their prime and by the time Burrows develops....IF He develops....they will have to somehow find replacements for Lawrence, Zeke,etc. by then because they will either be heading for retirement or at the end of their prime.

Its just silly logic that only the CZone brass can come up with lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
s
It actually makes 100% no sense. The Cowboys cannot afford to give up the future for a rookie QB. They are contenders now. Losing a couple of first round picks and more for a rookie will put the brakes on any hope for contention now.

It would kill us for the future and present. That's a effective way to ruin your future and present. You're trying to develop Burrow without the premium picks you'd need to make your team better.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
s

It would kill us for the future and present. That's a effective way to ruin your future and present. You're trying to develop Burrow without the premium picks you'd need to make your team better.

Or you stick Burrow into the same kind of situation Dak was in as a rookie (stud running back, #1 WR solid #2 and 3 WR, great O-Line to protect him and a D that is at least as good as the one we had in 2016) Why is it that you don't think a 1st round QB like Burrows wouldn't be able to succeed in that situation when a 4th round comp pick back in 2016 could? With the money you save on Dak's deal you could sign a couple of very good FA for the D

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not missing your point i called the Bengals inept...remember
You called them inept but just because you say that doesn't make it proven fact. What inept moves have they made? The worst move they made was sticking with Marvin Lewis too long. They are a cheap organization. They've had far more success than the Cowboys the past 20+ years. They could be calling us the inept ones.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You called them inept but just because you say that doesn't make it proven fact. What inept moves have they made? The worst move they made was sticking with Marvin Lewis too long. They are a cheap organization. They've had far more success than the Cowboys the past 20+ years. They could be calling us the inept ones.
Just like you saying they are not does not make it a fact. It is my opinion that they are an inept organization hence my original post

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
or you stick Burrow into the same kind of situation Dak was in as a rookie (stud running back, #1 WR solid #2 and 3 WR, great O-Line to protect him and a D that is at least as good as the one we had in 2016) Why is it that you don't think a 1st round QB like Burrows wouldn't be able to succeed in that situation when a 4th round comp pick back in 2016 could? With the money you save on Dak's deal you could sign a couple of very good FA for the D
Because all guys aren't the same. I don't take the approach of "Well...since Dak did it anyone can". That silly approach is what had people thinking Joseph Randle could run behind this line just because Demarco could. And no matter what they have on offense its moot if you don't have a defense and the only way to get it to a playoff level defense is by drafting.

Using your argument though why do I need Burrow? Why not draft a quarterback in the 3rd round? He should succeed too right since Dak did?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
s

Giving up 3 first rounders would be stupid.

The only logical trade for Dallas is if for some stupid reason the Bengals would swap 1s, take Dak, then trade next years 1 with an extra 2 or 3 thrown in there somewhere.

We would have to give up a player and our only potential asset would be Dak if he holds any trade value.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

When did that happen? Last I saw the Cowboys they were finishing 8-8 and not in the playoffs.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok what makes them inept? You still haven't said...........

You said they have been much more successful than us the last 20 years

Bengals 145-174-1 win loss record the last 20 years from 2000 until 2019....7 playoff appearances with an 0-7 record
Cowboys 168-152 win loss record the last 20 years from 2000 until 2019....7 playoff appearances with an 3-7 record

neither is great but one team is clearly more inept than the other

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The season can’t start soon enough. This silliness will come to an end.