Trading up for Burrows makes sense

morat1959

Reaction score
Come with facts not fantasy dreams regurgitated by forum haters. Dak has contributed in beating many good teams including the rams decidedly last season. He has proven this, what you're doing is saying he can't beat top teams when in reality there are stats that have shown how many of the times he wasn't the victorious QB the blame could be spread around to many players. Lets fact the facts of what we've seen here for a second, when coaching has been good, and everyone comes to play Dak is a standout. For the life of me I don't understand how some of you don't take into account the moral of the team because of our horrendous coaching.

When Dak was flying high last season just about everyone on this forum was jumping on his bandwagon. As soon as he has a couple of bad to subpar games mixed with some bad coaching outings he sucks again... I'm just thakful you guys are talent evaluators.
His flying high last season consisted of the first 3 games vs garbage teams. Check his record vs winning teams and coming back when we were down at the half in games. There’s some facts for you.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And when Dak is out of the league in 3 years, I look forward to stepping on your head... if anyone can find you while you’re hiding under your rock.
I don’t know who’s going to be “bitter”. Every one is expecting him to get signed, so it’s not like people aren’t prepared. Fans can’t really control what Jerry does... we just roll with the punches.
Lol. I love this guy!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak ranked fourth in total QBR last season only behind Brees, Mahomes and Lamar Jackson and we have a few fans who want to trade the farm to move up to the number one overall pick to select a QB who’s not even the consensus number one QB. It’s getting crazier here by the day.

joshjwp

Reaction score
Once you see what Cincinnati is asking for you won't think it makes sense anymore. And you are throwing 2020 away along with your 2021 and maybe 2022 1st round picks.

It would make more sense to let Dak sign with another team and play the season with Cooper Rush at QB. Then when the team finishes 1-15, they will have the first pick in next year's draft when they can take to top QB prospect coming out in 2021. And they would keep all their other draft picks.

I've said all along this would be my plan. Franchise Dak and trade him. Tank 1 year. Then draft Lawrence. Plus you would have the picks you got for Dak to build the D.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak ranked fourth in total QBR last season only behind Brees, Mahomes and Lamar Jackson and we have a few fans who want to trade the farm to move up to the number one overall pick to select a QB who’s not even the consensus number one QB. It’s getting crazier here by the day.

Yeah because he scored almost half of his Touchdowns against the Giants and Commanders who were 2 of the worst teams in football.

Some of us aren’t as willing to ignore the lack of offense in big games.

Also, he had almost no playoff success on his rookie deal.. Not a good sign.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If the Cowboys could trade up for Joe Burrow instead of signing Dak it makes better sense.
Burrows would then be under a rookie contract for five years, with a new and capable head coach in Mike McCarthy, and Kellen Moore leading the offense. The Cowboys would save big money compared to giving a big contract to a still unproven Dak Prescott.
The offensive line is still strong, and Zeke is still powerful.
In the short term and the long, trading up for Burrows is a no-brainer.
And signing Case Keenum would give them solid depth for a championship run by 2021.
It makes good sense every way you look at it.

So you want to basically do what the Commanders did to get RGIII - That worked out great for them eh?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah because he scored almost half of his Touchdowns against the Giants and Commanders who were 2 of the worst teams in football.

Also, he had almost no playoff success on his rookie deal.. Not a good sign.
IMO, only the '16 team deserved to go further.

But I look at team, not one guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The Cowboys ranked number one in total offense last season and Dak’s production was the main reason. He had to carry us in a few games. He was only 5 yards off of setting a franchise record for passing yards in a season. He had 400 yards passing three times and missed by only 3 yards of passing for 400 yards in four games. Only two QBs tossed more TD passes than he did last season. He’s been improving every season and you’re willing to trade him along with two first round picks for the number one overall pick. :laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IMO, only the '16 team deserved to go further.

But I look at team, not one guy.

I do too.. The team isn’t good enough and it’s not going to be good enough by paying this guy like he is something he is not and something he proved he couldn’t do during the most optimal part of his deal.

You need a lot to win a championship with Dak Prescott as your QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys ranked number one in total offense last season and Dak’s production was the main reason. He had to carry us in a few games. He was only 5 yards off of setting a franchise record for passing yards in a season. He had 400 yards passing three times and missed by only 3 yards of passing for 400 yards in four games. Only two QBs tossed more TD passes than he did last season. He’s been improving every season and you’re willing to trade him along with two first round picks for the number one overall pick. :laugh:

Yeah.. Because he inflated his numbers on 2 terrible teams.. Like I said.. Almost half of his TDs came against 2 opponents.. Let’s ignore that though lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You need a lot to win a championship with Dak Prescott as your QB.

You are dead wrong he’s not a QB that has to be carried! What games have you been watching the past four seasons?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah.. Because he inflated his numbers on 2 terrible teams.. Like I said.. Almost half of his TDs came against 2 opponents.. Let’s ignore that though lol.

He put up almost 400 yards against a team that made it to the NFC title game. The game he had against the Vikings was one of the best games he played all season but he got little help. He put up 463 against Green Bay another team that made it to the NFC title game and 355 against Buffalo who also made the playoffs. How is that inflating his numbers against bad teams?