Trading up for Burrows makes sense

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not scared about drafting QBs. I don't trust the Jones boys.

Remember how they got Dak? It was only after failing to complete trades that would've gotten them Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch. Then there was Jerry's fascination with Johnny Manziel. Last, but not least, the highest draft pick Dallas has used for a QB in the 21st century - Quincy Carter.

The only 2 good QBs since Aikman were accidents.
That's a great point tool. People are so confident in the Cowboys finding a quarterback...mind you they wanted Connor Cook and Lynch before him. And even after he drafted Dak, Jaylon and whoever......he went on record being disappointed about not getting Lynch. Did the same thing about Johnny Football. And you are right. They lucked into Romo too.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo didn't start until he was 26.....Dak's age now.

But once again this is a prime example of someone with a agenda. Can't resist without defending Romo. Its a sickness. A Romoholic. Worse than crack and alcohol. Now he wants posters to believe that Romo was a caliber of a professional quarterback in middle school. Do not let these guys trick you.
What difference does it make when they started? Even if you compare them at age 26 Romo was better. Dak slobberers are crybabies always making excuses for Dak. Regardless of how they got to that point, Romo was better in every way. You’re just frustrated because Dak isn’t signed yet, and it’s all coming out in your feelings. Stop being a groupie, Dak doesn’t care about you and he isn’t going to give you any money.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not scared about drafting QBs. I don't trust the Jones boys.

Remember how they got Dak? It was only after failing to complete trades that would've gotten them Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch. Then there was Jerry's fascination with Johnny Manziel. Last, but not least, the highest draft pick Dallas has used for a QB in the 21st century - Quincy Carter.

The only 2 good QBs since Aikman were accidents.
I think they would prefer lucky and also prefer to think their parents planned on having them.

If it's true that Wade Wilson was the only one really pushing for Prescott, that would make the last two QB's acquired because of assistant coaches, not scouting or the FO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What difference does it make when they started? Even if you compare them at age 26 Romo was better. Dak slobberers are crybabies always making excuses for Dak. Regardless of how they got to that point, Romo was better in every way. You’re just frustrated because Dak isn’t signed yet, and it’s all coming out in your feelings. Stop being a groupie, Dak doesn’t care about you and he isn’t going to give you any money.

Here's point #4 and point #5 on how to locate a Romoholic.

#4 They don't really have a point. They resort to "Dak slobberer" type names and hyperbole and extremes.
#5. In order to debate against Dak....they can't do it without praising or bringing up Romo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think they would prefer lucky and also prefer to think their parents planned on having them.

If it's true that Wade Wilson was the only one really pushing for Prescott, that would make the last two QB's acquired because of assistant coaches, not scouting or the FO.
Not sure how true that last one is. I do remember this team doing a lot of research on Dak prior to the draft. Seemed like a shoe-in for someone to go after if the top few guys weren't there. I was incredibly shocked to here they wanted to go all in on Lynch like that.

zerofill

Reaction score
No it doesn’t make sense. Do you know what it would cost? Has to be at least 3 first round pick, a couple seconds and some thirds.

It makes zero sense to give up that much draft capital.

None, zilch, nada

Yeah I would never try to move up to the 1st pick form 17 in no way shape or form. No matter if I think Dak is the right choice or not, we would be in hell for some time with what we would give up for it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Here's point #4 and point #5 on how to locate a Romoholic.

#4 They don't really have a point. They resort to "Dak slobberer" type names and hyperbole and extremes.
#5. In order to debate against Dak....they can't do it without praising or bringing up Romo.
You haven’t made a coherent argument in four posts. You’re scared to try to put some stats out there because you know I’m going to step on your head as soon as you do that. So all you do is cry and try to deflect. So yeah, that’s all you’re going to get until you stop crying and get back on the subject.
Where was I? Oh yeah, Dak slobberers are crybabies always making excuses for Dak. Regardless of how they got to that point, Romo was better in every way. You’re just frustrated because Dak isn’t signed yet, and it’s all coming out in your feelings. Stop being a groupie, Dak doesn’t care about you and he isn’t going to give you any money.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Well this is news to me because I honestly didn't know there was a "argument" or a "debate". I genuinely thought you were asking a question. ANOTHER POSTER made a statement and wondered if Jerry let Mike know he's in it for a 2 or 3 year rebuild. I responded to that post.

You are the one who asked me a question about Dak and McCarthy and I responded. So I'm not totally understanding the angel you're coming from or what you're accusing me of? You're accusing me of liking to argue but I wasn't even aware this was a argument being the original question/satement posed wasn't even from you.

Deflection will get you nowhere. Same thing you do with everything that comes up. You take a side path away from the main discussion and steer it in a meaningless direction. Merry-go-round or merri-go-round. Loop argument.

By time you are finished with any "discussion" the main point has been lost in all the drivel. The main point is never addressed, often being lost in all the drivel that goes on back and forth.

Don't believe me? Go back and read the "discussion" (if you call it that) with stasheroo. 2 or 3 days yall have been driveling at each other so far away from the topic of the thread, its not even worth reading because nobody knows what the two of you are driveling about!

If you still don't understand, then its just a matter of time. And that's fine. I accept it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how true that last one is. I do remember this team doing a lot of research on Dak prior to the draft. Seemed like a shoe-in for someone to go after if the top few guys weren't there. I was incredibly shocked to here they wanted to go all in on Lynch like that.
And then wanted to draft Cook so I do not think Prescott was high on the list. They had Romo returning from injury, backed up by Moore, Prescott could have ended up on the PS is not for those two injuries.

I do remember a lot of talk coming out that Wade Wilson was the Prescott guy within the organization. Prescott's stock dropped from his junior to senior season and the best SEC D's, Bama, Auburn and LSU, didn't help him any. He might not have even gone in the 4th if not for the Cowboys losing out on Lynch and Cook.

And posters want these people picking another QB? No thanks.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score

Of all the bitter people I most look forward to seeing jumping off a bridge when Dak gets paid by Dallas securing his starting role at least through 2025, you are head of the class.

johneric8

Reaction score
If anything, Dak has proven that he cannot beat good teams. His record on this is pretty clear. He plays great against weaker teams, but struggles when the pressure is on against playoff caliber teams.
So, I guess he is in fact a proven commodity.
We know what we don't have with Dak; we don't have a quarterback who will fight and claw to make the Cowboys a better team. He will go along for the ride vs teams under .500 and play great.
But he's proven that he is not the guy.

Come with facts not fantasy dreams regurgitated by forum haters. Dak has contributed in beating many good teams including the rams decidedly last season. He has proven this, what you're doing is saying he can't beat top teams when in reality there are stats that have shown how many of the times he wasn't the victorious QB the blame could be spread around to many players. Lets fact the facts of what we've seen here for a second, when coaching has been good, and everyone comes to play Dak is a standout. For the life of me I don't understand how some of you don't take into account the moral of the team because of our horrendous coaching.

When Dak was flying high last season just about everyone on this forum was jumping on his bandwagon. As soon as he has a couple of bad to subpar games mixed with some bad coaching outings he sucks again... I'm just thakful you guys are talent evaluators.

johneric8

Reaction score
Locker room stud? That is sounds good bs. All that matters is can you play. Dak gets hit right he will get hurt too. Nobody is indestructible just lucky. Prescott is a stat padder that suffers from the same problems as his rookie scouting report. I’ll give him he’s managed to fool the average fan that don’t know nothing but numbers and what some talking head says though. He’s good at that.
He has also got Terry Bradshaw, Deion Sanders, Troy Aikman, and many many more fooled then because they think he is a super bowl calliber QB.. Apparently you are much more knowledgeable than they are.. HAHAHAHA....:lmao::eek::eek::eek:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Of all the bitter people I most look forward to seeing jumping off a bridge when Dak gets paid by Dallas securing his starting role at least through 2025, you are head of the class.
And when Dak is out of the league in 3 years, I look forward to stepping on your head... if anyone can find you while you’re hiding under your rock.
I don’t know who’s going to be “bitter”. Every one is expecting him to get signed, so it’s not like people aren’t prepared. Fans can’t really control what Jerry does... we just roll with the punches.

lwehlers

Reaction score
IT did but Dak is a much better quarterback now than Romo was at this same age. I think the hope is Dak will continue to get better. There's nothing out there that says he won't.
I agree with this to a point. but I just have a problem with the way Prescott has played against top teams the last couple of years.

morat1959

Reaction score
And when Dak is out of the league in 3 years, I look forward to stepping on your head... if anyone can find you while you’re hiding under your rock.
I don’t know who’s going to be “bitter”. Every one is expecting him to get signed, so it’s not like people aren’t prepared. Fans can’t really control what Jerry does... we just roll with the punches.
He’ll stick around as a backup somewhere or be starting in the new league that started up.

visionary

Reaction score
I like Tua before his injury but his draft stock could fall. I heard that injury is the same hip injury that took Bo Jackson out of the game.
That being said Tua could fall to Dallas at 17 but would he be worth the risk?

point is that we need to do a medical evaluation

if he checks out you take him at 5, if not you don’t