Training camp State of the Union press conference today

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They get up there with cat-who-ate-the-canary smirks as if they are the class of the league, and what they do is a standard, proven winning formula.
From a business model they are the class of the league. Every owner wishes they had the revenue of the Cowboys. All the Joneses need is for the Cowboys to do is play.500 ball and have some star players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

A couple things they made real clear and I have been preaching this all offseason

1. Cowboys are going with a youth movement. They want to see what these young kids have. Its why they arent bringing in all these over priced FA's to compete for jobs. For better or worse, that is what they are doing.

2. Guys like Collins and Cooper were cut not only for salary, but because they either werent available or werent worth the money. In Cooper case I think without a doubt Jerry was pissed he didnt get the Vac. He missed two games because of that and Jerry made it obvious. When you get paid the big bucs, you need to go the extra mile and Cooper didnt there. Collins was simply rarely available.

3. They also put a big price on tough guys that play and are real leaders. the REAL RKG's if you will. Gregory, Cooper, Collins, werent those kinda guys.

I didnt believe Jerry when he said he thought we had a better shot with THIS team, but what he meant was the "makeup" of the team and the type of players he now has going forward.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL at the thought of La'el Collins not being a tough player.

He would beat the living snot out of that backup we have at RT now.

Fans. They'll say anything for the team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forgot the biggest thing........Jimmy
I didn't forget.

The bottom lines is Jerry has more.

I'm tired of the whining by people that are still butt-hurt by Jerry firing Landry.

Jerry hired Jimmy and the Nineties Super Bowls were a terrific time for me as a Cowboys fan.

If young people that didn't get to experience the early nineties want to complain about Jerry then that's valid, but anybody that l lived though the early nineties should just shut up about Jerry until the 43-1/2 year point that his Super Bowl win percentage will drop below Landry's (unless Jerry get another one before then).

Sheepherder

Reaction score
A couple things they made real clear and I have been preaching this all offseason

1. Cowboys are going with a youth movement. They want to see what these young kids have. Its why they arent bringing in all these over priced FA's to compete for jobs. For better or worse, that is what they are doing.
2. Guys like Collins and Cooper were cut not only for salary, but because they either werent available or werent worth the money. In Cooper case I think without a doubt Jerry was pissed he didnt get the Vac. He missed two games because of that and Jerry made it obvious. When you get paid the big bucs, you need to go the extra mile and Cooper didnt there. Collins was simply rarely available.

3. They also put a big price on tough guys that play and are real leaders. the REAL RKG's if you will. Gregory, Cooper, Collins, werent those kinda guys.

I didnt believe Jerry when he said he thought we had a better shot with THIS team, but what he meant was the "makeup" of the team and the type of players he now has going forward.
I'm all for that and they dumped Gregory too. I'm all in on getting rid of the troublemakers. But on the oline, if Tyron Smith goes down, it could spell trouble.

rambo2

Reaction score

Lol, a good chance that Collins doesn't play much at all. He has a bad back and he is a complete head case. Collins can't even practice at the start of training camp.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Simply can't wait......

04.12threestooge.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm all for that and they dumped Gregory too. I'm all in on getting rid of the troublemakers. But on the oline, if Tyron Smith goes down, it could spell trouble.

when smith goes down the oline will again go into the toilet. No doubt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Collins was a perfect example of who we no
Longer want. Poor leader with no heart, not living up to his pay and scantly available. He was also a penalty waiting to happen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I genuinely feel bad for some of you guys. I love Cowboys football. I'm excited for the season to start. Then I read some of you miserable people on page 1. Must suck..seriously. Like must really suck to hate something so much. I'm not trying to create a reaction or anything I promise. I genuinely feel bad for anyone that posts on a Cowboy forum ( more regularly then most ) that only feels the need to just completely **** on everything about that team on said forum. I understand you guys will say I love Jerry or whatever it is you guys always comeback with, but the truth is I really love watching Cowboys football. I like watching the players progress, I like watching the rookies in camp. I enjoy the battles. I enjoy watching them on Sundays. I also enjoy doing other things outside the Cowboys. I feel like some of you live on this planet to spew your hatred of this team every chance you get. I hope your days get better. I hope you find happiness.

To the rest of the people on this forum who actually enjoy the Cowboys and haven't been here all off season, crying in every thread that pops up.

HERE WE GO BABY! Love this time of the year!! Let's get it!

Great Post.