Trash defense PFF style

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What kind of passing numbers did Troy put up during his career?
Accuracy was his strong suit . His playoff record was outstanding . He’s the only 3 time SB champion in Cowboys history. Winning used to mean something with our franchise.

We had these same statistical arguments with Romo. Nobody cares if it doesn’t end with championships.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So you should pay everyone except your stud QB who proved this season beyond a question of a doubt that he's the best and most important player on the team?

This kind of thinking is why this team is failing.
No, the team is failing because they put all their resources into the offense, specifically the passing game, and now a few injuries have left them without a chance.

If you can find ways to keep dak and still overhaul the defense I’m all for it. My fear is that’s unrealistic. Dak can’t win by himself and the last two seasons have proven that. This team needs a lot more help than just getting their qb back.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His play has dropped off since he signed that big contract. Go watch film of him now. He routinely jogs behind the play, takes poor angles, makes token effort to get around blocks...... he tries to hide it behind enthusiasm and lots of on field celebrations, but we are stuck with his contract for at least another year.

We can and should dump Jaylon after this season. 2021 money not guaranteed til March.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Accuracy was his strong suit . His playoff record was outstanding . He’s the only 3 time SB champion in Cowboys history. Winning used to mean something with our franchise.

We had these same statistical arguments with Romo. Nobody cares if it doesn’t end with championships.
Accuracy? Have you looked at Aikman's yearly accuracy numbers during the Regular Season? I'll give you his accuracy and numbers were pretty good during the playoffs, but they weren't so good during the Regular Season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, the team is failing because they put all their resources into the offense, specifically the passing game, and now a few injuries have left them without a chance.

If you can find ways to keep dak and still overhaul the defense I’m all for it. My fear is that’s unrealistic. Dak can’t win by himself and the last two seasons have proven that. This team needs a lot more help than just getting their qb back.
Nope!

Have you seen the last 4 - 5 drafts??? An overwhelming majority of picks have gone on Defense. You might want to take a look at them.

The problem is they have made bad picks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’d agree in parts. I wouldn’t have signed Cooper and Elliott while using 1st round pick on Lamb. Definitely over investment on offense. But signing Dak is and will be fine. Just a matter of how much.

We are most likely winning this division if we have Dak despite our defense and other injuries.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope!

Have you seen the last 4 - 5 drafts??? An overwhelming majority of picks have gone on Defense. You might want to take a look at them.

AC is right. The miss on defensive draft picks have killed this team along with over investment on offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Accuracy? Have you looked at Aikman's yearly accuracy numbers during the Regular Season? I'll give you his accuracy and numbers were pretty good during the playoffs, but they weren't so good during the Regular Season.
I don’t even need to see his numbers. I watched every pass he made . His stats his first 2 and final 2 years were horrid all in losing seasons as a starter. But it’s what he did in his middle 7 years that landed him in the HOF.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nope!

Do you realize how many first round picks are on this offense? Do you realize how many offensive players on the cowboys are among the highest paid at their position?

and yes you are correct about the number of defensive picks, but that’s the whole point. A good draft typically only nets you two starters on average. This team has to find money for free agents at some point. We can’t just draft a ton of defensive players and pray the develope. We have too many holes for that.

RS12

Reaction score
I don’t even need to see his numbers. I watched every pass he made . His stats his first 2 and final 2 years were horrid all in losing seasons as a starter. But it’s what he did in his middle 7 years that landed him in the HOF.
This. And he could strike the head of a match at 40 yards.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’d agree in parts. I wouldn’t have signed Cooper and Elliott while using 1st round pick on Lamb. Definitely over investment on offense. But signing Dak is and will be fine. Just a matter of how much.

We are most likely winning this division if we have Dak despite our defense and other injuries.
I agree if we had dak we are probably 3 wins or so better than what we are currently, but does it matter? We need to find ways to actually have a chance at a super bowl. Dak can’t do it alone, and this roster needs a ton of help.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree if we had dak we are probably 3 wins or so better than what we are currently, but does it matter? We need to find ways to actually have a chance at a super bowl. Dak can’t do it alone, and this roster needs a ton of help.
Of course it matters. Playing for the division title and playoffs is always the initial goal.

We basically just need help on defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This. And he could strike the head of a match at 40 yards.
It’s sad we have Dakster Homers who need to bash Aikman stats to prop up their boy. Just like the Romo crap.

I like Dak. He’s a good QB. We are winning the division if he’s healthy but c’mon people.

RS12

Reaction score
It’s sad we have Dakster Homers who need to bash Aikman stats to prop up their boy.

I like Dak. He’s a good QB. We are winning the division if he’s healthy but c’mon people.
Exactly. If there was no cap I'd say soak Jerry for every nickle but that isnt the case.