Trash defense PFF style

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Of course it matters. Playing for the division title and playoffs is always the initial goal.
Well if a 7 win participation trophy equivalent of a division win in 2020 is what makes you happy then I get your point. Dak pretty much guarantees 7+ wins a year. Personally I’m tired of contending for the division and getting bounced first game of the playoffs IF they make it that far. Don’t care if that’s with dak or without dak, but I want this team to be actual super bowl contenders more than once every 25 years.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Just so I understand what I am reading...the higher the number the worse off we are? LOL. oy !

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well if a 7 win participation trophy equivalent of a division win in 2020 is what makes you happy then I get your point. Dak pretty much guarantees 7+ wins a year. Personally I’m tired of contending for the division and getting bounced first game of the playoffs IF they make it that far. Don’t care if that’s with dak or without dak, but I want this team to be actual super bowl contenders more than once every 25 years.
I understand but with Jethros ways that’s not a very strong reality . Those playoff years are much better than years like this. That’s pretty much what we’ve been reduced to this era.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I know that’s an attempt at sarcasm, but the state of the defense is the main argument for taking a QB early. That frees up about $30MM to spend in FA.

is that the right move? Only if you hit on the qb you take.

That saves up $30 million, which is basically one premiere free agent and one solid free agent. On the other hand you could trade the pick and have 3-4 defensive starters cheaply for 4 years.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No, the team is failing because they put all their resources into the offense, specifically the passing game, and now a few injuries have left them without a chance.

If you can find ways to keep dak and still overhaul the defense I’m all for it. My fear is that’s unrealistic. Dak can’t win by himself and the last two seasons have proven that. This team needs a lot more help than just getting their qb back.

Easy. Trade the 4th pick, get 3-5 picks in the top 3 rounds. You'll have 7 picks in the top three rounds including the Cowboys original pick and their comp pick. You can get 5 starters out of that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s sad we have Dakster Homers who need to bash Aikman stats to prop up their boy. Just like the Romo crap.

I like Dak. He’s a good QB. We are winning the division if he’s healthy but c’mon people.
If the shoe fits, wear it! You can't have it both ways.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Until Dak leads this franchise to a championship he won’t be in the conversation with Troy anymore than Romo, White or Merideth were.

When you win you can have it both ways.
Then don't complain when you can't handle the facts, whether it's about Troy, Romo, Dak or anyone else who has worn the Cowboys uniform.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL. What teams did Troy lead after 1995 when his teams were not as stacked on offense/defense?
Exactly!

Some prop up Troy and state "he led those Cowboys teams to 3 Super Bowl Championships", but they refuse to mention how those teams were stacked during a time when Jerry had those players under contract pre-salary cap. Once the salary cap went into full effect and much of that talent left to other teams for more money, Troy struggled and was unable to "lead the Cowboys to anymore Super Bowls" or even anywhere close to any.

They excuse Troy for being able to have the best and highest paid talent around him during those pre-salary capped SB years that they say Troy "led", but they bash Dak as not being able "to lead" these Cowboys anywhere close to a Super Bowl during today's way overpaid salary cap era.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Aldon is a bum at this point, reliever not a starter. And just looking at Crawford’s name enrages me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Any LB is going to get exposed when the DT position is this bad...but even Jaylon last year was twice as good as what we have this season. Not saying much but he has gone from pro bowl to below average to train wreck.
Lol...no we wasn’t. He sucked last year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
With most of the team out, some fans expect miracles from the new coaching staff. o_O

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What were their PFFs last year at this time?
That’s what’s interesting....most of those guys had better ratings last year. So if we are going to use PFF to gauge their skill then we probably should be wondering why were all of their grades far better last year than this year. Nolan.....

John813

Reaction score
This FO has a knack in being able to somehow get a worse DC than the last one this decade more times than not.

Rob Ryan to Monte Kiffin. was terrible
Kiffin to Rod was maybe an upgrade or at least stopped the bleeding.
The year we switched to Rod was when our best defense was Murray draining the clock on offense.
Rod M to Mike Nolan was terrible