Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thanks for FINALLY admitting it.

I never denied he played great as a rookie. He had probably the best rookie year I've ever seen for a QB and there are reasons for that and it's not because of his talent as a QB.

He was in the most optimal situation possible.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Ah..

So your point about him getting voted as Rookie of the year stands vs my point about Elliot being considered as the MVP with the real heavyweights of the league with no mention of Dak.

It's just unrealistic for you to see that the top 5 pick carried the 4th rounder. I get it. You're bias to a fault and not realistic.

Nevermind the next year when Zeke left and our season came to a crashing halt either.

Ignorance is bliss.
It’s ignorance along with other things I’m forbidden to mention here to completely eliminate Dak, the quarterback of our team from any recognition or credit for the team doing so well in the regular season. What’s wrong with you?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dak sacked himself into 56 sacks, with decent blocking and the number one rushing attack in the league. They were so bad that Zeke dominated the LOS.

None of that is true. Dak was responsible for 15 or so of those sacks can't recall the exact number) that still hangs 40 sacks on the OL, we were not the #1 rushing team, we were 10th, while Zeke was the leading rusher, we didn't dominate the LOS as evidenced by our struggles to punch in TDs into the EZ.

You give Romo all the credit for the OL, but don't credit Sparano and Houck for actually coaching the OL and did a great job.

You also conveniently did not mention what Woodson also said about Dak.....

“When he’s on the sideline, they believe in him,” Woodson continued. “I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought, 'Ok, well Romo’s going to bail us out,' or 'we’re down by fourteen, Romo’s going to do this,' or 'we’re up by fourteen, Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.' No, no, no. They didn’t believe. There is something about (Dak) in that locker room that they all rally behind.”

“I believe at some point, Dak Prescott will be a championship quarterback because he has the intangibles to do so.”

You pick and choose what you want to believe and make up the rest and others are calling you out.

keysersoze

Reaction score
None of that is true. Dak was responsible for 15 or so of those sacks can't recall the exact number) that still hangs 40 sacks on the OL, we were not the #1 rushing team, we were 10th, while Zeke was the leading rusher, we didn't dominate the LOS as evidenced by our struggles to punch in TDs into the EZ.

You give Romo all the credit for the OL, but don't credit Sparano and Houck for actually coaching the OL and did a great job.

You also conveniently did not mention what Woodson also said about Dak.....

“When he’s on the sideline, they believe in him,” Woodson continued. “I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought, 'Ok, well Romo’s going to bail us out,' or 'we’re down by fourteen, Romo’s going to do this,' or 'we’re up by fourteen, Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.' No, no, no. They didn’t believe. There is something about (Dak) in that locker room that they all rally behind.”

“I believe at some point, Dak Prescott will be a championship quarterback because he has the intangibles to do so.”

You pick and choose what you want to believe and make up the rest and others are calling you out.
:clap::clap::clap:
Now!!!! Let’s see how these Lames respond to this

keysersoze

Reaction score
I never denied he played great as a rookie. He had probably the best rookie year I've ever seen for a QB and there are reasons for that and it's not because of his talent as a QB.

He was in the most optimal situation possible.
How is that? All Dak had that Romo didn’t is a league leading rusher. Everything else is a wash.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
None of that is true. Dak was responsible for 15 or so of those sacks can't recall the exact number) that still hangs 40 sacks on the

I don't believe that number but even the source for that number still had Dak as the most responsible QB in the league for his sacks.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Yeah... Dak was great as a rookie but the elephant in the room is Ezekiel Elliot rushing for 1600 yards and 15 TD's.

Elliot was the impact. Dak was along for the ride that the Oline and Zeke took him on.

Dallas rushing attack 2015: ranked 5th at 4.6 yards per rush
Dallas rushing attack 2016: ranked 3rd at 4.8 yards per rush

Dallas passing offense 2015: ranked 30th at 76.6
Dallas passing offense 2016: ranked 3rd at 103.0

Yeah, I am going to go with the nearly 30 point increase in Dallas passing offense (efficiency) and not the 0.2 yards per rush increase to explain why 2016 was not a repeat of 2015.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas rushing attack 2015: ranked 5th at 4.6 yards per rush
Dallas rushing attack 2016: ranked 3rd at 4.8 yards per rush

Dallas passing offense 2015: ranked 30th at 76.6
Dallas passing offense 2016: ranked 3rd at 103.0

Yeah, I am going to go with the nearly 30 point increase in Dallas passing offense (efficiency) and not the 0.2 yards per rush increase to explain why 2016 was not a repeat of 2015.

Make those numbers dance man. I wont buy it but maybe someone will.

The difference between Zeke's rookie year and Joseph Randle/ Alfred Morris/McFadden was huge.

Not to mention Romo was injured

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Make those numbers dance man. I wont buy it but maybe someone will.

The difference between Zeke's rookie year and Joseph Randle/ Alfred Morris/McFadden was huge.

Not to mention Romo was injured

Of course, I don't like the FACTS so I am going to disregard it because it undermines my bias.

Zeke is not what separated 2016 from being 2015...Dak's play was. Zeke made the Dallas rushing offense go from top 5 to top 3.

Dak made the Dallas passing offense improve 27 spots...

And you are actually proving my point: Romo was out in 2015 too (actually he was more out in 2016 than 2015 as Romo started a number of games in 2015) and Dallas passing offense was terrible.

Therefore, Dallas offense should have been terrible in 2016 too, right? Same HC, rushing attack, OC, WRs, TEs, OL, etc...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course, I don't like the FACTS so I am going to disregard it because it undermines my bias.

Zeke is not what separated 2016 from being 2015...Dak's play was. Zeke made the Dallas rushing offense go from top 5 to top 3.

Dak made the Dallas passing offense improve 27 spots...

And you are actually proving my point: Romo was out in 2015 too (actually he was more out in 2016 than 2015 as Romo started a number of games in 2015) and Dallas passing offense was terrible.

Therefore, Dallas offense should have been terrible in 2016 too, right? Same HC, rushing attack, OC, WRs, TEs, OL, etc...

Ah ok.

Zeke had the same impact as Randle/Morris/McFadden. Lol

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I don't believe that number but even the source for that number still had Dak as the most responsible QB in the league for his sacks.

Regardless of whether you believe how they graded those sacks, a great OL as he was trying to imply simply does not give up that much pressure. Considering the injuries and changes on the OL, they probably did better than we could have expected under those circumstances. Most people consider this OL great because of reputation, not because of how they actually played all season. And honestly, it's not just the OL, you have to also factor in the inexperience with TEs when looking at the blocking. Losing Witten and Hanna had a tremendous effect on that as well.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ah ok.

Zeke had the same impact as Randle/Morris/McFadden. Lol

You're already dead dude, why do you keep replying? Just admit defeat like you did with me.
"Lol"

3000 lays out ample amount of stats highlighting his point. Your reply was this garbage lmao. Morris didn't even play for the Cowboys in 2015 lol.

Last edited: