Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

khiladi

Reaction score
So what it dosent count because it was Gurodes first probowl LOL
Columbo was a1st round pick but was injured his rookie year in Chicago Dislocated Patella and nerve Damage Couldn't play we picked him up and waited for him to be able to play kind of like we just did with Jaylon

Who cares what Davis did in AZ made the probowl here and was a top draft pick So you stop distorting the facts

Romo had a good team early in his career PERIOD

Gurode’s first pro bowl was with Romo in 2006. You know the guy they inserted before mid season.

And sorry, Columbo actually started multiple games after his rookie year and we didn’t wait for anything. Chicago let him go.

Its good you did your research to look for excuses, but not sure an injured Columbo that never lived up to his potential as an argument proved your point..

khiladi

Reaction score
I can't make it any more clear. Do you not understand the word situations are you refusing to understand just like your silly agenda against Dak? I mean situations is a word most people learned in elementary school.

I understand your wrong and your floundering for excuses trying to blame Linehan for Dak sucking.. yet Linehan ran Zeke six times on the final drive, called a beautiful sneak, got LB matchups and Beasley isolated Out wide with nobody over top how he wanted.. Dak was just throwing to the guys that were his first read.. and none of it was hurry up or up tempo in the FOURTH QUARTER.

The game plan of Dallas with Dak is conservative and keeping it tight intentionally.. they actually did the same thing in 2015 when Romo went down and Garrett did the same thing in 2010 when Wade got fired and a Romo got hurt. The play calling was to keep it manageable and rely on TOs by the defense to give them chances. The problem with 2015 is they didn’t generate TOs and they didn’t have a threat like Zeke and Garrett wanted Cassell, a guy who didn’t take a snap on training camp to lead this team.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ha wasn’t talking that bs from 2006-2015 though. It was always someone else but the quarterback’s fault when we lost. Even when there were last minute drive killing interceptions. For example. Tyron being blamed for the interception vs Denver. LMAO. These guys are ridiculous.

It was Escobar who was blamed because he broke the wrong way on his route or something. I don't remember.

Regardless.

Romo was amazing and his absence in the lineup showed how much he meant to the team when he was out.

This is Ezekiel Elliots team. He is the new Romo. Dak is just along for the Zeke ride.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Gurode’s first pro bowl was with Romo in 2006. You know the guy they inserted before mid season.

And sorry, Columbo actually started multiple games after his rookie year and we didn’t wait for anything. Chicago let him go.

Its good you did your research to look for excuses, but not sure an injured Columbo that never lived up to his potential as an argument proved your point..

No excuses needed Romo had good teams in the beginning of his career Heck 13 pro bowlers in 2007 and Barber was a dominant closer in that time period .

Tony had good tools to work with back then you can fight it all you want but it is flat out common knowledge

khiladi

Reaction score
No excuses needed Romo had good teams in the beginning of his career Heck 13 pro bowlers in 2007 and Barber was a dominant closer in that time period .

Tony had good tools to work with back then you can fight it all you want but it is flat out common knowledge

You just keep regurgitating nonsense. They were pro bowlers because of a Romo. They weren’t without him. Gurode and Davis never sniffed a Pro Bowl without Romo and these guys you claimed were good (trained by Parcells) were bums. Don’t get mad because you were wrong. Those guys were on the verge of making Parcells have a heart attack on the sideline. Former Giants players were coming down to Dallas to support their coach. And all of that changed as soon as Romo was inserted into the lineup and got them into the playoffs. Before Bledsoe was benched, the favorite target of criticism in Dallas media was the OL. Parcells didn’t even want to play Romo, because Bledsoe was his guy.

Julie Jones used to run directly into the back of OL.

There was hardly any roster TO from 2006-2007.

Again, Pro bowlers are also voted in part by fans since 1995 and Dallas being the most popular team, fan influence heavily swayed the voting that year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Were you watching when we switched from Bledsoe to Romo and the impact Tony Romo immediately had?

Everything changed.

2007 and 2014 were about the only legit teams Romo played on and those teams still had flaws.

Plus Romo only got 1 year of Linehan really and Linehan had he and Murray playing at an all pro level along with the Oline just dominating. The defense was a liability though.

In the TO years there was always so much media distraction.

After TO it was Romo or nothing up until 2014. Garrett was just beyond awful as the head coach and the team was completely Romo dependent. Completely.

The Owner and General manager did Tony Romo such a disservice with their coaching hires and rosters they put around him that neglected key areas of the football and it gives fans who don't understand a lot about football room to put most of their criticism on him.

Tony Romo was unbelievable and the Owner / GM wasted his career with Garrett.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
To defend Romo....guys will go to extreme lengths to revise history.....probably are the same ones who didn't even want Romo here when he played lol.
I've said before the majority of people going all out against Dak seem to be the Romo supporters and the majority of Dak's supporters seem to be the Romo detractors. The arguments used to prop Romo are similar to the ones being used by the pro Dak group and the arguments used against Romo are the ones used by the anti Dak group. The irony is hilarious at times. Each group is getting a dose and can't take it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've said before the majority of people going all out against Dak seem to be the Romo supporters and the majority of Dak's supporters seem to be the Romo detractors. The arguments used to prop Romo are similar to the ones being used by the pro Dak group and the arguments used against Romo are the ones used by the anti Dak group. The irony is hilarious at times. Each group is getting a dose and can't take it.
Its true. I'm victim as well. But the same arguments I gave for why Romo is a good qb are the same ones I give for Dak. But neither side is consistent.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Its true. I'm victim as well. But the same arguments I gave for why Romo is a good qb are the same ones I give for Dak. But neither side is consistent.
They suffered the same symptoms of good to great play and *** was that head scratchers added to an irritable fanbase that is tired of mediocrity. It's the perfect recipe to keep places like this going.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

This can't be understated. It's crazy.

Kial, Catch, Erod, SouperSam all go out of their way to give as many excuses for every other QB(not just Romo), even excuses they've simply made up like Catch did in the other thread, but then will go with "Dak needs a team to carry him" when his starting receivers were Twill, Hurns, Swaim, and Beasley. And will also go out of their way to make stuff up to detract everything Dak does. For example this thread is made with SouperScam saying Dak will never make a NFCC. He thinks that a QB who was within one score at the age of 23 and 25(so two of his only three season) of getting there isn't capable of doing so despite every logical and factual argument claiming the opposite.
It's an obsession on their part.

There's no discernable argument against Dak.

Age? No
Salary? No
Accuracy at any distance level? No
Arm strength? No
Injury history? No
Running ability? No

Does he run into sacks sometimes? Yeah
Does he make all the reads? No

But you aren't being held back by Dak, and on his rookie contract is one of the top 5 assets in the league.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Were you watching when we switched from Bledsoe to Romo and the impact Tony Romo immediately had?

Everything changed.

2007 and 2014 were about the only legit teams Romo played on and those teams still had flaws.

Plus Romo only got 1 year of Linehan really and Linehan had he and Murray playing at an all pro level along with the Oline just dominating. The defense was a liability though.

After TO it was Romo or nothing up until 2014. Garrett was just beyond awful as the head coach and the team was completely Romo dependent. Completely.

The Owner and General manager did Tony Romo such a disservice with their coaching hires and rosters they put around him that neglected key areas of the football and it gives fans who don't understand a lot about football room to put most of their criticism on him.

Yes Romo did have an impact Bledsoe was totally immobile and I was over joyed at the change at QB . That said there were still some good players on the team when Romo began his starting career .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes Romo did have an impact Bledsoe was totally immobile and I was over joyed at the change at QB . That said there were still some good players on the team when Romo began his starting career .

I don't deny that we had good players but we always lacked nuts and bolts on these teams.

Also, the entire gameplan was Romo running around trying to make a play.

Dak has structure, we've played our best defense with him, he's had amazing Oline play as a rookie and above average Oline play when Tyron Smith has been in the lineup.

Others make Dak better.

Romo made others better.

Why are comparing Dak and Romo anyways? Like who really thinks Dak is better?

Dak is a solid player that steps up in crunch time but my gosh Tony Romo was an artist at that position.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You just keep regurgitating nonsense. They were pro bowlers because of a Romo. They weren’t without him. Gurode and Davis never sniffed a Pro Bowl without Romo and these guys you claimed were good (trained by Parcells) were bums. Don’t get mad because you were wrong. Those guys were on the verge of making Parcells have a heart attack on the sideline. Former Giants players were coming down to Dallas to support their coach. And all of that changed as soon as Romo was inserted into the lineup and got them into the playoffs. Before Bledsoe was benched, the favorite target of criticism in Dallas media was the OL. Parcells didn’t even want to play Romo, because Bledsoe was his guy.

Julie Jones used to run directly into the back of OL.

There was hardly any roster TO from 2006-2007.

Again, Pro bowlers are also voted in part by fans since 1995 and Dallas being the most popular team, fan influence heavily swayed the voting that year.
Nonsense is believing Romo had that much affect , Guess he made the Defense and kicker probowlers He blocked for Barber when he pounded teams into submission at the end of games What a hoot
Tony made a positive impact yes absolutely but it is exaggerating to say he made everyone a probowler

He had good players on those early teams and they should have gone farther

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't deny that we had good players but we always lacked nuts and bolts on these teams.

Dak has structure, we've played our best defense with him, he's had amazing Oline play as a rookie and above average Oline play when Tyron Smith has been in the lineup.

Others make Dak better.

Romo made others better.

Dak is a solid player that steps up in crunch time but my gosh Tony Romo was an artist at that position.
Yet, the outcome was the same.

Its impossible to compare 34 year old Romo to 25 year old Dak. A better comparison is either when Dak turns 34 or compare their current ages.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Others make Dak better.

Romo made others better.

Are you saying Romo made TO better his first year?

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I am glad I am in the camp that supported both Romo and Dak. I really wish we could have gotten Romo a SB along with 88 and Witten. Hopefully we can do it this time around.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Others make Dak better.

Romo made others better.

After listening to Tony call the chiefs and pats game he is defiantly one of the smartest most knowledgeable players

Tony and Dak are very different like you say Tony was an artist great passer . Dak is a great football player if he could pass like Tony and took a few more chances sky is the limit . If Tony was as durable as Dak and took a few less chances same applies IMO

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
After listening to Tony call the chiefs and pats game he is defiantly one of the smartest most knowledgeable players

Tony and Dak are very different like you say Tony was an artist great passer . Dak is a great football player if he could pass like Tony and took a few more chances sky is the limit . If Tony was as durable as Dak and took a few less chances same applies IMO

That is how I look at them.

Dak is a football player.

Romo is a Quarterback.

keysersoze

Reaction score

Everything changed.

Yawn..... Dak had the same immediate impact. 13-3 was a pretty good debut. Of course you’ve got “but this and but that” coming huh? :facepalm: