Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yawn..... Dak had the same immediate impact. 13-3 was a pretty good debut. Of course you’ve got “but this and but that” coming huh? :facepalm:

Yeah... Dak was great as a rookie but the elephant in the room is Ezekiel Elliot rushing for 1600 yards and 15 TD's.

Elliot was the impact. Dak was along for the ride that the Oline and Zeke took him on.

keysersoze

Reaction score
That is how I look at them.

Dak is a football player.

Romo is a Quarterback.
Give Dak 3-4 years of practice, film study, and observation before starting. Along with a young TO and an even younger Witten with Parcells and Sean Payton as coaches. Then evaluate the same. Dak has indeed performed admirably with a far worse situation. But you Yee Haws fail to see that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Give Dak 3-4 years of practice, film study, and observation before starting. Along with a young TO and an even younger Witten with Parcells and Sean Payton as coaches. Then evaluate the same. Dak has indeed performed admirably with a far worse situation. But you Yee Haws fail to see that.

I don’t need to see years more of Dak to know what his upside is.

His only chance to be more then what he is now is through coaching.

TO carried Romo. Let’s not forget that.
Dak was the ROY wasn’t he?

Ummm no.. Ridiculous comment.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah... Dak was great as a rookie but the elephant in the room is Ezekiel Elliot rushing for 1600 yards and 15 TD's.

Elliot was the impact. Dak was along for the ride that the Oline and Zeke took him on.

Dak was the impact, not Zeke. Jesus.

I'd like to see anyone with any football knowledge claim a team(with a subpar defense) go 13-3 and claim it was the RB that propelled them to that record and not the QB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That Zeke and the Oline were the reason for 2016 success? Lol yeah I’m really trolling.

Yes a RB had wayyyyy more impact than the QB in 2016. At least your admit you're trolling lol. The Oline was there in 2015 when we couldn't win a game, are you mental?

And it's funny you credit the Oline which you use to detract from Dak and not Zeke. Your agenda is showing again.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Give Dak time in the pocket and he DEFINITELY can complete about 30 passes a game for 150 yards. No INTs, possible fumble, definitely no redzone TD passes, but superb checkdown accuracy.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

The team rushing totals of 06' and 16' differ by 460 yards and 3 touchdowns

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who was ROY in 2016?

So what?

Elliot finished 4th in the MVP voting.

Dak was not even nominated.

Both of our points are irrelevant and all you had to do was watch the games to understand what was making our offense go and it wasn't Dak Prescott. He played great but he was along for the ride.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Whats your point?

How did 2006 get introduced into this argument?
To point out the discrepancies and hypocrisy you Lames always use in comparison. You know why. Don’t play dumb. Oh!!! Maybe you’re not playing...:thumbup:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Were you watching when we switched from Bledsoe to Romo and the impact Tony Romo immediately had?

Everything changed.

2007 and 2014 were about the only legit teams Romo played on and those teams still had flaws.

Plus Romo only got 1 year of Linehan really and Linehan had he and Murray playing at an all pro level along with the Oline just dominating. The defense was a liability though.

In the TO years there was always so much media distraction.

After TO it was Romo or nothing up until 2014. Garrett was just beyond awful as the head coach and the team was completely Romo dependent. Completely.

The Owner and General manager did Tony Romo such a disservice with their coaching hires and rosters they put around him that neglected key areas of the football and it gives fans who don't understand a lot about football room to put most of their criticism on him.

Tony Romo was unbelievable and the Owner / GM wasted his career with Garrett.
Yes Romo did have an impact Bledsoe was totally immobile and I was over joyed at the change at QB . That said there were still some good players on the team when Romo began his starting career .
I don't deny that we had good players but we always lacked nuts and bolts on these teams.

Also, the entire gameplan was Romo running around trying to make a play.

Dak has structure, we've played our best defense with him, he's had amazing Oline play as a rookie and above average Oline play when Tyron Smith has been in the lineup.

Others make Dak better.

Romo made others better.

Why are comparing Dak and Romo anyways? Like who really thinks Dak is better?

Dak is a solid player that steps up in crunch time but my gosh Tony Romo was an artist at that position.
Whats your point?

How did 2006 get introduced into this argument?
:huh:looks like you

keysersoze

Reaction score
So what?

Elliot finished 4th in the MVP voting.

Dak was not even nominated.

Both of our points are irrelevant and all you had to do was watch the games to understand what was making our offense go and it wasn't Dak Prescott. He played great but he was along for the ride.
No. Your point is irrelevant. My point is made efficiently. Dak’s impact in 2016 was immediately positive and helped us to a team best 13-3 regular season record. As a rookie and Rookie Of The year to boot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No. Your point is irrelevant. My point is made efficiently. Dak’s impact in 2016 was immediately positive and helped us to a team best 13-3 regular season record. As a rookie and Rookie Of The year to boot.

Ah..

So your point about him getting voted as Rookie of the year stands vs my point about Elliot being considered as the MVP with the real heavyweights of the league with no mention of Dak.

It's just unrealistic for you to see that the top 5 pick carried the 4th rounder. I get it. You're bias to a fault and not realistic.

Nevermind the next year when Zeke left and our season came to a crashing halt either.

Ignorance is bliss.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Somebody call the circus police. The clowns are escaping. :lmao:
The way the discussion switched to imediate impact and he said

I thought we were talking about their first starts.