Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Calm your *** down. I know wins and losses are generated by the team. But it’s quite odd how vehemently you’re trying to point that out NOW when it’s a Dak discussion. You weren’t talking that bs when you speak about Romo. What’s the friggin difference now? Why does this upset you so NOW? Is it because Dak has quarterbacked and helped his team to a better start than Tony’s first 3 seasons? I have always stated the team game aspect. But you and your cronies claim that Romo was so elite he CARRIED the team to their wins. He was like Jesus and MADE all his receivers better. No mention of how TO and Witten were on the road to HOF Legacy BEFORE Romo ever threw a meaningful pass in the NFL. No mention of how Austin, Crayton and Robinson’s YAC helped Romo’s personal passing stats. Or how he had a team with 13 pro bowlers.
Oh yeah!!! Not to mention his best season was when he had Demarco doing exactly what you say Zeke does and led the league in rushing. But your hypocritical —- wanna be upset because I said Dak wins games? Well he does!! Been winning since his college days. I guess he’s just lucky that way. Hahahahaha :laugh:

Yes, the need to constantly diminish the talent and supporting cast around him, to build the narrative that Romo carried the team by himself and made the team into a playoff team, by himself. Or that it was Romo who made all of the WRs better, even T.O.,Glenn and Witten. Even when there were pro bowlers on the defensive side of the ball, it was either contributed to Romo still making the team better or having a great defense for only a season or two in Romo's career.

Just like some mention how Cooper's YAC, helps out Dak. All of the WRs that got YAC in Romo's career, helped him get the stats that he did whether that be yards or TDs that WRs ran in after the catch, which wasn't directly thrown into the endzone. As I said before, if some want to use the YAC logic to take away yardage and stats from Dak, then the same logic can be used for Romo and other QBs to subtract from their total yardage in games and in their overall career. Austin was a WR who got yardage after the catch, but some still say that Romo made him, as if Romo solely did the work to make Austin be able to pick up yards after the catch.

Just saying that some Cowboys fans like to say that wins are a team stat, when it comes to Dak. But, say that the team would have been 4-12, without Romo and how he carried the team to wins, even though he did have pro bowlers and HOF on his team. And maybe that would have been the case, but mainly because of the Cowboys not having any good back up QB on the roster back then. But, for all of the "if Romo had this team" viewpoints that some like to bring up, others can turn around and. "If Brady or prime Peyton Manning had Romo's team, then they would have gone to the Superbowl."

We saw in that the team didn't collapse in 2016 or go 4-12, when Romo got hurt, because Dak had a huge rookie season. Which made us not need Romo to have a good season anymore. And is why I believe some would rather have us have a bad season in 2016, just so that Romo could be proven the only QB who can "carry" the Cowboys or just so that Romo could still be the starter right now.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We haven't. We have not played in a NFC championship game since January 1996. Sniffing something means being in said game. We have not been in 23 seasons. Next Sunday will be the 25 anniversary of our secondary super bowl under Jimmy.

Until it happens I don't see Dak taking us to the Super bowl.

It's because the second round is the limit. Never being able to get to the championship game let alone the super bowl.

Nothing to do with my post. At all.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Yes, the need to constantly diminish the talent and supporting cast around him, to build the narrative that Romo carried the team by himself and made the team into a playoff team, by himself. Or that it was Romo who made all of the WRs better, even T.O.,Glenn and Witten. Even when there were pro bowlers on the defensive side of the ball, it was either contributed to Romo still making the team better or having a great defense for only a season or two in Romo's career.

Just like some mention how Cooper's YAC, helps out Dak. All of the WRs that got YAC in Romo's career, helped him get the stats that he did whether that be yards or TDs that WRs ran in after the catch, which wasn't directly thrown into the endzone. As I said before, if some want to use the YAC logic to take away yardage and stats from Dak, then the same logic can be used for Romo and other QBs to subtract from their total yardage in games and in their overall career. Austin was a WR who got yardage after the catch, but some still say that Romo made him, as if Romo solely did the work to make Austin be able to pick up yards after the catch.

Just saying that some Cowboys fans like to say that wins are a team stat, when it comes to Dak. But, say that the team would have been 4-12, without Romo and how he carried the team to wins, even though he did have pro bowlers and HOF on his team. And maybe that would have been the case, but mainly because of the Cowboys not having any good back up QB on the roster back then. But, for all of the "if Romo had this team" viewpoints that some like to bring up, others can turn around and. "If Brady or prime Peyton Manning had Romo's team, then they would have gone to the Superbowl."

We saw in that the team didn't collapse in 2016 or go 4-12, when Romo got hurt, because Dak had a huge rookie season. Which made us not need Romo to have a good season anymore. And is why I believe some would rather have us have a bad season in 2016, just so that Romo could be proven the only QB who can "carry" the Cowboys or just so that Romo could still be the starter right now.
Bravo!!!! Thank you for an excellently precise post. You really hit the nail on the head. It’s disappointing to see people really still hold these biases in their hearts and minds during this day and age. It’s ridiculous. Nevertheless the people that use hypocrisy to argue Romo vs Dak are the same people who were lowlifes and making Jaylon vs LVE posts. I don’t know if you remembered or even read the posts calling Jaylon a gimpy trash linebacker who would never be a playmaker and was nothing but a wasted pick. All the while anointing LVE as the next Chuck Howley. Why do these people feel the need to pit one Cowboy against the other? Why do the theories and criticism of one man not hold up for the other?
It’s frustrating to read bs like that and not be able to counter it with honesty because I’d be benched for it. All the while these people constantly drop little innuendos to get their jabs in. What makes one automatically assume that one guy is more cerebral than the next? Why is it ok for them to say Dak and Jaylon are just athletic football players, but Romo and LVE are Gods at their positions? And who ever tested these guys for IQ and intelligence individually in order to make this assessment? Hypocrisy is a tool used by cowards to solidify their off base personal propaganda and make them feel better about themselves when deep down they know they are inadequate. This is football and since we all claim to be Cowboys fans, shouldn’t the criticism and criteria be universal and shared evenly?
If only the world were perfect..... :facepalm:

dfense

Reaction score
Facts hurt.. your boy is mediocre.. 16-9 pass to run ratio in four drives while the defense held the Rams to 13 points, but blame the guy that averaged 8 YPC on one of those series which ended with Dak sacking himself from a potential FG back into punt range..
Cant argue with that. Since it looks like they are going to run with Dak, hopefully they go heavy on defense in the draft to carry him.

dfense

Reaction score
Dak would’ve scored on the drive had Zeke picked up the first on the 4th down run

Dak would’ve scored a TD and the 2-point had the defense been able to force a punt on the last drive

Your point?
The defense was obviously the strength of this team all year. When they needed the offense to step up for them, they could not. Dak is not bad, but he's not at that level.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down. Not to mention despite the loses, non of those QB's disappointed, not even Mahomes who we know had he gotten that ball back in overtime, he more than likely makes history against the GOAT.

And bash Goff all you want, when that guy falls behind and he has to make the more difficult accurate throws, that guy is spot on whether he throws for 100 or 400 yards every time. Is dak that consistant....NO!

Brees and Brady? Enough said!

Alot of our fans are being hypocrites when it comes to Dak and these other QB's having average games.

These guys in the playoffs do what they need to do to get the job done while dak folds under these pressures.

Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. Stop being jealous because Goff has lead his team to the big dance while Dak has contributed to sending our team home, giving the fans nothing to look forward to.

Accept the fact that the QBs you guys are bashing are still talented enough to amp it up or turn it down and still win.

We wont sniff a NFC title or SB until we find a better passer we can develope like Goff and Mahomes.

Despite coaching I think any of those guys are talented enough to work with the talent we have just fine.
Hate, hate, hate. That’s ALL you do.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You should go back and see how he gets called out and repeatedly disappears

Nah just this thing called life. I post and step away from the PC.

I guess I dont have as much time on my hands to wait uncontrollably for the notification ping by my PC for hours every single day.

Its sunny outside....have some!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down. Not to mention despite the loses, non of those QB's disappointed, not even Mahomes who we know had he gotten that ball back in overtime, he more than likely makes history against the GOAT.

And bash Goff all you want, when that guy falls behind and he has to make the more difficult accurate throws, that guy is spot on whether he throws for 100 or 400 yards every time. Is dak that consistant....NO!

Brees and Brady? Enough said!

Alot of our fans are being hypocrites when it comes to Dak and these other QB's having average games.

These guys in the playoffs do what they need to do to get the job done while dak folds under these pressures.

Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. Stop being jealous because Goff has lead his team to the big dance while Dak has contributed to sending our team home, giving the fans nothing to look forward to.

Accept the fact that the QBs you guys are bashing are still talented enough to amp it up or turn it down and still win.

We wont sniff a NFC title or SB until we find a better passer we can develope like Goff and Mahomes.

Despite coaching I think any of those guys are talented enough to work with the talent we have just fine.
Really? How was Goff with the great Jeff Fisher?

Yah.....that's what I thought.

STOP embarrassing yourself. Credibility at sub zero .

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Really? How was Goff with the great Jeff Fisher?

Yah.....that's what I thought.

STOP embarrassing yourself. Credibility at sub zero .

Atleast Goff showed arm promise under Fisher despite coaching. Dak wouldnt even make the cut under mcvay.

Stop embarrassing yourself believing Dak will one day develope into an Arron Rodgers like perfectionist!

blumayne38

Reaction score
You said we would never sniff a NFFC with dak.

We've already sniffed it twice, while Dak was 23 and 25 years old.

Defend your statement.

How the **** could we not go to a NFFC game with Dak if we've already been within one score of doing so two times in his first three seasons? There is zero logic to that statement.

And Dak didn't fail this year or in 2016, the defense and run game did, the only shining spot was Dak. Put a better team around him and the one score turns into us going.
Dak lost that rams game just as good as the defense did idk *** you’re talking about he was the only shinning spot lmao

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak lost that rams game just as good as the defense did idk *** you’re talking about he was the only shinning spot lmao

You thought Dak played as poorly as the defense?
Jesus lmaooooo

This definitely isn't your sport bub

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Daks inability to convert 3 Rd downs sure didn't help the defense. Kinda like jumping on a guys back that's running a marathon and getting off his back half way in. By that time he is exhausted. So the same guy comes up behind you and starts pushing you and everyone thinks he is some hero and doesn't think he cost the other guy a chance to win the race. That's Dak!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Daks inability to convert 3 Rd downs sure didn't help the defense. Kinda like jumping on a guys back that's running a marathon and getting off his back half way in. By that time he is exhausted. So the same guy comes up behind you and starts pushing you and everyone thinks he is some hero and doesn't think he cost the other guy a chance to win the race. That's Dak!

3rd down conversion is the offense, not just Dak. You should know this lol. You should also know cherry picking something like makes a bad argument lol.

Zeke wasn't going anywhere creating many 3rd and longs. Also we were 3/4 on 4th down making the missed 3rd down meaningless lol.

1st drive of the game we faced 3rd and 9 because of Zeke, Dak completes to Cooper past the sticks, Cooper runs backwards creating a 4th down. So yeah using something such as 3rd downs and blaming it on the QB is a bad look lol.

3rd third down attempt is a ball that goes through Cooper's hands. You just need the watch the game I guess

4th 3rd down was the La'el Collins sack

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

6th 3rd down Dak throws an absolute beauty to Brown on the sideline while rolling out to his right for a gain of 14 on 3rd and 15. But yeah, 3rd down was Dak lol.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Atleast Goff showed arm promise under Fisher despite coaching. Dak wouldnt even make the cut under mcvay.

Stop embarrassing yourself believing Dak will one day develope into an Arron Rodgers like perfectionist!
Show me where I said he'd ever be on Aaron's level.

Do it. I DARE YOU.

And you know NOTHING of Goff"s arm strength.

More hot air from you to make some believe that you know what you're talking about.......when you don't.

FTR - I'm not completely sold on Dakota......but I do see Improvements and certainly wouldn't bash him when he's winning games and out playing the likes of Brees.