Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah phil , you and your cohorts are right, gosh darn it, how is it all us Podunk butt sniffers just couldn't see how "average" our guy is, I mean with stats like these >
Since Prescott’s rookie season in 2016, only Tom Brady (31-7 record) and Ben Roethlisberger (29-9) have more wins as a starting quarterback than Prescott, who is 27-15. Drew Brees is also 27-15.
who in their right mind would EVER think Dak Prescott is just another in the long list of bum QB.s to hit the league, how dare us.

Garrett and Linehan and Moore are the bomb, why do we want them replaced?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
That’s exactly what the Eagles did when they were playing cover 1 and Cooper basically had to yell to Dak they keep sitting on the hooks, so throw it deep to him.
Ummm, THAt happened to be the call played by tada vanillahan...ALL GAME. It's so good of you to leave out the parts that blow your argument apart....mt bet, Dak snuffed that play call and went with coop, then even AFTER winning the game, got his butt chwed for side stepping the OC... wanna place a bet on it? Of course, W will never hear that, but it goes without saying.

SackMaster

Reaction score
What's Silly is you defending one of the lousiest QB's in the league . Cowboy or not .

Point the OP is tryin to Make is we are not going to the SB with Dak as our QB , he flat out stinks
I love it when people state OPINIONS as FACTS.

Sure, Dak may never win a SB, and the odds would be significatly in your favor. But the odds would be highly in your favor if you swapped out Dak for Mahomes too.

You, like I, don't know the future and neither one of us can say with any certainty that ANY QB that is not currently going to, or has been in a Super Bowl, can or cannot win a Championship.
  • If you go off of just PURE talent, why does Dan Marino have zero rings? How about Dan Fouts?
  • Or why did it take John Elway to get a legit running game with Terrell Davis before he could win?
  • How about Jim Kelly who was a "wide right" from owning at least one Super Bowl ring?
  • How did Tony Romo NEVER get past the Divisional Round?
On the opposite side, how did the following QBs even get to a Super Bowl:
  1. Nick Foles
  2. Colin Kaepernick
  3. Joe Flacco
  4. Eli Manning
  5. Rex Grossman
  6. Matt Hasselbeck
  7. Donavan McNabb
  8. Jake Delhomme
  9. Brad Johnson
  10. Trent Dilfer
  11. Kerry Collins
Simply put, it takes more than "pure talent" to win in the NFL. Maybe it works in the NBA, and maybe it makes a bigger difference in MLB. But in the NFL, EVERYONE on a team needs to step up.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to hate on the guy who in all likelihood is going to be the QB for the next 4-10 years, then go right ahead and be miserable. You are your own person and can believe / feel how ever the heck you want.

Just don't get mad when people continue to support THEIR TEAM regardless if it is Dak, Tony, or the next kid that comes in and people like you believe them to be "one of the lousiest QB's in the league" or "flat out stinks".

So the only thing Silly here is the people who continually berate a COWBOYS FANS for liking a COWBOYS PLAYER that is very easy to like.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down.

Yeah, let's wait until we have a Brady or a Brees before thinking about winning in the playoffs.

Fact is, teams have won with a lot less at QB than Brady and Brees. And we aren't letting our QB be the best he can be.

If you want to make comparisons, notice that every HC left in the playoffs is better than Garrett, hands down.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But our hope is that we replace Dak at QB

Without an injury to Dak, I don't see that happening, and if it does, you better hope Mike White starts turning into Tom Brady real fast. Maybe we pick up a mid rounder like Mike White again to push out Rush, but we're not shopping for a replacement QB for Dak this offseason.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
On the opposite side, how did the following QBs even get to a Super Bowl:
  1. Nick Foles
  2. Colin Kaepernick
  3. Joe Flacco
  4. Eli Manning
  5. Rex Grossman
  6. Matt Hasselbeck
  7. Donavan McNabb
  8. Jake Delhomme
  9. Brad Johnson
  10. Trent Dilfer
  11. Kerry Collins

The "elite QB or bust" bandwagon are just going to be disappointed. Those guys don't grow on trees. We lucked out with both Tony and Dak. Things could be a lot worse, and *were* between Aikman and Tony.

Dak has issues, but he does protect the ball pretty well, and our coaching has been holding him back. We can be competitive for a title with Dak. It would be nice to have Brady, but that aint gonna happen.

You can't plan on getting that elite QB. You could plan to churn mid round QBs, and if you do it consistently, I think you could keep guys you can be competitive with coming. Maybe one day we hit on an elite player by doing that. That's an actual QB strategy for a franchise.

"Wah! I wanna elite QB!" is *not* a strategy.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't need a question to point out fallacies...

Logic is determined by facts.. lol..you have no facts to logically deduce Zack Martin doesn't like Dak (avoid generalities we are talking Cowboys)...or your emotional intellect allows you to read Zack's mind...Is Zack lying lol
Tell me about emotions again
You need something to make up this bs emotional stuff you're kicking. Nothing in my post mention no expletive Zack Martin. Take your made up straw man elsewhere. Show the board where I mention Zach Martin my not reading with logic poster? I mentioned others game planning against him instead of Zeke when they play the Boys and you bring me a quote from Zach Martin.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down. Not to mention despite the loses, non of those QB's disappointed, not even Mahomes who we know had he gotten that ball back in overtime, he more than likely makes history against the GOAT.

And bash Goff all you want, when that guy falls behind and he has to make the more difficult accurate throws, that guy is spot on whether he throws for 100 or 400 yards every time. Is dak that consistant....NO!

Brees and Brady? Enough said!

Alot of our fans are being hypocrites when it comes to Dak and these other QB's having average games.

These guys in the playoffs do what they need to do to get the job done while dak folds under these pressures.

Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. Stop being jealous because Goff has lead his team to the big dance while Dak has contributed to sending our team home, giving the fans nothing to look forward to.

Accept the fact that the QBs you guys are bashing are still talented enough to amp it up or turn it down and still win.

We wont sniff a NFC title or SB until we find a better passer we can develope like Goff and Mahomes.

Despite coaching I think any of those guys are talented enough to work with the talent we have just fine.
And yet they are at home. Ben Rothisberger at home no playoff, 25 mil a year. I have never seen a team fanbase bash their QB like ours. 2 division titles in 3 years, horrible OC and head coach and he still gets bashed all the time... lol..... You say Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. but Dak had us one game from conference championship and which the defense lost the game, the defense lost the game not Dak.... lol.... Lawrence 2 sacks last 7 games but lets give him 18 mil a year, lol. Zeke 47 yards blame Dak.... It took the great John Elway 15 years to win a ring, Marino never won one....

over the last 25 years only about 10 QBs out of 500 won a ring, blame Dak. Dak is what about 24 or 25 years old. give him time.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down. Not to mention despite the loses, non of those QB's disappointed, not even Mahomes who we know had he gotten that ball back in overtime, he more than likely makes history against the GOAT.

And bash Goff all you want, when that guy falls behind and he has to make the more difficult accurate throws, that guy is spot on whether he throws for 100 or 400 yards every time. Is dak that consistant....NO!

Brees and Brady? Enough said!

Alot of our fans are being hypocrites when it comes to Dak and these other QB's having average games.

These guys in the playoffs do what they need to do to get the job done while dak folds under these pressures.

Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. Stop being jealous because Goff has lead his team to the big dance while Dak has contributed to sending our team home, giving the fans nothing to look forward to.

Accept the fact that the QBs you guys are bashing are still talented enough to amp it up or turn it down and still win.

We wont sniff a NFC title or SB until we find a better passer we can develope like Goff and Mahomes.

Despite coaching I think any of those guys are talented enough to work with the talent we have just fine.
You're still here? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Dak is gonna get 150 million dollars!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Our team is not on the level of the Rams. Why single out Dak? Agenda?

Funny thing about comments like this is that non of the teams left in the playoffs are perfect by a longshot.

This level thing you speak of is craziness!