Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, another Dak is good, Dak sucks, etc etc thread. What a shocker. Will these ever stop? Find another team if you can't support my QB.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Let's see what you actually said

Why would any logical fan want to let go of Dak's rookie season..it happened it wasn't some emotional disregard of logic..it happened. Would Any GM start Dak's contract negotiation by initially letting go of Dak's rookie season?
If other fans hypothetically had Dak's flaws including his strengths (Wins too) they'd be logically trying to understand how to improve his flaws. You assume Dak would have only taken his negatives QB skills to another team..that is an emotional assumption.

So back to your original point...I showed a quote where Zach stated Dak is good enough. But you called it "strawman" because you meant "others game planning against him instead of Zeke when they play the boys..."
We no **** Sherlock...rule No.1 in defense is to stop the run!!! On every level in football. If Philmonroe, Qcard or Aikman were QB1 today every defensive game plan would be to stop Zeke...that does not logically mean Dak is "weak link"...like I said it's a fallacy to believe players on defenses think Dak is weak link because the key run defense first... it's just defense tradition.
No logical fan would throw away Dak's rookie 2016 season buffered by his winning %...
That is an emotional move bruh
Nothing you post makes sense. Who mentioned a gm and contract discussions regarding what I posted? More strawman stuff from you. Wins aren't his strength because they aren't a qb stat regardless of what you parrot from someone on tv. I assume he'd take his average self to another team. Yes but that's not emotional that's his skill set. I know you're one of those hard pressed Internet posters trying to be right but you're not good enough at to do so.

I called it a strawman because I never mentioned Zach or any other teammates not liking him so yes a made up strawman is what I said you said. The number 1 rule from the what you heard on tv again. Please stop telling me this stuff you heard on tv. Again mr don't make any sense who said anything about throwInt away his 2016 season. Point is it's not 2016 anymore how long you holding for. He hasn't been that good since but I see you one of those stuck in time posters that won't let it go like it isn't 2019 now. Stay stuck in 2016 all you want to.

Qcard

Reaction score
Nothing you post makes sense. Who mentioned a gm and contract discussions regarding what I posted? More strawman stuff from you. Wins aren't his strength because they aren't a qb stat regardless of what you parrot from someone on tv. I assume he'd take his average self to another team. Yes but that's not emotional that's his skill set. I know you're one of those hard pressed Internet posters trying to be right but you're not good enough at to do so.

I called it a strawman because I never mentioned Zach or any other teammates not liking him so yes a made up strawman is what I said you said. The number 1 rule from the what you heard on tv again. Please stop telling me this stuff you heard on tv. Again mr don't make any sense who said anything about throwInt away his 2016 season. Point is it's not 2016 anymore how long you holding for. He hasn't been that good since but I see you one of those stuck in time posters that won't let it go like it isn't 2019 now. Stay stuck in 2016 all you want to.
Who still watches TV? Lmao

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
But I dont wanna! Without the cowboys I lose interest in football.

I have the right to be in love with my team and still dislike a player.
I have to agree with this point. You can be a fan of the cowboys but not a fan of every single player. Who was a Quincy Carter fan?

One player isn't the entire franchise and it's history

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
*cough*

On the advice of legal counsel, I invoke my Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination, and respectfully decline to answer your question.

:grin:
Oh comeon brother. I've seen all the cowboys sites and this is the best dang forum in the World baby. No not just Texas. Not just the USA. Not just North America. Not just all the Americas. In the entire world.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's the best cowboys forum in the entire freaking Universe. Sorry cowboys fans from other planets. My bad dawgs

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak would’ve scored on the drive had Zeke picked up the first on the 4th down run

Dak would’ve scored a TD and the 2-point had the defense been able to force a punt on the last drive

Your point?

Lack of offensive play calling screwed us.

Gameover

Reaction score
Where can we get one of the QB that outperformed Dak!

Look at that accuracy.... beautiful

Brees height is his achilles heel

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Y’all say Dak isn’t a good QB, but truly I believe it’s the coaching holding him back. Look at this Amari Cooper highlight reel and look at some of the passes Dak makes.

There are other passes from this season that I’d like to include, but I’d have to look through some more videos and put them on here, which I am currently too lazy to do. Dak is CAPABLE of doing such things, but his coaches don’t/didn’t BELIEVE in him and let him loose. Yeah his mechanics need work, but everything else is there. Some of y’all act like Dak is the absolute worst thing you’ve ever seen in football. Once these things are worked on and he gains more experience (like most of the good QB’s in the league) he’s gonna be a dual threat. He’s gonna be the next Cam Newton or Russell Wilson to me (at that, look at Russell Wilson’s first 3 seasons stats)

keysersoze

Reaction score
I love it when people state OPINIONS as FACTS.

Sure, Dak may never win a SB, and the odds would be significatly in your favor. But the odds would be highly in your favor if you swapped out Dak for Mahomes too.

You, like I, don't know the future and neither one of us can say with any certainty that ANY QB that is not currently going to, or has been in a Super Bowl, can or cannot win a Championship.
  • If you go off of just PURE talent, why does Dan Marino have zero rings? How about Dan Fouts?
  • Or why did it take John Elway to get a legit running game with Terrell Davis before he could win?
  • How about Jim Kelly who was a "wide right" from owning at least one Super Bowl ring?
  • How did Tony Romo NEVER get past the Divisional Round?
On the opposite side, how did the following QBs even get to a Super Bowl:
  1. Nick Foles
  2. Colin Kaepernick
  3. Joe Flacco
  4. Eli Manning
  5. Rex Grossman
  6. Matt Hasselbeck
  7. Donavan McNabb
  8. Jake Delhomme
  9. Brad Johnson
  10. Trent Dilfer
  11. Kerry Collins
Simply put, it takes more than "pure talent" to win in the NFL. Maybe it works in the NBA, and maybe it makes a bigger difference in MLB. But in the NFL, EVERYONE on a team needs to step up.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to hate on the guy who in all likelihood is going to be the QB for the next 4-10 years, then go right ahead and be miserable. You are your own person and can believe / feel how ever the heck you want.

Just don't get mad when people continue to support THEIR TEAM regardless if it is Dak, Tony, or the next kid that comes in and people like you believe them to be "one of the lousiest QB's in the league" or "flat out stinks".

So the only thing Silly here is the people who continually berate a COWBOYS FANS for liking a COWBOYS PLAYER that is very easy to like.
:clap:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Now's as good a time as any to jump off the bandwagon. Garrett will be back and so will Dak.

It's time to just:
giphy.gif

Do us a favor and make more room.

LOL!!!

That’s one of the funniest gifs I’ve ever seen. Gonna start using it whenever I can!

Little Jr

Reaction score
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down. Not to mention despite the loses, non of those QB's disappointed, not even Mahomes who we know had he gotten that ball back in overtime, he more than likely makes history against the GOAT.

And bash Goff all you want, when that guy falls behind and he has to make the more difficult accurate throws, that guy is spot on whether he throws for 100 or 400 yards every time. Is dak that consistant....NO!

Brees and Brady? Enough said!

Alot of our fans are being hypocrites when it comes to Dak and these other QB's having average games.

These guys in the playoffs do what they need to do to get the job done while dak folds under these pressures.

Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. Stop being jealous because Goff has lead his team to the big dance while Dak has contributed to sending our team home, giving the fans nothing to look forward to.

Accept the fact that the QBs you guys are bashing are still talented enough to amp it up or turn it down and still win.

We wont sniff a NFC title or SB until we find a better passer we can develope like Goff and Mahomes.

Despite coaching I think any of those guys are talented enough to work with the talent we have just fine.
So, on a cowboys forum, fans shouldn't bash other qbs, but it's ok to bash our own? Gotcha. Lmao.

Last edited:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
And by "Stage too big for him" you mean the "Hanging 28 second half points on the Pats to lead the game LATE in the 4th quarter, fall behind 31-28 with 0:39 left and drive the team for a tying FG to toal 31 points 2nd half points on the Pats = Stage too Big for Him"?
Doesn't excuse the fact that he still looked inexperienced fora lot of that game.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Doesn't excuse the fact that he still looked inexperienced fora lot of that game.

What am I excusing, a first year starter having to work through a Bill Bellicheck defensive gameplan in the AFCC and, save a Dee Ford offsides and coinflip, would have won the game?

Proof

Reaction score
If it's so easy then why is Dak leading the league in game winning drives since he entered the league? Seriously he's so bad but why are his numbers at end of halves and 4th qtr/ OT so incredible? You're just blinded by hate, obviously. Even people who don't like Dak agree when the games on the line he does a damn good job of making it happen one way or another. He's got half the number of game winning drives as your beloved Romo in only 3 years.

This is what I don't understand. You can bash the dude for a myriad of reasons, but one of the few indisputable facts is that he performs best from behind, and late in games. I don't know why it was mentioned that he doesn't bring the team back from 10+ much, when a) it hasn't happened much, and b) he did just that in the 2016 playoffs against the GOAT.

Then I keep seeing stuff like "only scored x by this point in the game" as if that's a valid point. In the rams game for instance people say only scored 15 points midway through the 4th quarter. ok? He then engineered a drive to get it within a score and got the ball back with a chance to tie. Mahomes was only 4-8 for 64 yards in the first half... irrelevant. For the most part throughout his career, he keeps us in games, comes back in them, and gives us a shot to win in the majority of them. the "trashing" of the remaining qb's is more just to show that even elite guys struggle in the playoffs, Brees is home, Mahomes is home, Foles? home. Goff would be home if not for the worst non-call in nfl history and hasn't cracked 300 yards passing but once in his last 7 games (and didn't throw a td in that game), and only had multiple tds in a game once in that span too (a gift against the niners). Their running game, defense, and refs have carried them since the shootout against the chiefs.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Point is every QB that was left in the playoffs yesterday is better than Dak hands down. Not to mention despite the loses, non of those QB's disappointed, not even Mahomes who we know had he gotten that ball back in overtime, he more than likely makes history against the GOAT.

And bash Goff all you want, when that guy falls behind and he has to make the more difficult accurate throws, that guy is spot on whether he throws for 100 or 400 yards every time. Is dak that consistant....NO!

Brees and Brady? Enough said!

Alot of our fans are being hypocrites when it comes to Dak and these other QB's having average games.

These guys in the playoffs do what they need to do to get the job done while dak folds under these pressures.

Dak is not on any of their levels nor is he playoff or championship material. Stop being jealous because Goff has lead his team to the big dance while Dak has contributed to sending our team home, giving the fans nothing to look forward to.

Accept the fact that the QBs you guys are bashing are still talented enough to amp it up or turn it down and still win.

We wont sniff a NFC title or SB until we find a better passer we can develope like Goff and Mahomes.

Despite coaching I think any of those guys are talented enough to work with the talent we have just fine.

Go support another team you soupcan lol trash post