Travis Frederick has Guillain Barre Syndrome

aria

Reaction score
So you’re saying the season isn’t over before game 1?
Game one is a must win game :rolleyes: I haven’t been the most optimistic fan this season and I have always said our O line is our strength and as much as losing Frederick will hurt we are still well above average on the O line.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
My grandpa had that. He was diagnosed with it when he was 85 years old. Unfortunately, due to his age it helped bring about his death. He was in constant pain the last few months

Some historians believe that it was this disease that afflicted FDR... not polio.

Fortunately, Frederick is young.
Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear your grandpa had to go through that experience. May he rest in paradise.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I thought he had stinger symptoms? GBS usually starts with ascending paralysis and goes up the body following an infection (CMV or camplobacter jejuni). Many are bed ridden within a week even with plasmapheresis or ivig therapy. Wonder how he's presenting get now? Did they get protein in his CSF?

People young and healthy make a full recovery with quick treatment to slow it. Definitely not a career ender. Will take SIGNIFICANT rehab though usually at a hospital or rehab facility.

Reactions: BAT

Fontaine

Reaction score
Oh god the thought of Chaz trotting out as a starter is to much to bare.

Get better Travis, for you and your family first, and for your Cowboys family second.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that this disease was diagnosed early leaves room for encouragement in and of itself.

Hopefully, a lasting cure might be possible in a few weeks, as opposed to considerably longer.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Everyone (except for a few) worrying about the team...
I worry for him.

Football is a damn game. This is his life.

I don't care about the Dallas Cowboys, over his ability to live his life.
Love the man and hope he has a long and healthy life after this with his family.

Now let's go draft a badd-A center next year, yes?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is shocking to hear. When you read about it, if caught early it is very treatable with excellent prognosis. Hopefully it was caught soon. Selfishly you want him playing but Beard is such a good guy you just want him to get better. Sad but not a huge deal.

For Jason Garrett this is great. He will be able to ride this excuse all season.

Reactions: BAT

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Is there a doctor in the house... paging Dr Alex
sQ0ceXl.jpg