Travis Frederick has Guillain Barre Syndrome

JBond

Reaction score
This sucks, but as I mentioned yesterday we need to be prepared to play our scrub backups in the preseason and into the season. Feel bad for Fredrick and his family. Now officially more worried about the offense than the defense.

How will the Clapper adjust?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This sucks, but as I mentioned yesterday we need to be prepared to play our scrub backups in the preseason and into the season. Feel bad for Fredrick and his family. Now officially more worried about the offense than the defense.

How will the Clapper adjust?
Next man up.

That is just how it goes.

Even Stephen Jones says that the safety situation is what it is.

We may have to just suck it up and even play a strong safety at free safety if we have to.

But we are, of course, always looking for ways to improve the team if opportunity presents itself.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
6nhMPrq.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
I blame it on too many PS games! :p

Sorry couldn't resist.

JBond

Reaction score
Next man up.

That is just how it goes.

Even Stephen Jones says that the safety situation is what it is.

We may have to just suck it up and even play a strong safety at free safety if we have to.

But we are, of course, always looking for ways to improve the team if opportunity presents itself.
Next man up is a nice thought unless the next man up is a practice squad quality player. As far as always looking to improve, Dallas Cowboys leadership on that philosophy years ago.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Not to be cliche but this is one of those bigger than football things. I don't like what I'm reading about the disease even if Frederick has been lucky enough to catch it early.

Turning to the team impact, that crushes this year. Him or Martin turning out more serious was sure to be devastating. Even as a Dak optimist, the strength of the team is the offensive line, and that it is where the resources have been invested.

Definitely need to be considering long term Center options going forward.

Get well soon.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
As much as I want him to show up and keep being the elite Center he is, I honestly don't care.

I just want the man to get to full health and have no negative impact on his life. As much as I love Dallas, if they suffer for that, so be it. His health is the priority.

Verdict

Reaction score
First, I hope Fred Beard a speedy and full recovery. Great player and team leader. He will be missed.

Second, I think this will be somewhat like the Apollo 13 Mission. This will not be a tragedy to the team. This will be our finest hour. Jerry, Garrett, and McClay will make the right call on what to do.

We will persevere. We will fight. We will win. This is still our year.

Reactions: BAT

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Thank you for this great post

Always a pleasure. Last year in was on the jaylon recovery circle. I dont think theres much to worry about. It's a temporary condition that will not affect him after his recovery. I believe it will be short lived and he will recover in 8 weeks max. Then again this is based upon the initial mild symptoms as a prognosis

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Some of the comments on the first few pages are just awful.

Good luck to Travis, wish him a speedy recovery. No doubt he'll get through this and come back even stronger.

Ahh, I was wondering what everyone was talking about.