Tremaine Edmunds

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm a Roquan fan as I see him as our future WLB, but I'm also a big fan of Edmunds who has the size to easily fit in at SLB (assuming Jaylon is the Mike). I think he's been under the radar a bit but will shoot up in mocks after the combine, potentially even out of our range.

He doesn't make a lot of splashy plays in terms of picks or anything like that, but he's one of the better tacklers in the draft and has the size to contribute immediately.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Edwards is > Roquan for me.
Sorry not sorry. I'm just old school and like bigger backers.

He would be an excellent fit at SAM(with occasional pass rush duties) who could also play Mike if needed.

I don't think either guy is there at 19 tbh. Defense has made a comeback.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I started a thread on this dude a while back. Actually think he's a better fit for us than Roquan, but I'm already seeing him mocked in the top 10.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Edmunds is a beast. Big backer who can take on blocks easily. Bill parcels would love him.
I truly hope he falls to us but I doubt it

cowboyec

Reaction score
Smith and Edmunds are the top 2 LBs in this class.
I hope we get a shot at one of them...but it aint likely.
Rashaan Evans would be my next favorite LB if they are gone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe any of the three - Edmunds, Smith or Evans - would be a good addition to the defense.

Serious question: with Lee and J Smith firmly entrenched as starters in the standard 4-3 as well as the nickel and dime defenses, how much do we see a early round LB selection playing (notwithstanding injury, of course)?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I believe any of the three - Edmunds, Smith or Evans - would be a good addition to the defense.

Serious question: with Lee and J Smith firmly entrenched as starters in the standard 4-3 as well as the nickel and dime defenses, how much do we see a early round LB selection playing (notwithstanding injury, of course)?
Well Smith is coming off a big injury and Lee is older and having injury problems. We need Lee replacement soon and this is a draft we could do it. I think a rookie would get some great playing time as I expect Lee to miss a few games.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Don't think Jaylon plays nickel or dime. He was removed this year in those circumstances in games where he played well. In games where he played them he tended to struggle.
At a position where you play 3 guys heavy it is nice to have a 4th starter. Especially given Lee's injury history.

I think you'd rush Edwards on 3rd down a decent amount. He's essentially a really great version of Kyle Wilber. But you prolly don't want him covering a ton as a rookie.
If they land Roquan, that is the definitive nickel backer. Bigger question on him if can he handle the run in down 1 and 2 with massive OL and backs rolling downhill.

cnuball21

Reaction score

This is a great question. If the team feels great about Smith and his recovery, than he doesn't need to come off the field on 3rd down as his coverage skills were elite as a prospect. Lee is very solid there too.

Another big piece of the puzzle is if they resign Hitch.

If they don't resign Hitch I think Edmunds would be a no brainer as he could give you some snaps at SAM and eventually be the guy that takes over the MIKE and lets Jaylon move to WILL when he retires. Again, if the team feels good about Jaylon's future I don't like Roquan as they play the same position.

I don't want Smith playing MIKE long term, not his best spot.

jay94

Reaction score
A big injury is no excuse any more that is in the past. He was healthy all last year, and didn't perform that great. Lets see all pro this year or a busted pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Roquan is another Will on a team that's got plenty of Wills. Lee's an All-Pro Will, Jaylon's a natural Will, and if we resign Hitchens than he's a Will too.

Edmumds brings some size and some thump that Roquan doesn't. He's the Mike we need.

Tbh, I'm not sure if I'd even have Roquan on my board. Maybe if we don't resign Hitchens, but if we do than I don't think Roquan would have a home.

cnuball21

Reaction score
A big injury is no excuse any more that is in the past. He was healthy all last year, and didn't perform that great. Lets see all pro this year or a busted pick.

Healthy all last year? I think that's a bit of a stretch. HE may have been healthy enough to be on the field but he certainly wasn't 10
Roquan is another Will on a team that's got plenty of Wills. Lee's an All-Pro Will, Jaylon's a natural Will, and if we resign Hitchens than he's a Will too.

Edmumds brings some size and some thump that Roquan doesn't. He's the Mike we need.

Tbh, I'm not sure if I'd even have Roquan on my board. Maybe if we don't resign Hitchens, but if we do than I don't think Roquan would have a home.

While I think Hitch is pretty solid at MIKE, everything else is spot on.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Edwards is > Roquan for me.
Sorry not sorry. I'm just old school and like bigger backers.

He would be an excellent fit at SAM(with occasional pass rush duties) who could also play Mike if needed.

I don't think either guy is there at 19 tbh. Defense has made a comeback.
Not even close, unfortunately. Roquan will be a top 10 LB as soon as he enters the league. Best instincts I have ever seen in college.