Tremaine Edmunds

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Whats your point on Lee...?

The source I was 4.71. So again can Lee not cover TEs and RBs if he runs a 4.7? Thats what you just said.

Ohhhh "if" so you just made up this completely hypthetical scenario based off of nothing. If Jessica Simpson is 350 pounds I wouldn't **** her. Am I doing this right? Just completely arbitrary comments based on nothing.

Shall we go over that LBs who run a 4.7 and slower cover NFL TEs and RBs all the time?

The point is you and the source you failed to link are wrong. Demonstrably. Of course you double down on it.

You are a complete waste of time.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Same.

Had we not won that meaningless game against the Eagles, we might have had a legit shot at drafting this (literal)kid.

I think he might go top 10 when it's all said and done. There's not a lot of top-end talent this year that has impressed me, and Edmunds is going to destroy at the underwear Olympics.

cnuball21

Reaction score
How about you go back and watch the games from last year. I prefer to think for myself.

He practiced at MIKE exclusively in training camp before Hitchens got hurt. Cool story though.

And he was fine taking on blocks. He sure as heck stacked and shed better than Lee and Hitchens. His issues were biting hard on play fakes, not recognizing route combinations run at him, and terrible gap integrity. All of those improved.

Watched every snap of every game last year and I saw a guy that looked tentative most of the year. Racked
If he runs a 4.7 then it doesn't matter he won't be able to hang with NFL RB and TE much less receivers. His upside in our system is at SAM.

He won't run a 4.7, but you do realize that Lee ran close to that right? Instincts go a long ways in relation to play speed.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I dont care who you are? How long youve been here doesnt mean much. It's very apparent that those multiple times of watching the game don't do you much good, you dont seem to grasp anything from watching.

You think that playing SAM means you're lined up on the LOS.... wow that's a new one lmao.

You'll learn fuzzy is one of the most sincerely ignorant people you'll ever meet.

Welcome aboard, btw.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I couldn't believe when I heard that Edmunds is 19 years old. Dude was starting D-1 football games at 16 too, he's an absolute freak.

That actually raises my evaluation of him quite a bit, because not only is it possible for him to get even bigger and faster, it's likely. Reminds me of when we drafted a 20 yo Tyron at 6'5" 285, and 2 or 3 years later he was 6'5" 320 and still had that same freaky agility. Edmunds has that level of upside.
And as you can see age doesn’t matter in football with Tyrone durability. There’s no difference in Edmunds being 19 as opposed to 21. Seriously. Young is young

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Sean Lee ran a 4.71 eight years, guess he cant keep up with RBs and TEs then.

What a stupid statement.

Not too mention you pulling 4.7 40 out of thin air as if thats what Edmunds is going to run. Most jave him pidgeonholed as a 4.55 guy, Zierlien even said "dont try to make a comp for his. A guy with his size and speed can likely only be compared to a basketball player."
Lee didn’t run predraft I don’t think. He was injured

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I couldn't believe when I heard that Edmunds is 19 years old. Dude was starting D-1 football games at 16 too, he's an absolute freak.

That actually raises my evaluation of him quite a bit, because not only is it possible for him to get even bigger and faster, it's likely. Reminds me of when we drafted a 20 yo Tyron at 6'5" 285, and 2 or 3 years later he was 6'5" 320 and still had that same freaky agility. Edmunds has that level of upside.

Lol, that brought me back to all the incessant whining about Tyron's weight when he was coming out. Folks literally thought a 20 year old kid wasn't going gain weight and that he didn't play any good DEs in the Package 12.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Watched every snap of every game last year and I saw a guy that looked tentative most of the year. Racked

He won't run a 4.7, but you do realize that Lee ran close to that right? Instincts go a long ways in relation to play speed.

What facile analysis. Youre entitled to your opinion but you lack the ability to do much more than claim victory with asinine buzz words.

Lee had a .2 split between his combine time and proday time. He was coming off an ACL injury. Do you need me to walk you through it more?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And we have no idea what Edmunds will run. He didn't play out in space much at all but watching him chase plays downfield I do not think a 4.7 out of the realm of possibility. He wasn't asked to cover much past 10 yards so I cannot say whether or not he can do it but if he runs like Wilson did he is going ot have the same problems in coverage Wilson has.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Anthony Hitchens ran a 4.74 at the combine.

He was 3rd in the entire league in coverage snaps per reception allowed.

:laugh: PFF coverage grades for a zone player in the middle of the field. How adorable.

Just curious how do you think they determine who to assign as the defender on a throw?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
And we have no idea what Edmunds will run. He didn't play out in space much at all but watching him chase plays downfield I do not think a 4.7 out of the realm of possibility. He wasn't asked to cover much past 10 yards so I cannot say whether or not he can do it but if he runs like Wilson did he is going ot have the same problems in coverage Wilson has.

How many LBs are? If you are routinely asking an LB to cover 20+ yards deep, your DC screwed up a long time ago.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
What facile analysis. Youre entitled to your opinion but you lack the ability to do much more than claim victory with asinine buzz words.

Lee had a .2 split between his combine time and proday time. He was coming off an ACL injury. Do you need me to walk you through it more?

No, I'd just like you to bring a little more to the tab
The hell it doesn't. Tyron has 2-3 years longer in his athletic prime than your average draft picks does, and it's the same thing with Edmunds.

Yup - I think it's also huge that you're looking at extending after a rookie contract for someone in their mid 20s as opposed to late 20s

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How many LBs are? If you are routinely asking an LB to cover 20+ yards deep, your DC screwed up a long time ago.

The point was I was making was that there is no real indication of his coverage ability because he was not asked to do it.

And if he cannot run then either we can never make man calls or he is going to be eaten alive by RB and TE when we do. It means he is a liability in passing situations. Your MIKE and WILL ideals have range beyond short zones.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The point was I was making was that there is no real indication of his coverage ability because he was not asked to do it.

And if he cannot run then either we can never make man calls or he is going to be eaten alive by RB and TE when we do. It means he is a liability in passing situations. Your MIKE and WILL ideals have range beyond short zones.

He only covered within 10 yards. On the vast majority of snaps, NFL LBs cover within 10 yards. It seems like a fair indication of his coverage skills to me.

And WRT "he'll get eaten alive in man" - our defense runs man about half the time. Lee is a 4.7 guy, Hitch is a 4.7 guy and has nowhere near the Spidey senses of Lee. See either one of them getting eaten alive?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

He only covered within 10 yards. On the vast majority of snaps, NFL LBs cover within 10 yards. It seems like a fair indication of his coverage skills to me.

And WRT "he'll get eaten alive in man" - our defense runs man about half the time. Lee is a 4.7 guy, Hitch is a 4.7 guy and has nowhere near the Spidey senses of Lee. See either one of them getting eaten alive?

In the NFL LB need to be able to work out in space covering backs and TE. If he is only able to handle the flat and short zones he is not worth a first for a 4-3 team. He needs to go to a 3-4 team.

As was pointed out before, Lee never ran a 4.7 in the pre draft workouts. He was coming off an ACL injury and ran a 4.8 and then 4.6 a couple months later. What is obvious is that he was recovering from said injury what is not obvious is that he had fully recovered by that point. Watching him run with WR I tend to think he had not.

Hitchens is a 4.7 guy. He was also drafted in the 4th round 119th overall. We are talking about 100 picks earlier with Edmunds.

Hitchens is limited in pass coverage. Now before you quote me the PFF ratings I want you to tell me how PFF assigns who was in coverage on a throw and how players in zone in the middle of the field would impact that method.

When Hitchens is asked to carry guys downfield, he struggles and his lack of range is a big reason why our coverage in the middle of the field has been so bad for the past few years. Sean Lee can cover wheel routes. Hitchens cannot. Run the RB up the seam on cover 2 and we're in a pickle.

And we ran man about half the time before this year. This past year we ran mostly cover 2 and cover 3. The coverage in the middle of the field was pretty bad and Hitchens lack of range was a big part of that as it has been for quite some time. In cover 2 the MIKE has to pick up routes downfield in the middle of the field.

Sure you can have the slot and safeties cover up his limitations but you don't pick guys like that in the first round.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he runs a 4.7 then it doesn't matter he won't be able to hang with NFL RB and TE much less receivers. His upside in our system is at SAM.
He's a hell of an athlete I expect him to be around me 4.55-4.6.
I think he could play any one if our 3 spots...sadly he will be long gone.

DanA

Reaction score
Tremaine Edmunds might be one of the top 5 athletes in this draft. I don't know where it came about that he's gonna run a 4.7 forty.