Tremaine Edmunds

Gaede

Reaction score
Smith and Edmunds are the top 2 LBs in this class.
I hope we get a shot at one of them...but it aint likely.
Rashaan Evans would be my next favorite LB if they are gone.
I like all 3. Good chance we get one of them, if LB is on our radar

sbark

Reaction score
Appears to me, the Boise State Kid shows the best combo of size and LB instincts we see in S.Lee..........

R.Smith has the instincts, speed, but is little small, but would be protected in Rod M Will spot.........

Plankton

Reaction score
While I do think that Edmunds is going to be a very good pro, I don't think that he's a scheme fit for this defense at all. He would be a wasted asset in Dallas. Smith is a much better fit for what the Cowboy defense currently does.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not even close, unfortunately. Roquan will be a top 10 LB as soon as he enters the league. Best instincts I have ever seen in college.
I saw Oklahoma roll Roquan for an entire half.

Now I'll grant in that second half once the Georgia DL starting twisting and stunting every play he made play after play but he was bad in that first half.

If he goes top 10 good luck to him.

Soonerman1

Reaction score
One of them will be there, will see who, after 5 qbs are gone by 19, that moves a lot of picks down.
I prefer Edmunds, espically with his size. Since the FO won’t invest in a dominate 1-tech DT, our LB’ers get absolutely killed over 16 games by pulling guards that isn’t responsible for Doubling the 1t-DT cause every year we get at least one who was working at Lowe’s last year. Don’t think Smith size will hold up—example - See SHAUN LEE.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
that's why we go with Leighton Vander Esch,
I read alot of positive thing about this guy when he declared but couldnt find much tape, once I found tape I was incredibly disappointed. Looks sluggish, Urlacher comps are totally unwarranted other than him being big & white.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
While I do think that Edmunds is going to be a very good pro, I don't think that he's a scheme fit for this defense at all. He would be a wasted asset in Dallas. Smith is a much better fit for what the Cowboy defense currently does.

Currently do?

We’ve been trotting out the same scheme for years now under Maranelli.

Edmunds would presumably got the role Ro McClain had while here.

Aven8

Reaction score
Intially I thought Smith was kind of small at 225, but after watching Telvin Smith this post season I sprint to the podium if Smith is still in the board!

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think he can play at any of the 3 lb spots.....

Me too. I just mean that the majority of the NFL plays in nickel the majority of the time. If his role is SLB it's kind of limiting our profit since he wouldn't be used nearly as much as Lee/Smith.

I'm pretty sure Richards was coaching in Seattle with Irvin as SLB in a kind of LEO role (more of a roamer/blitzer, like a chess piece), but it was a move to take advantage of his athleticism and threat as a pass rusher.

If they're seeing Lee really slowing down in the next year or two, then I could see Edmunds moving to MLB and Smith to the weakside. But I don't think they'd get that guy this year, maybe if he's by far the BPA. I think there may be some better players there with some talent that can make an impact sooner.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I like Edmunds but he needs to run will at the combine in order for me to want him at 19. He really shows nothing out in space and I am not big on 2 down players in the first round. If he can run 4.60 or better than sign me up.

He's raw but intelligent and physically imposing. He's a rare breed that can take on blocks coming out of the NCAA. He would have been an easy first rounder 20 years ago. He just needs to be able to work in space to be worth a first rounder.

If he doesn't run well then a guy like Price, James, Kirk, or Vea makes a lot more sense.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Huh? You know we've got 2 guys best suited for the Will, and Smith is another Will prospect.

Our MiKE, Hitch, is a FA...so how is Edmunds not a fit for what we need?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Huh? You know we've got 2 guys best suited for the Will, and Smith is another Will prospect.

Jaylon played MIKE exclusively last season. He is fine taking on blocks and his recognition improved markedly as the season progressed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think Edmunds gets taken ahead of Smith due to his size and ability to become a chess piece player.
He is a king-sized LBer that will attract 3-4 teams too. Supposedly Chicago is very interested in him.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Dude is a Justin Houston clone. He will start by playing the backside in a 3-4 D, just being the designated 4th rusher. Give him some seasoning and he'll be an All-Pro and complete 3-4 OLB.

Plankton

Reaction score

I think that Edmunds fits best as an OLB in a 3-4. I think that Edmunds would be a bear attacking the LOS and rushing the passer from the outside, and he's strong enough to play over the TE. I don't think he would be able to drop in coverage the way a MLB in this scheme needs to. The Cowboys seem to want Jaylon Smith to be the MLB going forward (I do agree that he's better suited for WLB, but what I think versus what will happen are two totally different things). For this defense, if looking for LBs, I would go with Roquan Smith or Rashaan Evans.